Year One: Nightmares

Protego Totalum

It’s Friday evening and SinB was absolutely exhausted from all of her classes. The only thing helping her understand was Yewon patiently helping her everyday after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, SinB was on her way to the great hall with Eunbi to eat dinner. They kept talking about their classes and about more serious things like SinB’s nightmares.

”It happened again last night and every time, it’s the same situation. Only it get more clear. All of the other times, it’s been kinda blurry. I could see someone shooting someone at the courtyard with magic from their wand...it’s scary and that’s all I have so far. It doesn’t go any farther because I wake up as soon as that person is shot to the ground...it’s so freaking scary..”

Eunbi nodded as she picked at her food. She was getting pretty worried for her friend. She always ends up in her bed and cuddling the scared girl. Lulling her to sleep.

”Are you gonna go to the library again with Yewon today?”

”Yeah...why?”

”Try to find a book about dreams. These nightmares you’re having are pretty bad..”

”I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks Eunbi.”

*******

”So there are many other types of charms. Charms for almost anything. From the most basic things like making your wand like a flashlight to deflecting attacks.”

”C-can you kill someone with a charm? Or knock them back?”

”Um...yes..it’s called the killing curse but it’s forbidden. It can get you in major trouble if someone finds out and tells the ministry. Knocking back someone with a spell is also possible. It’s called stupefly because it sends the person flying back.”

SinB nodded and sighed as she looked back at the book in front of her.

”Yewon...do you know anything about dreams? Nightmares?”

”Um..not really..why?”

”I..I’ve been having really bad nightmares lately..it’s scary and not letting me sleep.”

”I guess I could do some research about dreams...hold up a sec.”

Yewon stood up and began to scurry through the multiple rows of bookshelves in the large library. SinB was left alone for about five minutes and then Yewon came back with a blue book. She quickly sat down on her seat and began to flip through pages.

”Nightmares you said right?”

”Yep..”

Yewon finally stopped when the book began to elaborate about nightmares.

”So are your nightmares about like everyday life or about someone you know or...just explain please.”

”Well...um it’s always the same one. I’ve been having the same one ever since I came here. It takes place in the courtyard. Muggles are yelling at us..and then a person with a wand blasts magic towards another person who’s thrown back..that’s all I know because that’s when I wake up...it’s really, really scary.”

”Wow...that does sound scary...I’ll keep looking for a bit.”

Yewon kept flipping pages. She then stopped and she looked back at SinB.

”That dream sounds way too specific...muggles here at Hogwarts? Attacking students and professors? There’s nothing like that here...I think this isn’t a nightmare...this..”

Yewon closed the book slowly and sighed as she spoke out in a soft and wavering voice.

”SinB...th-this is a vision...a prediction..”

SinB’s body shivered in fear. Yewon looked around to see if anyone would be listening.

”This means Hogwarts is in extreme danger..”

*******

SinB paced back and forth in her dorm room. She kept trying to replay those events in her head, trying to clear up the picture.

”Who is that person...why would they do that...why are they here...how did they get here?”

She kept mumbling. Eunbi and Jennie looked at her confused.

”I think she’s gone mad.”

Said Jennie to Eunbi who turned back to her and told her everything that SinB was going through.

”Woah...this girl is under so much stress..”

Eunbi nodded in agreement. SinB stopped her pacing and yelled out towards the two girls.

”The only way I can figure this out is if I don’t wake up!”

SinB scurried to get ready for bed. Eunbi and Jennie were extremely dumbfounded but let SinB do what she wanted.

Soon all of the girls were laying down and sleeping. SinB’s hands grasped onto her blanket tightly as she began to dream.

”Get the students to the evacuation points!!! Now!!!”

SinB watched as the students scurried behind their house prefects towards the courtyard and the docks.

”What are you doing?! Hurry up SinB!!”

Yelled Eunbi who pulled her along, away from the crowd and towards another door that led to the courtyard. Waiting for them were three girls. Yewon, Yerin, and Sojung.

”Yuna come back here!!! Yuna please!!”

Eunbi yelled out as she led the girls towards the courtyard where a girl with dark hair was standing in front of the students. Facing a hooded man who was in front of muggle, cursing at the students.

”Yuna!!”

SinB yelled out in instinct. She then began to run towards the girl along with the other girls. The kept calling out to her desperately. The girl then yelled out and pointed her wand in the air.

”Expecto patronum!!!”

Out from the wand came a light blue gush of magic. The magic went towards SinB and the girls. A light blue terrier appeared in front of them and began to whisper in an ethereal voice.

”Thank you for everything. I’m sorry but I must sacrifice myself for us. Keep SinB safe. I love you Eunbi.”

It then faded away and the girls heard a yell from the hooded man who pointed his wand towards the girl.

“Crucio!!!”

The girl was pushed backwards and towards the floor. Her screams pierced the ears of everyone as she yelled out in excruciating pain. She then disappeared along with the hooded man.

”Yuna!!!”

SinB gasped as she woke up. Sweating and breathing heavily. Shivering madly.

”Y-Yuna...Yuna..who’s Yuna?”

SinB groaned and held the sides of her head as she tried to understand this.

”What is happening?”