Year Two: Wounds

Protego Totalum

It was the end of the day. Sojung and Yerin had just finished their dinner and went back to the dorm. Sojung was sitting on Yerin’s bed as Yerin was rushing about in the room.

She finally came back with a first aid kit. Yerin sat in front of Sojung, getting comfortable, and sat the white box down next to them. They were both currently just in their beige button up shirts and ties. 

Yerin sighed as she rubbed her hands together and looked at Sojung.

”Let’s get started?”

”Yeah..”

Yerin nodded and opened the box. Sojung began to carefully roll back the sleeve of her shirt. Yerin found the end of the white bandages and began to carefully unwrap the ones on her left arm first.

She placed the bandages aside and carefully took off the gauze patches. She gasped slightly as she saw the multiple wounds on her arm. Burns, cuts, gashes, scrapes, and bruises. She held her thin arm gently in her hands and looked back up at Sojung.

”I think I’ll have to clean some of these up...it might hurt a bit.”

”That’s fine. Do whatever you need to do.”

Yerin nodded stood up and threw the bandages and gauze patches away as she went towards the bathroom. She came back with a small and wet towel.

She sat down in front of Sojung again and held her arm gently with one hand.

“I’m gonna start now. I’m warning you, it’s most likely gonna hurt.”

Sojung nodded and bit her lip. Yerin began to care for her wounds. Carefully yet trying to do it as fast as she could so Sojung would not be hurting for long. Sojung was groaning and her eyes were tightly closed.

”There, I’m done cleaning.”

Sojung let out a breath she was holding in and sighed as she looked down at her arm. There wasn’t as much dried up blood.

”Thank you Yerin.”

”I’m not done yet Sojung.”

”Dangit.”

Yerin giggled and got out some bandaids and gauze patches. She also got out some ointment for her burns. Yerin applied the cream on her burns and Sojung sighed.

”That feels nice.”

Yerin smiled and gently rubbed around the burned areas on her arm. She then put bandaids over the burns.

”Burns are taken care of. Let’s do the rest now.”

Yerin took about an hour or so to finish up both of Sojung’s arms. The taller girl felt much more clean. The less severe wounds were covered with bandaids and to lessen the need for bandages, Yerin put gauze patches stuck with medical tape on the scrapes and cuts. The very severe ones, like the gashes, were patched up with gauze and wrapped around with bandages.

Yerin held up a white and thin packet and a roll of brown and cloth bandages.

“What’s that for?”

”Your bruises what else?”

”Oh! D-does that mean-“

”Unfortunately yes. Please your shirt Sojung.”

Sojung sighed and took off her tie. She ed her shirt revealing her stomach and her bra covered chest.

”We’re friends. This shouldn’t be awkward.”

Said Yerin as she inspected the bruises. She opened the packet and four thin heating patches came out.

”How much stuff is in that kit?”

”I brought it from home. My dad’s a doctor in the muggle world. I wanna be like him. Only in the magical world instead.”

Yerin peeled back the back of the patch, exposing the adhesive. Sojung laid down and Yerin put it on her stomach. Sojung then had to take off her shirt completely as Yerin had to put patches on her sides too. Sojung sat up and turned her back on Yerin. She put one more on her shoulder.

Yerin then back hugged Sojung. The taller girl giggled and held her arms that were around her waist.

”All done?”

”Yep.”

Sojung yawned softly and sighed. Yerin let go of Sojung and stood up to get her pajamas.

”I’ll change in the bathroom. Do me a favor and pick up the stuff.”

”What? But you’re the person who used it!”

”I’m joking! Just put on some pajamas Sojung.”

Yerin giggled as she spoke and walked into the bathroom. Closing the door behind her.

*******

“No! Yuna that’s not how you-Argh! Just stop oh my gosh!”

It was the next day and the two were fighting again during study and homework time after dinner with the girls. Yuna slammed her pencil on the bathroom floor and crossed her arms. Eunbi pushed her aside and tried to explain the problem to her but the taller girl was having none of it.

”Yuna listen to me!”

”Why would I wanna do that?”

”If you don’t, I won’t get you any more food from the kitches!”

”Eunbi!!”

”Listen I tell you!”

”Eunbi~!!”

”Quit whining you big baby!”

Yuna kept making weird noises and whining as she didn’t want to listen to Eunbi. Yuna stood up and walked about in the bathroom, annoying the rest of the girls doing homework.

”Yuna shut up!”

”No~!!”

”I said shut up!!”

Eunbi pushed Yuna roughly. Making the tall girl fall, her back and head hitting one of the sinks. The room was quiet for a few seconds after the noise of skin hitting the floor was heard.

Then the sound of Yuna’s whimpers and cries filled the bathroom. Sojung and Yewon immediately rushed towards her and tried to get her to sit up.

Eunbi stepped back a bit. Yewon gasped loudly and went into a stall. Coming back with some toilet paper. She yelled out to the girls.

”She’s bleeding!”

”I’m bleeding?! I’m gonna die!!”

”Please calm down Yuna.”

Sojung said in a calm voice. She rested her back on a wall and she saw the slightly sharp end of the sink. That’s what hit her back. Good thing her head was fine.

Yewon quickly took off her blood stained sweater and raised up her shirt, exposing her back, and began to apply pressure to the scrape.

”It’s fine. Just a scrape. All we need is a bandaid. Anyone have one?”

”I always carry at least two!”

Yerin said cheerfully and took one out of her pocket. She gave it to Yewon who quickly took it out of the paper and peeled back the thin paper layers and placed it gently on the scratch. Yewon cleaned around the wound and put her shirt and sweater.

”It looked like it was gonna be much more severe. Good thing it wasn’t. You might just wanna clean that sweater soon.”

”Thanks Yewon.”

Yewon smiled and turned around to find SinB and Sojung scolding Eunbi. Her hands were held together as she tapped her foot on the ground. Looking down with a pout.

”Now go apologize!”

Sojung yelled as she pointed back at Yuna. Eunbi nodded and went towards Yuna.

”I..I’m...”

”Say it Eunbi!”

”Oh gosh. I’m sorry Yuna for making you fall..”

Yuna stood up carefully and smiled at Eunbi.

”Apology accepted.”

”What?! Really?! I just almost made you hit your head!”

”But you didn’t. And that’s okay with me. Just don’t get so mad at me anymore dude.”

Eunbi sighed and with a small smile, she brought Yuna in a hug.

”I really am sorry.”

”And I really do accept your apology.”

They both giggled and went back to work with the other girls.