Year One: My Princess

Protego Totalum

A few months have passed and SinB hasn’t had a single nightmare after that one night. She still was curious as to who that Yuna girl was and was still worried for Hogwarts’ future. She’s hesitant to tell anyone of higher authority because if her nightmares were simply dreams and nothing happened, she would be forever called a lier and rude for wanting to frighten everyone like that.

SinB was currently in her flying class. She’s taken quite a liking to this class even though at first the idea of riding on a broom was both terrifying and peculiar to her. She now likes to fly around any chance she gets.

As the students were given free time to fly around for a bit before the class ended, the professor approached SinB along with Professor Lee. SinB immediately flew down and stood in front of them respectfully.

“Miss Hwang Eunbi, Professor Lee would like to talk to you about your broom flying skills.”

“Um...may I ask why exactly?”

Professor Lee chimed in with a happy voice.

“You happen to be excelling and are learning at a very fast pace. I have wondered if you would like to be in Slytherin’s quidditch team.”

SinB gasped and held onto the broom tightly in her hand. She looked at both of them in surprise.

“Really? But I’m just a first year..”

“Hufflepuff has a first year in their team as well! An excellent seeker may I add. Slytherin’s former seeker is severely injured so they are in look of a new one. You happen to be one of the students they would like on the team.”

SinB sighed and looked down at the floor. She tapped her foot on the grass and looked up towards the adults again.

“When can I start?”

*******

“A seeker for the house team?! Really?!”

“I’m surprised too Eunbi!”

Eunbi sighed and sat down on her bed as she looked at SinB in awe.

“I wonder what Yewon’s gonna say~”

“Shut up!!!”

SinB through a pillow straight at her face and Eunbi groaned. The shorter girl had found out about SinB’s little crush on the intelligent girl the week after after winter break when SinB was extremely excited to see her study buddy again. Now she can’t stop teasing SinB about it.

SinB’s face was a bright red shade as she scurried towards her bed and buried her face in her pillows. Eunbi chuckled and walked towards her, poking her arm as she sat on her bed.

“You know I only tease you because I care for you SinB~ now come on, dinner’s in a little bit and you don’t want to get leftovers do you?”

SinB sat up grudgingly and looked at her friend. She had a smug look on her face but then SinB shot back at her with an unexpected remark.

“I think you just want to get to the great hall early so you can see a certain Gryffindor walk in!”

Eunbi gasped and chased SinB around the room and out towards the common room.

“Hwang Eunbi get back here!!!!”

“So you do like him~!!”

“Quiet!!”

*******

That certain Gryffindor they were talking about is the second year, Jeon Jungkook. Eunbi’s current crush who just walked in with his friends. Eunbi sighed and rested her chin on her elbow as she looked at him.

”He has some nice hair.”

SinB told Eunbi as she was eating. The shorter girl didn’t listen as she was too engrossed in admiring the attractive boy.

”Yah!! Listen to me!!”

SinB flicked a green pea at Eunbi’s face and the girl glared back at SinB who was sitting in front of her.

”What do you want?”

”Stop looking at him like if he was a prince or something. Your food’s getting cold.”

Eunbi sighed and turned back around to eat her dinner.

”Maybe he is a prince..”

Eunbi mummered under her breath. Yet SinB found out.

”No he ain’t!”

”Shut up! He is and you think of Yewon as a princess don’t ya?!”

SinB’s eyes widened as Eunbi said that extremely loudly. The students around them gasped and stared at them in confusion and surprise. The whole hall went frighteningly silent.

SinB’s eyes began to fill with tears out of embarrassment and she looked at Eunbi one last time before she ran out of the hall. Beginning to cry as she did so.

She ran towards the girl’s bathroom to get some peace and quiet. Also to be alone. SinB entered the room and locked herself in one of the stalls. There, she cried her heart out. 

“Eunbi~”

SinB heard a voice call her name but she refused to look up.

”Eunbi~”

”Shut up!!”

”Yuna...Choi Yuna...will help you...live..”

SinB finally looked up at the sound of that name. She opened the stall but saw nothing.

”Hallucinations...most likely...I seriously need to figure out who this Yuna is.”

SinB sniffled and went back inside the bathroom stall. She tried to calm down and think of other things but nothing came to mind and SinB began to cry again.

She heard footsteps approaching the bathroom. She heard a knock on the door and a soft voice speak up.

”SinB? It’s Yewon...are you okay?”

SinB began to cry even more as now she felt scared about what Yewon was going to say to her.

”SinB please open up.”

”No! Please just go away..”

Yewon sighed and pressed her forehead on the stall door.

”I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Yewon sat down in front of the stall door and patiently waited for SinB to open the door. SinB kept sobbing and holding onto her legs as she had them brought up to her chest.

Yewon’s eyes watered as she heard her friend cry. It would only be a matter of minutes before Yewon broke the door down to comfort SinB.

SinB calmed down a bit and thought it would be time to say what she’s been wanting to say ever since the first day of school.

She unlocked the door and running in came Yewon, wrapping her in a warm embrace. SinB closed her eyes tightly and hugged her back as she cried on her shoulder. Yewon sat on the floor and held SinB close to her as she whispered reassuring words out to her.

SinB eventually calmed down and just silently sniffled as she hugged her. Yewon patted her back as she whispered out to her.

”I wouldn’t mind being called a princess..”

SinB’s eyes widened and she looked at Yewon, sitting up straight. Yewon smiled warmly at her and that made SinB’s heart skip a beat.

”W-What do you mean?”

”What Eunbi said back there, she was referring to you right?”

SinB slowly nodded as she looked down to her lap.

”And you think of me as a princess?”

SinB nodded again as she played with her fingers. Yewon bit her lip as she tried to pry out just a bit more information from her.

”What do you mean by tha-“

”I like you Yewon. I like you. More than a friend.”

The room was silent for what seemed like ages to SinB. Yewon’s cheeks were tinted a slight pink and her eyes widened.

”I...I’m sorry.”

SinB stood up and began to walk out of the stall but Yewon grabbed her wrist and brought her in a tight hug.

”No need to be sorry.”

SinB closed her eyes and hugged Yewon back. Yewon then pushed SinB back a bit and held the sides of her face. She placed a gentle kiss on her forehead and smiled.

”Let’s take this slow. We can’t be dating when we’re this young.”

”B-but do you-“

”I like you very much as well SinB.”

She rested her forehead on SinB’s and whispered out gently.

”But we need to be patient.”

SinB nodded furiously with a deep blush and widened eyes. Yewon giggled as she hugged her again and cooed out to her.

”Oh you’re so cute.”

”Shut up you’re cuter than me.”

SinB groaned as Yewon hugged her even tighter. She was extremely happy, both of them were. Now SinB needs to thank Eunbi for giving her that extra push. She really needed it.