Chapter 34

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Vexus Amalgamation

"How is she?" Dahyun asked once she entered the room. Hiro is sitting beside Chungha, reading a newspaper. The girls and CA members already dropped by earlier however Dahyun didn't got the chance to visit her after she collapsed and so here she is. 

 

 

"She's fine, I trust her. She's just recovering. Apparently your tall friend stabbed her by molding dark particles and shaped it into a dagger. You know a miseris' sphere can slowly out energy so this happened." Hiro explained, flipping the newspaper page and drank his coffee not even sparing Dahyun a glance. 

 

 

 

"I see." It was so silent after and Hiro has no plans in entettaining the Tofu any further. 

 

 

 

"Everyone has their own reason." Dahyun suddenly speak and because of this Hiro quickly shifted his gaze to look at her for a minute. 

 

 

 

"You sound defensive." 

 

 

 

 

"Tzuyu's not like that she's--" 

 

 

 

"How's the investigation going? It's been two days." Hiro cut her off.

 

 

 

"Well..we can't find her, we did everything. Mina unnie can't use her premonition for some reasons, maybe because of her excessive vision the other day. Momo unnie tried to contact her via telepathy while speeding around town in hope for a response, Jeongyeon unnie used her SS until her left eye bled, Nayeon-unnie tried expanding her search of Vexus through Chaeyoung's help while Sana.... She.." Dahyun explained and trailed off at the last part, looking elsewhere. 

 

 

Hiro just raised his brow out of habit at this, waiting for Dahyun to continue. 

 

 

 

"She simultaneously opened 45 portals just to find Tzuyu...all over Korea." Her voice got softer at the last part and Hiro can't help but widen his eyes at this. 

 

 

"45?! 45 portals?!" 

 

 

A normal mage can only open 15 portals simultaneously since opening one drains their Vexus big time and the most portals opened ever recorded is 17 so how can someone, not to mention, someone they found here in Earth open 45 portals in a continuous manner? Hiro thought. 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I can testify to that. I've been with her the entire time." Dahyun's face flashed a tired visage as she said that. 

 

 

 

 

Hiro folded the newspaper, cleared his voice and fixed his composure before giving all his attention to the tofu. 

 

 

"So in short, we can't find the Hunter-" 

 

 

"Pardon me but can you stop referring to her as the or a Hunter? She's Tzuyu, period. Nothing more nothing less. Just because she has power that of one doesn't mean she's part of them nor agree to their terms, Tzuyu's not like that." Dahyun defends, looking at Hiro with such a strong gaze, a very powerful one that Hiro temporarily can't move his jaw for a few seconds. 

 

 

 

He then chortled, "You're still defending her? After what she's done to you?" He stated, amused at the younger one's response. 

 

 

 

Dahyun's brows furrowed, "What do you mean?" 

 

 

"As I was trying to say earlier, what if the reason why we can't find her is because she doesn't want to be found. Did you know that we caught a goon with a SAKO TRG 42 rifle targeting you while you were sleeping? Luckily he's a newbie and hasn't developed that much loyalty towards the org yet, he revealed to us that Tzuyu, your so called friend, is the one who willingly shared the information to them." After Hiro explained, Dahyun's body suddenly felt cold, her body starts to feel numb. 

 

 

 

Dahyun released a very dry laugh, "That's not true... Tzuyu would never do that." 

 

 

 

Hiro stood up and walked towards the door but momentarily stopped besides her and tapped her shoulder, "Take it or leave it." 

 

 

*****

 

 

"Now that we're all here, as much as we wanted to retrieve Tzuyu back as soon as we can, danger awaits us." Yeunwoo started. They're on the manor's courtyard, heavily prepared just as what Yeunwoo instructed them to do so. 

 

 

 

"Yeunwoo's right. We can't fight a harsh battle without knowing what we-no--YOU are capable of." The 8 girls looked at each other, confusion written all over their faces. 

 

 

 

"What do you mean by that?" Jihyo, the leader figure asked, starting to get confused.

 

 

"Today, we're going to seek answers and if Mina's premonition is correct then, that deadly massacre is gonna take place this Friday, we don't have much time." Ashe spoke.

 

 

"Are we going to the Mystic Eyes?" Mina asked, getting a hunch on what's going on.

 

 

 

"Bingo." Yara playfully said.

 

 

 

"What? But I thought there's no way in hell we'll find them?" Chaeyoung interfered.

 

 

"Uhh who told you that?"

 

 

 

"No one. I heard it from Hiro, while he was packing up." Chaeyoung innocently answered.

 

 

With this, Ashe sent Hiro a glare only to be avoided.

 

 

"Anyways, you're a bit right there. The thing is, they're hard to find but not if we use the perfect vexus amalgamation for it." Jiro said, extending his hand making gestures in the air to show a green hologram coming out from his emerald earing.

 

 

 

"Vexus alligator? What's that?"

 

 

"Mo please stop blurting out words you don't know instead of confidently using them which makes you stupid."

 

 

 

"Amalgamation. It's basically a mix of different Specialties in order to achieve a certain goal."

 

 

 

"Chungha!"

 

 

Everyone was surprised to see Chungha limping towards their direction, lips gaining back their original colour. 

 

 

"Hey."

 

 

 

"Tch don't 'hey' us, you're supposed to be resting." Hiro hissed and crossed his arms.

 

 

 

"Don't be such a right now Hiro. Sigh. I'm fine really, just, thank you for changing the water in the basin." Chungha said, showing off her rare but weak smile.

 

 

"It's not me! It's water, it could probably be Nayeon or something. Don't just assume things woman!" Hiro stated and stomped his way back to the manor for god-knows-what.

 

 

 

"Nice to know you're gaining your strength back Chungha. Still, Hiro's right, you're supposed to be resting." Ashe smiled and assisted Chungha as she sat on a chair Chaeyoung instinctively made for the senior Craftsman.

 

 

 

Chungha smiled again at the wooden well-crafted chair and caressed it. 

 

 

"You've grown Chaeyoung."

 

 

"Oh how I wish it's literal."

 

 

"Anyways, I've come here to help you guys strategize." Chungha said trying to mold a few figurines but failed.

 

 

"Please don't push yourself, you're having a Vexus Deficiency." Mina reminded.

 

 

 

Dahyun can see Sana flinched, the tofu knows that Sana feels responsible for Tzuyu's behaviour but also just as confused as they are. 

 

 

 

"It's alright." Dahyun mouthed, displaying off a warm smile.

 

 

 

Hiro came back carrying a bunch of wooden figurines and dropped it infront of Chungha. He used his index finger and twirled it, copying a hologram somewhat same with Jiro's. 

 

 

 

The two brothers merged their work, a mixture of white, black and dominantly green streaks surrounded them.

 

 

 

"This..Hiro, you made this by hand?" Chungha asked but Hiro just ignored her and faced the group once again.

 

 

 

"Amalgamation only works if there is a proper sequence. Chungha here is our CA Vexir Analyst. She'll make up the sequence and WE cannot waste time and do our best to make this work and fast." Hiro stated in a firm tone.

 

 

Yara sighed and turned to look at Ashe, "Hiro's right. We have no time to waste Ashe, Chou could be a very good asset to them but we all know she's just another weapon in the battlefield that's why we have to save her before—" Yara's grip on her sword tightened, "..before she ends up like my brother." 

 

 

 

Yeunwoo shifted her gaze on the ground, same with Jiro. Hiro just sighed while Chungha can't help but also display an apprehensive behaviour.

 

 

 

"I understand where you're going Yara but we shouldn't come unprepared. What's the use of having these rifles in battle when the caliber is empty? Just empty shots enough to drive them away but not to take them down." Ashe said.

 

 

 

"Ya! Are we just tools for you?! Do you think we spent our time training our asses off just to be someone's weapon?!" Jeongyeon stepped in, rage starts to stir.

 

 

Mina was quick enough to put up a wall infront of Jeongyeon and also stepped in before withdrawing her forcefield. 

 

 

"Jeong, calm down." Jihyo grabbed Jeongyeon's arm and pulled her back.

 

 

 

"I...I don't care if you'd look at me as a weapon, all I want is for my friend to be rescued!" Dahyun suddenly said.

 

 

 

"Alright then let's do this."

 

 

 

"But for the record, you're not a tool, it's just an analogy." Ashe winked.

 

~~

 

"Remember what I said. Focus on your inner self, that's where the vexus lives in. Have confident in your ability and know what you want, that way the results will be stronger." Chungha lastly advices them as Chaeyoung, Nayeon, Sana and Jeongyeon stepped forward.

 

 

 

since Chungha can't perform oris on such a wide scale, it was Chaeyoung's chance to prove something.

 

 

"Let's do this." 

 

 

Chaeyoung position herself in the middle of the manor's lawn and crouched. Once she touched the ground an invisible force broke out not that strong but enough for the people around her to feel it.

 

 

 

A streak of orange light rapidly spreads on the ground and as if on cue, Nayeon came in and formed a water bubble just right over Chaeyoung's head while Ashe and Momo are standing beside the maknae extending their hands out, a green and blue glow started to appear, as they wait for the perfect timing to release their specialties where Momo would have to telepathically connect Chaeyoung and Nayeon's senses as per Chungha's instructions. 

 

 

 

"Nayeon, Mystic Eyes have this raw vast vexus under their sleeves. Their leader, Solar didn't became a general for nothing. You just have to break the mist. The three are inseperable, you should be able to feel their vexus energy radiating. Once you do, give Jeongyeon a signal and possible location, she'll dive in the bubble and use both yours and the Twin's hologram map to locate them." Chungha instructed.

 

 

 

"I see you've thought this through." Yara muttered, analysing the situation.

 

 

"Hey! Wouldn't Jeong be in trouble once she puts her head in there?" Sana worriedly asked.

 

 

 

"Sana's right. Jeong is very sensitive with water, especially mine. What if she'll get hurt? That's something I can't bear to see." When Nayeon said that Jeongyeon averted her gaze towards her.

 

 

The two engaged in a staring contest, sure they fight a lot but it can't be denied that a strong feeling is wrapped around them. The two just didn't know whether it's positive or not, though Jeongyeon already knew her own feelings.

 

 

 

Ashe sighed, "That'd be the case Nayeon but in order for us to complete it. We need Jeongyeon's God's eye for us to know where exactly is it. The portal only works if Sana's been there before that's why it's vital to know the place first so things can be done quickly. If Sana recognizes it then good, we'll go immediately but if not, Momo has to take her there with her speed and open a portal from there." Ashe explained.

 

 

 

"It would take up a lot of time." Jihyo heard Dahyun mutter as she placed her index finger under her chin.

 

 

 

"Even so! We can't stand here and see Jeong suffer!" Sana added, suddenly getting worried over this Vexus Amalgamation process.

 

 

 

"Yoo, it's up to you." Chungha said.

 

 

 

"I'm willing to do it." Jeongyeon undoubtedly said.

 

 

 

"But--"

 

 

 

"Why not let Mina unnie create a Sandy Helmet or something?" Dahyun spoke which caught all their attention as she cut off Mina's sentence.

 

 

 

"You meant Mina's forcefield?" Hiro asked.

 

 

"Yeah, Mina-unnie can already mold her forcefield into a flying disk which she uses as an offense. A space helmet would be easy, besides it might protect Jeongyeon-unnie from this Contradiction Curse." Dahyun suggested.

 

 

Hiro and Jiro instantaneously looked at each other at this. The tofu made a point, Mina's power was made to protect even from deadliest curse. 

 

 

 

"I-I mean giving it a shot is worth a try, Jihyo-unnie is here..in case something goes wrong she can just nullify it." Dahyun immediately said, bashfully scratching her nape as soon as she realized she may of have sound so cocky.

 

 

 

Ashe turned to look at Mina, "Well Mina-ssi can you do it?" 

 

 

 

"I..I will."

 

 

"Now that's settled. Let's do it again, on position!"

 

 

 

Chaeyoung took a huge breath before crouching back again, she slammed her hand on the ground and thick orange and brown beam shone. Nayeon stood behind Chaeyoung and snapped her hand then a cloud of water formed in front of Chaeyoung's head. 

 

 

Jeongyeon, who was in front of Chaeyoung was keenly observing the sequence. Momo and Ashe are already working their specialties, water and wind mixing, forming a cord from Chaeyoung's nape to Nayeon's floating water.

 

 

 

"I got in." Nayeon informed as she tightly closed her eyes began her search. 

 

 

 

Various of energy came and going through a lot of inner thees at once has already taken a toll on Nayeon.

 

 

"Nayeon!" Sana yelled when Nayeon almost lost her balance if it weren't for Dahyun who caught her.

 

 

 

"I'm fine, I'm fine." 

 

 

 

"Nayeon, try focusing on what you want. Your ability will obey you if you insist on something." Yeunwoo adviced.

 

 

 

"Nayeon-unnie, you can do it." Dahyun whispered.

 

 

 

Nayeon went back to her search, this time a little more determined, everyone can see it since her crest is proudly floating above her head.

 

 

 

"Holy shi--"

 

 

"Dahyun, language."

 

 

"Fu--oww! my foot!"

 

 

Chungha can only glare st the japanese tsundere and focused her gaze back at Nayeon.

 

 

 

"There--East. I..I can feel it." Nayeon muttered, adding more force on her hand as she extends it over Chaeyoung's head.

 

 

 

Nayeon suddenly gasped, "It's not in Korea but the country's not that far away! I can feel the massive energy rediating from there, I don't think I can go near..m-my heart hurts!" 

 

 

"Nayeon-unnie hang on there!" Dahyun yelled, worried.

 

 

 

 

"Just a little bit more Nayeon-ssi!" Jiro encouraged, never dropping the hologram map.

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon, dive in. We won't know how long the aura will be visible. You have to follow Nayeon." Chungha said.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon nodded at this and looked at Mina. The youngest japanese swirled her hand, indeed making a forcefield helmet for Jeongyeon and with that, the Sorcerer dove right in after forming a circle using her fingers and placed it infront of her left eye.

 

 

 

The three watched intently as their friends risked their life to find the Mystic Eyes.

 

 

 

"I-I can't hold it much longer, fuuuuu I think I've already covered and felt the Europe grounds, are you guys not done yet?!" The Cub yelled, her arm can be seen shaking but she's far from withdrawing it.

 

 

 

"Damn it what kind of country is this?! They had a very large stairs in the mountains, how cool is that!" Momo uttered.

 

 

 

Everyone turned to look at her.

 

 

"Don't look at me! I'm merely voicing out what Jeongyeon said to me when I asked her what she saw as of the moment." She defended.

 

 

"Tch. Since Jeongyeon used the God's Eye, she'll only be seeing outlines of the said landscapes including body temperature from people, it's going to be hard. " Hiro uttered after chanting enhanced spells for Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

"No, no. It's actually useful." Jihyo said as she walked towards Ashe and grabbed her phone from her coat's pocket.

 

 

She typed something and showed it to them, "The energy Nayeon is feeling and the landscape Jeongyeon is describing is in the Philippines. What Jeongyeon just saw is the famous Banaue Rice Terraces, it's famous for its landscape." 

 

 

 

"The 8th wonder of the world." Dahyun said.

 

 

 

"Now we are getting somewhere!" Mina happily said as she clasped her hands together.

 

 

 

"Sana, now we know the initial place, it'd be a big problem if you haven't set foot in that country even once." Chungha said.

 

 

 

"That's the problem, I haven't gone to the--"

 

 

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

 

 

 

Again, everyone's attention is now on Momo who's narrating--minus the proper expression and tone.

 

 

 

"Damn it Mo, can't you at least pretend to be scared or something?" Jihyo asked.

 

 

 

". I may of have zoomed in too much but--WAH I found them I found the three of them Oh wow they really do have different color from average human beings." Momo, once again, narrated monotonously.

 

 

 

"I can't hold it out much longer, tell Jeong-hyungie to freaking fasten it up!" Chaeyoung yelled.

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon's presence was felt." Nayeon suddenly said, her forehead sweating.

 

 

 

Ashe was about to ask again when Nayeon yelled which caused her to back down and break the contact. Ashe and Momo were blown away from the sudden lost of momentun while Chaeyoung leaned on the ground, coughing.

 

 

"Ashe/Momo-unnie!"

 

 

"Jihyo-unnie! It's closing, shut it down before it hurts her!" Dahyun said and thank god Jihyo was fast enough to nullify Nayeon's bubble and grab the Sorcerer before it wraps Jeongyeon in it.

 

 

 

"Awww my left eyes hurts."Jeongyeon mumbled, caressing her left eye. Mina immediately ran to her aid.

 

 

 

"N-Nayeon-ssi what happened?" Ashe asked after Yeunwoo and Yara helped her up while the Twins and Sana helped Momo up.

 

 

 

"A 4th party blocked my senses and I guess that's what happened to Jeong too." 

 

 

 

"Great, now we're stuck." Hiro mumbled.

 

 

 

"No, no we're not! I saw something before I was pulled out." Now this time, Jeongyeon got all their eyes and ears.

 

 

 

"I saw a triangle landscape." She said.

 

 

 

"A what?"

 

 

 

"Are you ing kidding us Yoo?"

 

 

 

"No! It really is a perfectly shaped, symmetrical cone landscape!" 

 

 

 

 

"Mt. Mayon Volcano." Jihyo stated.

 

 

 

It was then that the twins' map beeped in red. 

 

 

 

"We got our target. Sana?" Chungha turned to look at the brunette.

 

 

 

"As I've said I haven't been to the Philippines before." Sana said fretfully.

 

 

Without a word said, Ashe removed her thin transparent gloves and touched Sana's forehead. It only lasted for a minute before Ashe withdraw her hand.

 

 

 

"I think you can Sana. Your parents took you there when you were 3 so I think that'll count." Ashe stated.

 

 

 

"They did?" Sana wondered.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. It's something I shouldn't meddle with." Ashe replied. 

 

 

 

Sana was curious and confused but she chose to nod since time is their rival for today and just took a mental note to ask her parents about it later...if ever they're going to come back alive that is.

 

 

 

"Go ahead Sana." Chungha encouraged when she saw Sana spacing out.

 

 

 

 

"Oh. Right." Sana shook her head and extended her arm, palms out, slowly feeling her vexus activating as she gently curled her fingers and gradually tilted her hand.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun can only gape at how Sana have grown so much. Proud is an understatement, knowing that Sana loathed her unusual ability her entire life. 

 

 

 

 

"Woah." 

 

 

Pretty sure it also took the breath of others.

 

 

 

Sana's gate is just so mesmerizing.

 

 

 

"It's opening!"

 

 

Then all of a sudden it disappeared in thin air.

 

 

 

"Sana!" Dahyun was quick enough to catch the brunette.

 

 

"Sana! Are you okay?" The girls went towards her aid followed by a confused Hiro.

 

 

 

"I don't understand, it's supposed to work." Hiro scratched his head and checked his calculations again.

 

 

"I'm.. I'm sorry about that. I just got dizzy, I'm fine now." Sana heaved a deep sigh before letting go of Dahyun's hand and made her stance.

 

 

 

"No, Sana if you're not yet fine--" Nayeon

 

 

 

 

"It's okay. I can do this. For Tzuyu." Sana cut her off with such a determined look.

 

 

 

Maybe second time really is the charm when a big hole outlined with silver with Sana's insignia floating above it formed and them in.

 

 

 

And the next thing they knew they're on an unfamiliar land with an active perfectly shaped volcano infront of them.

 

 

 

"Awww. My head is spinning." Momo muttered

 

 

 

"Is everyone alright?!" Jiro yelled, making sure everyone from their group stays intact.

 

 

 

"Damn it. I'm all beat up. I can't move a muscle." Chaeyoung mumbled, out of the 5 of them, Chaeyoung was the most inexperienced and the fact that her Oris was the baseline for the Amalgamation process, sends.

 

 

 

"Here let me help you bud." Dahyun, who's the only person to ever keep their feet on the ground after being in, crouched and offered the cub a piggyback.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung can't help but smile and scoff at the same time, "You're the real hero here dubs." They bumped their fist before Dahyun proceeded to carry her. "Thankyou." She softly added.

 

 

 

"So where was it?" Nayeon asked once she finished dusting herself off.

 

 

 

"I think... it was around there somewhere. At the foot of the Volcano, there's a cave. I think that's where they are." Jeongyeon muttered inbetween her coughs.

 

 

 

"Momo can you do a quick run around the place? See if you can find a cave or something." Jihyo ordered in which Momo immediately complied, leaving them coughing at the dust momo left them fro dashing off.

 

 

 

 

"Woah, Dahyun's right, you do have that leader figure in you." Yara complimented.

 

 

 

"Graduating first gave me a boost up in maturity." Jihyo simply replied with a smile.

 

 

"Wait where's Chungha and Yeunwoo-unnie?" Jeongyeon managed to ask even though she still can't use her left eye as it rests under her palm.

 

 

 

"You're right. They're not here." Mina mumbled as she looked around looking for any signs of them.

 

 

 

"Don't worry. I've read a book once about celestial portals, a person without vexus can't go through the portal while Chungha…well let's just say someone pushed her aside so she wouldn't get in. She's still weak and can't handle a fight yet." Ashe explained while Hiro just diverted his gaze elswhere.

 

 

"Huh? How about Dahyun then? She doesn't have vexus but why was she able to cross the portal?" Jihyo asked, confused as to why the tofu was successfully transported with them. 

 

 

Jihyo secretly wished Dahyun was left back at the manor. She knows it's selfish but they're on the bridge of danger and she can't imagine what they will do to Dahyun now that one of them recognizes her as a potential threat because of some misunderstanding with their histories. 

 

 

 

"Well Dahyun was standing when we got here, she was probably summoned by Sana after we got here." Jiro answered.

 

 

 

Jihyo looked at the light haired brunette and just realized how close Sana and Dahyun have gotten over the past few months.

 

 

Dahyun is really special after all, her kind heart just gives strength to those who have weak ones and because of that Jihyo can't help but smile and be proud of how her bestfriend grew up despite Dahyun's past as a foster child who witnessed her parents killed infront of her.

 

 

"Momo found it, it's near. Let's go guys!" Jeongyeon suddenly blurted out and started running with Nayeon, Dahyun and Chaeyoung following behind her.

 

 

 

"Let's go." Sana and Mina nodded at each other and starts to catch up with the others.

 

 

 

"Wait, hey, how'd you know?" Hiro asked, in behalf of the 4 them who are incredibly confused.

 

 

 

"Momo's telepathy." Was all Jihyo said before running towards the others.

 

 

Hiro can't help but scoff at this, "Unbelievable." as he swirled his hand, forming a wind carriage.

Mystic Eyes and General Solar

 

The groups arrived infront of a stone arch with faint light of torches inside.

 

 

"I don't know about you guys but I've watched enough horror films to know that there's a huge possibility of me dying first once I go in there." Jeongyeon shivered as she voiced out her thought.

 

 

 

"Don't be such a baby." Nayeon rolled her eyes

 

 

"Yeah, don't lay it something on thick Jeong." Momo second the motion.

 

 

"It's always the blonde guys!" 

 

 

 

 

Yara went near the entrance and touched its foundation.

 

 

 

"It's really powerful. It's better not to perform any psychometry on it Ashe." Yara said which caught Mina's attention.

 

 

 

"Jihyo nullifies it." Mina simply sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter