Year Three: Snowball Fights

Protego Totalum

Yewon sighed as she walked out of Ravenclaw tower and into the courtyard. She saw snow falling from the sky from her bedroom window and since she didn’t have classes that day, she walked out to watch the snow in the early morning.

She rubbed her gloved hands together and stood in the middle of the courtyard alone. Just looking at the small snowflakes falling gracefully from the sky. She smiled brightly as winter was her favorite season here at Hogwarts.

Yet what she didn’t see was that someone was watching her. 

It was Hwang. 

His wand in his hand and ready to cast something. His face dark and with intense eyes.

”Yewonie!”

She heard someone call her name and saw SinB was walking towards her. She giggled and ran to her. 

Hwang then clicked his tongue and scurried away.

”SinB aren’t you cold? Oh gosh babe..”

SinB was wearing just her thin sweater to keep her warm. Not bothering to put on her robe or hat like Yewon did.

”I guess I got too excited..”

Yewon giggled and took off her hat and placed it on SinB’s head. She kissed the tip of her nose and grinned.

“There. Now you’re less cold.”

SinB cooed at how cute Yewon looked yet worried that now her ears were cold. She pulled up the hoodie on her blue lined robe and Yewon smiled up at her.

”You’re absolutely adorable Yewon.”

Yewon giggled once more and held SinB’s hand gently. She then saw a reasonably large pile of snow at one corner of the courtyard and ran off, dragging SinB with her.

”Yewon what the heck?!”

Yewon then laughed at her and pointed to the snow pile in front of them.

”I wanna make a snowman!”

SinB chuckled and sighed as she patted her girlfriend’s head.

”Alright. But I get to name him!”

”I get to choose his middle name!”

The two went to work on creating a reasonably sized snowman. Yet as they were working on the second snow ball, Yewon noticed SinB’s hands were red from the coldness. She took off one of her gloves and handed it to SinB.

”Here. I’ll have a glove and you’ll have the other one!”

SinB looked at her with a blank expression and then burst out laughing. She hugged her girlfriend tightly and kissed her forehead.

”You’re such a pure bean! Thanks for the offer but I’m fine don’t worry.”

”I’m not taking no for an answer Hwang.”

Yewon put the blue glove on SinB’s hand and smiled up at SinB. The taller girl simply smiled back down at her.

”Now, let's finish this snowman alright?”

It took a few more minutes and the girls finally finished the snowman. They used pieces of cobblestone on the floor of the courtyard that had broken off for facial features of the snowman.

”There...let’s name him...Buddy..”

”Yeah! I like it! Buddy Boy...do you want him to have your last name or mine?”

”Hmm...yours!”

”Alright. Buddy Boy Kim!”

”Yah!”

SinB yelled as she got hit by a snowball. She then saw Yerin and Eunbi standing a few feet away from them, snowballs in hand. SinB smirked and her competitive demeanor took over. She then got a bit of snow, made a ball, and chucked it right at Yerin.

Yerin giggled as Eunbi hit her back. Yewon soon joined in and they all began to throw snow back and forth at each other. Soon, Sojung and Yuna came rushing in. Yuna helping Yerin and Eunbi and Sojung helping SinB and Yewon. They all spent most of their morning with snow ball fights and playing together in the snow that seemed never ending.

Enjoying a nice day and making an unforgettable memory.

*******

”Are you sure you’ll be okay during winter break?”

”Without you? Of course not! But I’ll try to stay alive so we can see each other again afterwards alright?”

Yewon giggled and hugged her girlfriend tightly as they were at the train station. Neither wanted to part ways but it had to be done. And they had some much needed rest to catch up on.

”Alright...write to me or else I’ll be mad Hwang. Do you hear me?”

”Yes my Yewonie.”

SinB kissed Yewon’s forehead gently and the two reluctantly parted ways.

*******

”If I...were to...manipulate her mind...I could only imagine just how many possibilities would be open to me...all the opportunities...yes..yes..”

Hwang smirked as he rested his elbows on his desk and folded his hands together. 

“Get that girl right at her weakness and see what would happen..”