Year One: Magic Exists!

Protego Totalum

The seventh day at Hogwarts, Monday. SinB had a hard time waking up today but she grudgingly got out of bed when Eunbi kept bickering her to wake up. Their other roommate, Jennie, usually kept to herself but they’re pretty nice to each other. She told Eunbi she would leave a bit earlier as her other friends were waiting for her.

After SinB got ready in the bathroom, she put on her green lined robe and tie. She slipped on her shoes and yawned as she did.

”Come on! You’re so slow!”

Eunbi whined as SinB, with half closed eyes, walked slowly towards the door to exit the room.

They finally made their way towards the great hall for breakfast where Eunbi was  constantly scolding her.

”You know we need to be at our classes and stuff on time everyday! Why would today be any different?”

”I’m sorry...I just couldn’t sleep last night..”

“Why?”

”I...I kept having nightmares..”

”You still have nightmares? SinB you’re eleven already-“

”No Eunbi it’s different cause I never get nightmares.”

”Well...what did you dream about?”

SinB sighed as they entered the great hall and began to get breakfast. 

“It’s really weird..it showed the school being attacked...by what did you call them again? Non magic people?”

”By muggles?”

”Yeah!”

Eunbi’s eyebrows furrowed and the two sat down at the large slytherin table with their food.

“But didn’t your dad stop muggles from finding us?”

”I know but...it’s a stupid dream. I should just shut up.”

”It’s just a nightmare, your dad protected us from that ever happening. Besides, the school is a safe place for us.”

”Yeah...I guess you’re right.”

After breakfast, SinB headed to her first class. Charms. She had no idea what she would be doing but she tried her best anyway.

”How the heck am I supposed to do this?”

She whispered to herself as she was walking out of the classroom. She checked her schedule again and saw that her next class was herbology.

”Herbology? Like..plants? Hmm.”

She made her way towards the classroom and when she got out after one hour, her hands were dirty. Her face also had dirt.

”If only I wasn’t raised by muggles..”

She wiped her hands on her robe and tried to clean her face with her sleeve. The dust and dirt was making her sneeze.

She decided to go to the library for break so she could study and try to understand how charms and magical plants work a bit better. 

Since it’s only fifteen minutes of break, she immediately got to work. Grabbing multiple books and beginning to look in them, trying to wrap her head around this thing called “magic.”

She kept sneezing as she was studying. Wiping her nose with the back of her hand whenever necessary. She was completely focused on these books opened in front of her.

”Wing...wingar..dium..levio..levio..sa? Wigardium leviosa? The levitation spell..”

She flipped through the many pages of a herbology 101 book and was absolutely fascinated at how many plants there were that she didn’t even know about.

”Mandrake...can kill anyone with its lethal cry..plants can cry?”

It was soon time for SinB to pack up and go to her next class which is potions. 

As she was walking towards her class, she kept sneezing and her nose felt itchy. Her eyes watered and she didn’t feel comfortable at all.

”Why did I have to be so allergic to dust?”

She sniffled for the hundredth time that day and entered the classroom. The professor told her where to sit and with a weak nod, she made her way towards the small table. There was another seat next to her, SinB was curious as to who would be her partner.

She sneezed again and whined as she rested her head on the desk. She was really getting tired of sneezing. She heard shuffling next to her and slowly looked up from the desk to face a gorgeous girl with dark brown hair.

”Um...hello there..I’m Kim Yewon.”

The girl held out her hand and SinB blushed as she hurried to wipe her hand on her robe and shook her hand.

”Hwang Eunbi. Sorry, my last class was herbology. I got a bit dirty.”

Yewon smiled and sat down. She heard SinB sneeze and giggled at how cute her sneeze was.

”Sorry..*sniffle* I’m allergic to dust and dirt.”

”It’s okay. I won’t judge but hold on a sec.”

Yewon used a bit of her robe to wipe off some dirt that got on SinB’s cheek. Also a bit on her chin. SinB was blushing madly but let Yewon do what ever wanted.

”Um...thanks..”

”No problem! So do you know anything about potions?”

”No not really...I didn’t even know what a mandrake was before I looked in a book at the library during break.”

”Really? Your dad was a great wizard so why don’t you know about these things?”

”I was raised by my muggle aunt and uncle. They didn’t think I would be magical like my dad so they didn’t show me all of the magic stuff. I guess it was their fault why I'm really behind on everything. But it’s okay, it was just a mistake. I just didn’t show as much signs early on.”

Yewon nodded and turned back towards the front of the room as the professor began to talk. This is one of SinB’s longer classes. It’s lasts two hours in total. But after this it would be lunch so she would be able to see Eunbi again.

“Hello everyone. Today we will be talking about what would be created if powdered root of asphodel was added to an Infusion of Wormwood and the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane.”

SinB sighed as she figured it would be an extremely long class.

*******

SinB’s head began to hurt with all of this new information. She was extremely confused while everyone else was writing away and nodding as the professor explained the topics for today.

Not only that, she couldn’t stop looking at the gorgeous girl beside her. Stealing quick glances every now and then. 

The class was long but at least SinB’s first real crush was sitting next to her. And since she’ll be with her for a whole year, it’ll give her opportunities to get closer to her instead of simply admiring her.

It was time for lunch so SinB began to pack up her things and as she was about to leave, Yewon slid her a note. How can her handwriting be so neat?

SinB took it in her hand and looked up to Yewon who smiled at her and left. SinB blushed and looked back down.

I saw you were pretty confused so if you need help, I can help you study at the library after dinner. Just find me during lunch if you want help today.

                                ~Yewon :)

SinB could feel her heart skip a beat. Good thing that now she knew someone who could help her understand all of these new things.

Even better when it’s someone who she admires.

 

 

______

A/N:

Sunrise is an absolute bop and so is the entirety of the album. We are being so well fed by our queens!! :D