Year Three: The Jung Potion

Protego Totalum

“Eunbi...y-you and I are...cool right?”

Sojung hesitantly said to Eunbi who was sitting next to her as they watched SinB sleep. Eunbi sighed but then looked at Sojung.

”Yeah...I might not appreciate what you said about Yuna but...I hope she’s proving you wrong.”

”She is...she really is and I feel guilty...I can’t even look her in the eye..”

”Well...I guess we’re cool Sojung...I mean we have to be fine in order to help out SinB..”

”Alright then...that’s a big weight off my shoulders..”

Sojung sighed and slumped in her seat. Eunbi giggled as Sojung tried to find the best way to get comfortable.

”You’re long legs aren’t that useful in this situation aren’t they?”

”For once I wanna be a midget..”

Eunbi smacked Sojung’s shoulders and the two continued their friendly argument until the rest of the girls walked in with a few books.

”Sojung I need you to come with me and Yewon...we have some work to do..”

Sojung stood up and scurried off with the geniuses of the group. Yuna sighed as she plopped down on the seat next to Eunbi.

”You seem really tired..”

”I am...all of this is so stressful..”

”Then rest for a bit. Here with me. Besides you’re still looking after SinB.”

Yuna sighed as she looked at SinB’s sleeping face. She bit her lip and furrowed her eyebrows.

”She’s looking weaker and weaker everyday..”

”Only two days have passed since that incident Yuna..”

”Two days where she hasn’t been able to walk or even stand up..”

”Hey..”

”I feel like we’re waisting time..”

“Yuna..”

Eunbi grabbed her hand and squeezed it. Yuna sighed and looked down.

”I just...I wanna see her happy and energetic...like before..”

”And she will be. Just because you’re not doing anything at the moment doesn’t mean progress isn’t getting done. The others are working hard at creating a potion. We’ll get SinB better soon, I’m sure of it.”

They heard a slight whimper and they immediately turned to SinB. Her breathing was starting to get rugged and her forehead was sweaty.

”SinB? Oh my gosh look at her wrist..!”

Eunbi said and pointed to her wrist where the bracelet was. Her wrist was purple and red from bruising and constant pain.

SinB’s eyes then snapped open and she grabbed her wrist. She yelled in pain and groaned harshly.

”SinB oh gosh what do we do?”

”Ice! We need ice it’ll help her out!”

Yuna said as she scurried away to get ice. Eunbi tried to calm her down and get the bracelet off but nothing worked. SinB whined and held onto Eunbi tightly, beginning to cry.

”H-help me! Please!!”

”We’re trying to I’m so sorry!”

”Please it hurts so much!!”

SinB screamed and began thrashing around the bed and curling into a ball. Yuna and the nurse finally came back with an ice pack and the nurse placed it on her wrist. SinB’s pain was soothed slightly, at least now she could stop moving around and such.

SinB sighed and soon the pain from the bracelet was gone. SinB looked up at Yuna with a painful look.

”F-find...something...a-anything...to get me out...of this ing bracelet..”

”I will don’t worry. Yerin’s getting a potion ready with Yewon and Sojung. I’ll look for a way to get that off of you too tonight alright?”

”P-please Yuna...please..”

”I will. We’re gonna help you out okay? Once you’re all healed up we’ll figure out how to get that bastard alright?”

SinB nodded and slowly went to sleep again. The nurse was unaware of what to do. She’d never encountered anything of this sort.

SinB was exhausted from the constant pain and having her energy and power drained by the spell wasn’t helping either.

*******

”Alright just a bit more...a teeny tiny little bit more and...there! Alright let me just..”

Yerin mumbled to herself as she was making the potion. Yewon had helped her figure out the right ingredients and such and Yerin made the magic happen. Sojung was there to measure out ingredients and do Yerin’s bidding in order to get it done quickly.

”Are you sure you don’t want more help?”

”I’ll be fine honey! Go off with SinB I’m almost done here. Sojung’s here to help to do don’t worry!”

Yewon sighed and nodded. She then scurried out the room and towards the medical bay to watch over SinB again.

”Alright Sojung can you bring me some more of that?”

”Of this?”

”Yes that! Alright...adding that in will serve as an antibiotic...meaning if there was any tears or wounds either inside...or outside...of the body..”

Yerin spoke softly as she mixed and kept adding in things quickly. She reminded Sojung almost of a mad scientist.

”...this will decrease the chances of her getting infected. Thus creating less things to have to treat!”

Eunbi then came in rushing through the door of Yerin and Sojung’s room. She panted and looked at the two worriedly.

”If you don’t get that potion to her now SinB is dead meat you hear me?!”

”Is she hurting again?! Oh my gosh Yerin!”

”What?”

Yerin said as she spun the final potion in the glass she was holding, covered with a wooden cork at the top.

”I call it the Jung Potion! Alright what are you doing there standing? Come on!”

Yerin said as she ran out the room, the two following closely behind her.

*******

“SinB please calm down Yerin is on her way with the potion.”

Yewon hugged her girlfriend tightly as she shivered and screamed in pain. She was sobbing and moving around in her arms as the pain was more intense due to the sensitivity of her wrist.

”P-please Yewon! Help me!!”

”I’m sorry I can’t right now..”

Yewon said as she held back tears. She hugged her tighter and kissed her cheek. Wishing all of SinB’s pain would be gone.

”SinB open your pie hole and drink this !!”

Yerin yelled as she ran in the medical bay. She quickly opened the top of the small glass bottle and SinB drank it all desperately. As soon as she was done, the bracelet shined bright and with one last sting of pain, it went from it’s original state of purple to gray.

And the pain was all gone.

SinB sighed and slumped back on the bed. She went to take off the bracelet and it finally went off. She threw it across the room and chuckled.

”ing...p-piece of ..”

”Cutting the spell off from the body cut it off from the bracelet...oh gosh I’m so happy it worked..”

Yerin said as she sat down on a chair next to SinB’s hospital bed. Yewon hugged SinB gently as the older girl panted. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and spoke out to Yerin in a weak voice.

”Th-thank...you..”

”No problem...now who was it again that you said caused all of this?”

”P-Professor Hwang...h-he’s gonna p-pay..”

”And we’re gonna help you.”

Yuna said in a determined voice. Everyone smiled at SinB who grinned back at them joyfully.

”Nice t-to...have you guys...around to help me. Wouldn’t have it...any other way..”