Year Four: Lies and Secrets

Protego Totalum

When Yewon walked back to her bed, she saw the girls sat or stood around her bed, everyone except SinB. She was sort of relieved as she wouldn’t need to explain or worry SinB out because she knew when she saw her all hurt she would never let it go. The girls all visibly gasped and rushed towards her yet Yewon simply gave them a tired smile.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Yuna loudly freaked out and started investigating Yewon's wounds, the others joining soon afterwards. Yewon grumbled a bit, reassured them she was fine, and made her way closer to her bed, sitting down on the side of it, everyone gathering around her.

"Yewon, we've been worried sick! What on earth happened back there a-and what's this? Is that a cut?"

Eunbi held her jaw gently and tisked, Yewon pulled her head away and looked down to her lap instead. She so desperately wanted to tell them what was happening to her, wanted to get the help she needed, yet she held back as she knew he'd find a way to murder her and everyone she's ever loved if she did so.

"I fell on my way to the bathroom...nobody was around so I just took care of them myself. I'm fine tho.."

"You fell? And that gave you red marks all over your neck?"

Sojung inquired from the corner she was standing at and walked towards Yewon shortly afterwards, looking at the marks in close detail.

"This is...I know this all too well.."

Sojung stood up straight and looked at Yewon with an intense gaze. Her voice deep and serious as she spoke up.

"Yewon, these are choke marks...what's really going on?"

Yewon visibly deflated, feeling defeated. She really didn't want to let them know, she so desperately didn't want them to figure out this soon either. And so, Yewon looked away again and kept shut.

"Yewon."

Sojung urged and held her hand on Yewon's shoulder. Yewon couldn't bare to look at her or anyone else because she knew she would spill.

"Yerin? Yerin! I need your help!"

SinB suddenly scurried in, hair wet, dragon egg and robe in her arms. She then saw Yewon was awake and almost dropped the egg before setting it on the ground and rushing towards her.

"Oh my...Yewon!"

She ran and hugged her girlfriend in her arms tightly, feeling extreme relief as she now knew she was awake and well. That was until she pulled back and saw her wounds.

"Wait...baby what's...what's all this?"

She ran her fingers over the bruise on her cheekbone and Yewon flinched at the contact. SinB waited for an answer but, just like Sojung, she got nothing.

"Babe what happened-"

"Enough!! Yes I got hurt, I'm fine now though! Now, if you could all just leave me alone, I'd appreciate that very much!"

Yewon suddenly snapped and glared at everyone, catching them off guard as Yewon was never one to show such sudden hostility. SinB exhaled sharply and looked at Yewon with so much concern in her eyes that it almost broke Yewon completely with that look.

"Please."

Yewon said, this time with a tinge of desperation in her voice, and looked into SinB's eyes. The taller girl sighed as she had never seen her ask for something like that in her life and so, she urged the girls to leave the room with her. And as she was about to give Yewon a goodbye kiss, the smaller girl pulled away, instead going to lay down in her bed. SinB sighed and left with everyone else after collecting her things.

They all ended up at the library where SinB needed Yerin's help for something she found in the egg. 

"I figured out what the next task is. We have an hour to find something that was taken from us, I don't know what it is but all I know is that we have that specific time frame and, deducting from the siren voices heard in the egg and the face I had to open it underwater, we have to dive to find it."

"An hour underwater...you'll need something to keep you swimming and looking without having to go up for air...let me just.."

Yerin then began to ramble on silently to herself as she made her way into the many bookshelves. Sojung, knowing she'd need her help to carry books, followed behind her. SinB sighed and rested her head on her hand, looking at the egg placed in front of her. Yet definitely not thinking about it, Yewon was the only thing in her mind.

"Eunbi...do you know what happened to Yewon?"

Eunbi peeked her head from one side of the egg and bit her lip in worry. She spoke up as Yuna began to fiddle with her own robe at the question.

"I mean...she said she had fallen down on her way to the bathroom and since nobody was around, she cared for her own wounds in the bathroom...but Sojung...she found red marks all over her neck and we noticed it soon after she did. She...she said they were choke marks.."

"Choke marks? Someone choked her out?"

"Wait. Hold on there, that's the thing, Yewon totally flaked out on the question and then you walked in and she snapped. She's hiding something, we all know it. She just isn't saying anything... I have a feeling whatever happened this morning had something to do with it.."

"E-Eunbi..!"

Yuna rasped out quietly, looking at Eunbi with wide and worried eyes. Eunbi silently cursed, excused herself, and scurried out of the library, holding Yuna's hand. 

"Is it time?"

"Yep!"

Eunbi and Yuna ended up at their usual spot, right under one of the house towers, closest to the forbidden forest. The moon shining brightly in the night sky. Eunbi helped Yuna take off her robe and shoes.

"I'm getting so tired of this already! Why can't I just be a normal person and just be inside like a normal student?! I hate this!!"

"Yuna? Hey, babe, listen to me. You didn't choose this. It's not your fault, but there's nothing we can do. This is the new normal for you, for us, now. And you can bet your I'm gonna be by your side the whole way, do you understand me?"

"Yeah...yeah-argh!!"

Yuna then groaned loudly and began to transform, Eunbi holding her hand to her own mouth, trying to not cry as she saw her lover contort her body in a painful manner in such a way to accommodate the other creature morphing and shifting out of her body. She looked at Eunbi with worried and sad eyes as she then finished the transformation, the Yuna that was once there, being replaced by a wolf.

"It hurts me everytime to see you like that...come here. Come here, baby."

Eunbi leaned her body down a bit and wrapped her arms around Yuna's furry body that was sitting. Yuna whimpered and rested her head on Eunbi's shoulder.

"We'll get through this. Together."

They parted and Eunbi went to sit on a nearby bench, she pulled out her sketchbook from her bag and began to draw, Yuna starting to scope out the area and do whatever she did as a wolf. She hunted sometimes but today, she wasn't very hungry. She instead layed down by a bush, a few feet away from Eunbi to prevent her from pouncing on her if her potion somehow weared off. Eunbi sighed and looked at her before calling out to her.

"I love you, Yuna!"

Yuna responded with a whine and dug her face in her paws, looking away as Eunbi giggled and continued her sketch, a portrait of her girlfriend in her beautiful wolf state.

 

 

 

______

A/N: I made a mistake! (Also hi this is weird an update right after one I uploaded yesterday? HA!) well I read up on more harry potter lore and about werewolves, only to find that I've been using the wolvesbane potion all wrong! It only helps a werewolf that has been changed into it's wolf form retain it's human mind it DOESN'T take away their ability to change, they still have monthly shifts, as seen here with Yuna. So SORRY I'LL TRY AND KEEP IT MORE ACCURATE FROM NOW ON!