Year Four: The Yule Ball

Protego Totalum

SinB sighed as she, Yewon, Sana, Eunbi, Taehyung, and Yerin, waited to be called out and introduced to the rest of the students and staff at the ball. She held Yewon’s hand tightly as she nervously bounced her foot on the ground. 

“..”

Yewon turned her head and saw how nervous SinB was, she clutched onto her hand tighter and smiled at her. The taller girl sighed as she looked back at Yewon, she was absolutely beautiful. They finally settled on the color lavender and the smaller girl wore a long dress that made her look like the princess SinB saw her as everyday. She on the other hand was wearing a suit that fit her just right, heeled dress shoes, and a lavender tie to match her girl’s dress.

The large doors suddenly opened and the professors began to speak out to the awaiting students.

”And here are our Tri Wizard champions!”

Everyone cheered and clapped for the three pairs, Sana leading them, followed by Taehyung, and SinB behind the two of them, never letting go of Yewon’s hand even for a second.

”And now they will preform the first waltz of the evening!”

SinB saw the rest of the girls waving at them and she instantly flushed red, not that she was embarrassed to be dancing with Yewon, more so, she was worried she’d mess up in front of everybody.

The music began to play and SinB hesitantly took Yewon’s hand gently in hers, placing her other one on her waist. She held her close to her and Yewon smiled brightly as she looked up at SinB, the taller girl’s worries almost immediately faded away as she saw her girlfriend’s beautiful face look up at her with such happiness. And so, SinB tried her best to dance with her in her arms.

On the other end of the dance floor, Sana held Eunbi gently yet securely as she glided across the floor with her, seeming very experienced. Eunbi giggled as Sana twirled her a bit and brought her back into her firm hold. Yet from the crowd, Yuna watched with a straight face, arms crossed and seeming very agitated. She really wanted to dance with her, she was hers after all. But she had something planned for later, after the ball. Sana and Eunbi’s plan worked as they saw all sorts of students being visibly pissed off and they both smiled at that.

The last couple, Taehyung and Yerin, were clumsily dancing their way to the song, giggling like lovesick idiots at their mistakes and just having fun, not worrying about the people who watched them. Yerin sighed and rested her head on his strong chest, feeling him rest his own head on top of hers. They were completely and madly in love.

”Look at how Yerin and Tae look. Aww so cute!”

Sooyoung said as she held onto Sojung’s arm. The taller girl simply nodded as she looked at the pair dance..

She grabbed Yerin by the waist and slowly moved to the beautiful string music. The shorter girl smiled at her with her adorable eye smile, feeling her hold her closer.

”Sojung...I should’ve chosen you..”

”We still have time. He and you don’t have to be a thing.”

”Really? I’d love nothing more in the world than to be by your side. Dancing with you just like this.”

Sojung sighed and twirled her elegantly, seeing how she moved along with her dress as they danced. She brought her back and held her closer, almost hugging her, as she felt her rest her head on her shoulder, her own head resting on hers.

”Oh...oh how I love you so, Yerin..”

Yerin giggled again and leaned her head up, looking at Sojung with eyes full of awe and love. It filled Sojung with immense happiness, so much so that she felt the need to cry.

”Do you love me..?”

Sojung was brought back from her daydream by the sound of everyone cheering and clapping. She looked back to where Yerin was, only to see that she was kissing Taehyung gently.

It broke her.

SinB chuckled as she hugged Yewon tightly, the smaller girl smiling as well as she looked over her shoulder, only to see Hwang in a dark corner of the hall, looking right back at her.

The night had just began and it already was filled with uncertainty.

*******

The girls spent the rest of the ball together, with the exception of Yerin and Taehyung who were busy doing their own hetero couple thing. The girls danced and danced, Sana even jokingly danced with Yuna after they all dared the two to do so. It was a great time and they all had so much fun.

The music then slowed down, and the couples immediately made their way towards each other. Eunbi looked back at Yuna but she simply pushed her and Sana together, they had to keep it up, just for a bit more.

Sojung swayed with Sooyoung who smiled with her eyes closed, her head resting on Sojung’s chest. Sojung bit her lip as she began to look around for a bit, only to lock eyes with Yerin, dancing with Taehyung a bit away from them.

There was an unspoken spark. Something that drew them towards each other, only being stopped by their significant other holding them in their arms.

Sojung gulped as she desperately wanted to get closer to Yerin but ultimately, guilt got the best of her and she looked back down towards Sooyoung who wore a big smile on her calm face. 

She had someone.

Yerin had someone.

And that was that.

SinB felt that Yewon was a bit uncomfortable and looked down to see her resting her forehead on her shoulder, seemingly fine but SinB knew her too well to just assume she was completely fine.

”Yewon? Hey, baby? Are you okay?”

”Yeah I’m fine...my head just hurts...can I got to the bathroom?”

”Yeah! Yes, of course. Do you want me to..”

”No...you stay here and have fun. I’ll be right back, babe.”

Yewon kisses her cheek and quickly made her way out the hall, her head had a stinging pain to it and she knew whenever that happened she was needed.

She reached a dark hallway and there was Hwang, waiting for her patiently. She quickly made her way towards him and stood before him, right on command.

”Ahh...Yewon...you look absolutely stunning..”

”Thank you, Professor. How can I be of service to you, sir?”

”You’ve been having fun, yes?”

”Yes, sir.”

”Good...now enough of that. I want you to make sure SinB is tired tomorrow. She has the dragon egg but has yet to open it and find out what the next task is. It’s your job to postpone that as much as possible, starting tonight. Do you understand me, Yewon?”

”Yes, sir. I will not fail you.”

”Good. Now, go along..”

Hwang said as he raised a hand to slide alongside Yewon’s cheek gently, stopping at the side of her neck, his fingers slightly applying pressure, enough to startle her.

”You know the consequences. Make me proud.”

”Yes, sir.”

He let go of her and Yewon quickly made her way back towards the hall, seeing SinB at the entrance. She composed herself before walking towards her calmly.

”There you are! I was starting to get worried..”

”Sorry about that...say...let’s go dance some more, yeah?”

”I’m a bit tired, baby..”

”Come on~ just a little bit more? I don’t want the night to end..”

SinB looked down at her pleading girlfriend and couldn’t help but comply with a smile.

”You’re too cute. Alright, just a bit more.”

Yewon giggled and kissed SinB gently, holding her hand, they made their way back towards the dance floor.

*******

By the end of the night, everyone was exhausted. The students all began to fumble towards their rooms in a tired state, wanting to reach their beds as soon as possible.

SinB was being dragged along by Yewon who seemed much more energetic than her but still very tired. Sojung looked around for Yerin but she was nowhere to be seen so she and Sooyoung made their way towards their room, wanting to fall asleep as soon as possible.

The only two who stayed behind where Yuna and Eunbi, who snuck away together as everyone was leaving. They found a secluded spot by the courtyard and hugged each other there, Yuna’s hands on Eunbi’s waist.

”I wanted so desperately to pull you away...dance with you..”

”Well now you have me, Yuna...no interruptions or barriers this time.”

Yuna smiled as she saw Eunbi’s face shine in the moonlight. She leaned down and kissed her lips gently, beginning to sway their bodies back and forth slowly. Starting a rhythm only they knew and followed.

The slowly spun and made their way across their own imaginary dance floor, holding each other close with an immense amount of love. This was all they wanted.

Not any of the fancy dresses or suits. The glitter and glam of the ball.

All they wanted was a dance.

A dance with the love of their life.

*******

”Yewoooonn, can we please just go to sleeepp?”

SinB yawned loudly as she brought her in to cuddle, but Yewon only responded by pressing her shoulders onto the mattress and kissing her deeply, digging her hands in her hair. SinB lazily kissed back, her hands gently resting on her hips. But before Yewon could do anything, SinB fell asleep during the heated kiss. She sighed and weaved a hand through her hair, plopping down beside SinB and cuddling into her body.

A stinging pain in her head then came shortly afterwards..

 

 

_______

A/N: hey guys! Sorry for the long wait, with everything going on in the world and stuff I found myself in a giant writers block but I hope you can forgive me. Please stay healthy and safe! Wash your hands and wear a mask! ♡