Year Four: The Second Task

Protego Totalum

About three days have passed and it was time for the second task of the tri-wizard tournament to begin. SinB was currently in her room with Yerin who found out a way for her to stay underwater for long periods of time.

”I figured gilly weed would allow for you to stay swimming but I believe a bubble head spell will be more effective.”

Yerin showed her the incantation and SinB tried her best to memorize it and as soon as she got the hang of it, they made their way to the docks of Black Lake where everyone else was spectating and where the champions were waiting. Yet Yerin was called by one of the event organizers and so, SinB walked off by herself.

SinB was surprised to see Eunbi was nowhere to be seen and sighed as she took off her robe and passed it to Sojung.

SinB walked up to the edge and shivered at how cold it was, she was only in one piece swimming suit with Slytherin colors, if only Yewon could see her now. She looked back at dock, only Sojung and Yuna being seen yet giving her big cheers nonetheless. She wondered where they were.

More specifically, she was wondering where Yewon was.

The last time she saw her lover was her outburst in the medical bay and she hasn’t heard from her since. She was incredibly worried for her but she understood she needed time and he was busy being dragged around by everyone to prepare for today.

“Welcome everyone to the second task of the tri wizard tournament!! Today our champions will have to search through the dark waters to recover something of them they have lost, first one to return shall be the winner!!”

The crowd cheered and applauded the three students and soon, the games would begin.

”Cast your spells! We begin in three..”

SinB bit her lip and gripped onto her wand tightly.

”..two..”

SinB held out her wand with a shaky hand.

”THREE! GO!!”

SinB did the wand motion and a sort of bubble formed around her nose and mouth and she dived into the water along with Sana and Taehyung who had underwater methods of their own.

She could feel oxygen entering her nose and letting her breathe and once she knew everything was fine, she made a mad dash towards where the other two were heading, the long seaweed field.

On the surface, the girls were freaking out as they saw the water moving as the champions dived deeper and deeper into the lake. Yuna spoke up in a quivering voice as she held onto Sojung’s robe tightly.

”Oh gosh...what do you think they stole from them?”

“I swear, if it’s somrhing stupid like their textbooks or their favorite pillow I’m going to have a problem with this whole thing..”

Sojung sneered out as she tried looking down the lake to see just what was the object they had to get back.

Taehyung groaned as he got his leg stuck in a bed of seaweed and quickly shot at it with his wand to cut himself out. Once he did, he quickly swam deeper into the seaweed field, seeing the end of it come up.

Sana was the first one to escape the tangled field and saw three wooden posts by the end of the lake. She looked up further and saw that there was something tied to them, once she reached what it was, she gasped deeply, almost forgetting she was underwater. In a frenzy, she began to swim as fast as she could towards the posts.

What she didn’t know was the sirens swimming around in the dark shadows.

SinB clumsily kicked her foot out of the seaweed’s hold and began to swim to reach Sana but as she got closer, she saw a glimmer by the corner of a jagged rock, then a sharp blade.

SinB let out a muffled yell and yanked on Sana’s swim suit, the two being brought back as a sharp trident cut its way through the water and stuck in a rock on their other side.

Sana pat SinB’s shoulder as a thank you but both of them got taken aback as Taehyung suddenly got the lead and the two began to swim once again.

But then another trident was shot.

Taehyung was too close and it grazed his side, cutting the fabric of his swim suit and injuring him. SinB saw this and knew that if she stopped, Sana would get ahead, yet she did to help Taehyung. She held her wand to his wound and spoke out a muffled incantation.

”Episkey.”

The wound began to heal itself together and once SinB saw that, she quickly began to swim again, seeing that Sana was incredibly close to the posts, SinB couldn’t quite make out what was tied due to the murky water.

Sana knew what it was but didn’t want to believe it. But once she saw with her own two eyes, she let out a silent scream.

It was Eunbi. Unconscious. Tied to the post. If she didn’t get her down and above water she would drown.

SinB let out a muffled yell as she saw her best friend on Sana’s post and thought it was hers but when the water cleared, she saw the post next to hers and her heart dropped.

Yewon.

And the one next to her.

Yerin.

SinB broke and she stood in shock, not being able to move. That was until Taehyung began to cut Yerin free and Sana began to yank at Eunbi’s ropes that she knew what the situation was.

SinB began to cut at the ropes with incantations and one by one, Yewon’s limbs were being freed. But the cherry on top was that the three weren’t free to go yet.

Two more tridents came towards the them.

And they came in incredibly fast.

Above the water, everyone could see they were towards the end and they were on edge, wondering just what it was and who would come to the surface first.

”Come on, SinB!!”

Yuna yelled out as she waved her robe. Sojung bit at her nails as she anxiously waited for their return.

But then bubbles appeared on the surface towards the far end of the lake. Everyone’s attention was drawn to see who it was.

”We have our first one out!! Who will be first place?!”

The bubbles increased and from the surface of the water broke through Taehyung with Yerin in his arm, coughing up water and holding onto his body tightly.

”YERIN?!”

Sojung screamed out and sprinted towards his dock, Yuna with tears in her eyes as she looked at the state Yerin was in. But she was alive, she was well. 

“Kim Taehyung of Illvermorny wins first place!!”

The school cheered loudly as Taehyung and Yerin were brought up onto the dock. Sojung reached there just in time to engulf Yerin in a tight hug.

”What the , Yerin?! How did this happen?!”

”I...I’m not sure...but I made it out..! He saved me!”

Taehyung dried off his neck and saw how Yerin looked back at him. He opened his arms wide and Yerin hugged him tightly with a wide smile on her face. Sojung sighed in relief at Yerin being okay, only to feel jealousy bubble up in her moments after.

Back underwater, one of the tridents had hit Sana’s post, yet Eunbi was cut free just in time. But the other one hit Sana’s leg and she was too wounded to keep swimming.

SinB was running out of time. She could either swim up and get second place, getting Yewon out of the water sooner, or she could help Sana. Her mind hurt at the intense thinking but she finally came to a decision.

SinB grabbed onto Yewon’s waist and made her wrap her arms around her tightly. She then hooked arms with Sana who held Eunbi close to her. With everyone in tow, she swam her way above water. Yet again, she could see another trident heading their way. SinB yanked Sana closer to her as the trident came closer and closer.

”SinB!!! Where are you?!!”

Yuna yelled out desperately, clutching onto her robe tightly. Yet the bubbles came and grew and grew. And from them, a head popped out from the surface and a bubble bursting from the charm.

SinB broke through the surface of the water and loudly groaned as she pulled the three girls up, her muscles straining as much as they could to bring them above water.

”And Hwang Eunbi from Hogwarts brings along Minatozaki Sana from Mahoutokoro as well!!! The champions have completed the task!!”

Yuna cried out in relief at seeing SinB but then it formed into fear at seeing her friend and girlfriend coughing and gasping for air.

”EUNBI!”

The girls were brought up to safety on their respective docks, Yuna congratulating SinB but rushing towards Eunbi. SinB was being dried off but she just rocked Yewon’s cold and shivering body in her arms.

”Oh my gosh...oh baby oh...how did this happen? Oh gosh, Yewonie..”

SinB kept whispering out as the two were covered with a warm blanket, SinB not caring that she had just completed an incredibly commendable act of heroism and instead holding and worrying for the girl in her arms.

”S-SinB..”

”Yes I’m here. I’m here, baby, I’m here.”

”Th-thank you..”

”Of course. Of course, Yewon-“

”SinB!!”

She heard the girls all calling out to her and before she could turn to them, they had engulfed her in a tight group hug. SinB smiled and sighed deeply in relief at everyone being safe.

Yewon kissed SinB’s jaw gently before digging her head in her neck and SinB could feel true happiness right at this moment. Pure happiness after it being away for such a long time.

”Taehyung gets first place! Sana and SinB are at a tie for second! Lets all applaud SinB for her amazing act of heroism!!”

The schools and staff cheered for SinB practically saving Yewon, Eunbi, and Sana from drowning and meeting their demise. SinB smiled brightly and leaned into Yewon and her friends’ hugs.

 

______

A/N:

Hey there! Sorry for being so bad at updating, you know how I am, but I’m back with another chapter! Not sure when another will come up but it’s almost the end for year four! Year five and six will of course be eventful but shorter in length to prepare you guys for year seven and :0 it’s a doozy guys! Well anyways, thanks for sticking with me! I appreciate you all very much!! <3