Chapter 41

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Plan it Out

 

Deja Vu

 

That's what Jeongyeon is feeling right now except that the room is much more bigger with a big magic circle floating in the middle of it along with distinctive chairs in different colors. Jeongyeon looked around and also thought about the number of people added. 

 

 

Currently they're in Solar's Den where a formal Miting de Avance will take place, rooms decorated like these are often used for council meetings, royal discussions and etc. Just like any other, it also has its own rites before officially starting one. 

 

 

"Welcome, my dear Vexirs. We are here today to devise a plan how to counter the Hunters. Hiraeth is within reach now, it will only be in a matter of time before we get there so I say we must enter prepared to whatever problems we will face." Solar starts, ushering everyone to sit accordingly to the colour of chairs depending on their clan. 

 

 

"Yah, i-isn't this dangerous? This room has no floor! We only have floating chairs and a magic circle as table, one step and I'll surely fall!" Momo held on to the entrance post as she rambled.

 

 

Mina gracefully followed some of the code alliance members who walked towards their respective colored chairs and before Mina can even pull out her bright yellow chair, she turned to Momo and the others who are a bit worried.

 

 

"Don't worry Momoring, as long as you've accepted your fate as a vexir and consider yourself as one, the room of faith will not crumble under you." Mina softly smiled as she sat on the chair with a gleam. 

 

 

Momo gulped as she looked down the pitch dark flooring which looked as if it's a hundred feet deep.

 

 

"Mhmm seems like Chungha's student is learning fast." Yara complimented, sitting cross-armed on a glowing steel chair. 

 

 

 

"I'm a student of hers too, at least acknowledge me." Jeongyeon clicked her tongue as she starts to walk towards a lone blazing chair but frowned when she saw three water-like chairs placed across from hers. 

 

 

Ashe noticed this and sent her a warm smile, "Don't overthink it. It's just for precautions. Nayeon's not the only Caster you can hurt. I only touched you once, when I did a reading on you but I should say, it hurts like hell already."

 

 

Jihyo took a deep breath before taking a step, and another one and another one until she found herself walking towards Yara with Nayeon following her steps. 

 

 

 

"Momo-unnie, see you there!" Without any warning, Chaeyoung sprints to where Roku is and jumped unto a beautifully sculpted wooden chair without even looking once to the ground.

 

 

Momo cursed under her breath, everybody is settling down and there she is, at the doorframe battling her height fear. She closed her eyes and is about to take a step forward when she felt two hands hooked into each of her own. Her eyes bursts open and saw two guys towering beside her: a ravenette and a whitette. 

 

 

Hiro didn't even spared her a glance while Jiro just gave her a toothy grin before they carried her towards the Ninja seats made up of whirling wind and leaves.

 

 

"Oi, oi, oi! Put me down, ah!" 

 

 

Jieun was the last one to arrive along with the rest of the mystic eyes. The four of them are already wearing casual clothings unlike Ashe, Solar, the twins and Jeongyeon who are still in their battle suits.

 

 

"Great now we are all here. I believe Hyejin already gave you instruction of how to do the rites before starting the official meeting." Solar was still standing as she initiates the rites, something a host would do. 

 

 

 

"We'll start." 

 

 

Jieun, Nayeon and Ashe stood up from their seat and extended their palms out as a faint blue glow starts to emerge from it. 

 

 

"Progress through wisdom, conquered by none. I….

 

 

Im Nayeon

Ashe Freyar

Lee Jieun

 

 

…. will represent the Caster Clan." 

 

 

Solar nodded at them as their chair glowed and a blue beam came out from it, extending it towards the center of the magic circle. The veteran General turned her head to the Craftsmen who already stood up immediately after the Casters recited their chant. 

 

 

 

"Grab the clutch and feel the power,

 

 

Son Chaeyoung

Fujishima Roku

Ahn Hyejin

 

 

…of the Craftsmen Clan." 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung, Hwasa and Roku clenched their fist and extended it before a bright orange glow reached the center core, lighting up their clan insignia.

 

 

Jeongyeon scoffed, muttering somewhere in the line of, "Hashtag loners." before she stood up and ignited a strong flame on her palm, lifting it up high like a torch. Mina, also stood up, a glowing diamond appeared on top of her palms.

 

 

"My strength is my soul, set thy heart ablaze! Yoo Jeongyeon , representing the Sorcerer Clan." 

 

 

"For generations we lead, to heal is our creed. I, Myoui Mina, will humbly represent our clan, The Shamans."

 

 

Jeongyeon's chair lit up in flames while Mina's shined in saturated yellow. 

 

 

Yara nodded at Jihyo and the both along with Moonbyul, stood up with their fists over their hearts. 

 

 

"Kill. Protect. Save...

 

 

Moon Byul-yi

Hazukawa Hirayi

 

 

… Swordsmen at your service." 

 

 

 

Jihyo swung her arm to her side and held her chin up high, "One ruler, one goal. I, Park Jihyo, will proudly cooperate as a Royal Knight under the Swordsmen Clan." 

 

 

Moonbyul and Yara's insignia activated alongside a small copy of it, Jihyo's insignia, which seems to be similar if it weren't for the gold outlines. 

 

 

Wheein, Hiro, Momo, and Jiro did the Ninja's sign and extended their two fingers towards the magic circle before yelling, "As swift as wind! In air, we prosper..

 

 

Sakamoto Hiro/Jiro

Hirai Momo

Jung Wheein

 

 

… will represent the Ninjas!"

 

 

Sure enough the swirling wind-chairs expanded a bit along with a gleam as their crests rose up from the table. 

 

 

Everyone turned to Solar's position as they watch the final part of the rites. The veteran General slit her wrist using an old dagger and poured a droplet of her blood on the table, the room's patterned lines activated and the door slammed close as Wheein's truth ball emerged in the middle. 

 

 

Momo and Nayeon yelped in surprise at that.

 

 

Solar then looked at them and gave a waggish smile, "Through the shadows we persevered, In darkness we have no fear. I, Kim Yongsun, as a host for this sacred meeting, will represent the Hunter's Clan."

 

 

As Solar sat down, her chair turned to a materialized shadow one with dark purple light lined towards the table, conpleting the set of Clans. The glowing of crests lasted for a good 30 seconds before everything was normal once again.

 

 

"WHAT?!"

 

 

"Yah, you're a hunter?!"

 

 

"All these time?!"

 

 

"I—"

 

 

"The heck??"

 

 

 

"I do understand the surprise and it's making me flustered. I'm a walking proof of that not all hunters are bad guys. Your friend, Tzuyu, is not one too. I can feel it, as someone who's in the same clan. Though, the reason why she's doing this is still unclear to me." Solar grabbed a scroll and threw it up in the air in which it stopped and produced nine more.

 

 

 

"Before laying out the protocols, I guess it would be better for us to know the current situation in Hiraeth. I'm sure GD won't take any rash actions but their presence will surely fuel Hunters' will to get the throne once again." Jieun starts, moving her hand as she was saying.

 

 

"Jieun's right. That's why we prepared this projection before hand." Solar turned to Hwasa and nodded.

 

 

"Hyejin if you please." 

 

 

Hwasa got this already. She stood up and cracked her knuckles before pointing her hand towards Wheein's Sphere of Truth. A wave of light brown-orange force leaks out from Hwasa's hands as a golden beam appeared out of nowhere, lighting up the Sphere of Truth.

 

 

"W-woah, what's happening?" Chaeyoung muttered under her breath. 

 

 

Solar heard this and folded her arms, "Hyejin specializes in assists making her SS useful in times like this. Basically we needed a mage's vexus to see the other world and project the major happenings there using Wheein's Truth Ball so Hyejin simply connects Dahyun's vexus from the other room to complete the process."

 

 

The group made an amused/amazed little noises but before one can even speak up, the Sphere of Truth glowed brightly until an image was formed and faint voices can be heard.

 

 

"Please! Evacuate the elders! Immediately!"

 

 

"Prioritize the children! Women who can still fight please step up!"

 

 

"Take the east coast! We're nearing the borderlines of Cordova. Tighten the defense in the main city!"

 

 

A honey-like voice can be heard ordering around as the sound and image becomes clearer showing a beautiful young girl with a Caster's crest on her bare shoulder. 

 

 

She can be seen getting on a horse as a blue-haired guy on her right gave her a classy, obviously customized ancient, bow before she took off.

 

 

"Suzy?!" Ashe was shocked to see the girl in the projection and had her eyes and mouth widen.

 

 

"You meant Lee Suzy?!" Even Yara seems to be shocked too.

 

 

"But—"

 

 

"I know what you're going to say Ashe. It's been almost a year since you guys were in Jieun's last portal which means it's been almost a thousand years back in Hiraeth and although Vexirs has a long lifespan to begin with, it's nearly impossible for one to exist in this era. Well to answer that, she is Bae Suzy, the granddaughter of the Suzy you've known back then and is now currently the Caster for the 7 Swords in Hiraeth." Solar explained as the group watched the projection intently.

 

 

 

Explosions and screams can be heard, blood was shed for sure but it is seen how hard the Casters fought to defend the borders from an attack caused by the Hunters and some from other clans too.

 

 

 

"Woah, she's an exact replica of her!" Ashe can't help but point it out..and also to be amazed at how the girl is handling the situation. 

 

 

 

The Suzy they've known is a clumsy but kind-hearted person. She doesn't like violence and prefers to work behind the scenes like setting up barriers along with Shamans, doing first aids and assists. 

 

 

"M..Ms.. Suzy! One of the Swords… Sir Yugyeom d-died in the north raid. He died healing an injured baby. As of now, Ms. Taeyeon already sent additional Casters to aid the transfer of Sir Yugyeom's ashes back to Moonshore." 

 

 

The group's breath hitched as they witnessed a Sword's death right in front of them. Mina can be seen clenching her hands as she realized what clan that sword was—Shamans. 

 

 

"This is freaking unbelievable." Jeongyeon muttered under her breath, eyes darkening at the sight of Hunters taking down the Casters one by one. 

 

 

 

Then suddenly the projection changed and swift wind-like movements can be heard, then the ball brought them to a forest—a forest not so green anymore— where a young guy is balancing on a cloud as he speeded through the trees.

 

 

"Protect the forest at all cost!" 

 

 

Mina's eyes widened at the familiar face flashed on the projection and her body tensed up more at that.

 

 

"Taehyung?!"

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at Mina and then back to the ball where Taehyung's fierce expression can be seen. 

 

 

"What is Mina's cousin doing there?" Chaeyoung carefully asks as she darts her eyes to Solar.

 

 

"He's probably the Hiraeth's Taehyung. Remember, Hiraeth and Earth can have the same people with different personas." Jieun answered whose eyes are also observing every move made on the projection.

 

 

 

"Kim Taehyung, is a Division 5 Captain in the Ninja Forces. He's the youngest out of all the captains and the most skilled one too." Wheein stated or more like reported to Solar.

 

 

"I see, so the disappearance of their sword, Byun Baekhyun, made the clan expand the Division to 5." Solar slowly nods and continued to watch.

 

 

 

"What the hell?! That's Slefeadore?! It looks so ruined already! Why the hell are there forest fire everywhere!" Hiro can't believe what he's seeing right now. What once a home now looks like a suburban area. 

 

 

"You jerk!" The guy, Kim Taehyung yelled as he jumped off his cloud and clashed his sword unto a grumpy-looking girl. 

 

 

The girl smirked and blasts an open fire from her palms, now Taehyung might of have dodged it but the results it gave are trees burning in exchange of it. 

 

 

"I said stop it! Why the hell are you throwing a fit, our clan didn't even do anything towards you guys!" Taehyung shifted his position and swung his hand towards the burning trees. A strong force of wind came out from his palms, blowing off the fire before he turned his attention back to the girl.

 

 

 

"Tsk." 

 

 

The girl lunged towards him in such a quick speed however Taehyung caught a glimpse of 3 others just like her who went passed by him opting to cause havoc to their protection trees only to be blown away by some dark eerie energy. 

 

 

 

"Oh no you don't." Taehyung made a hand gesture before the wind materialized into a mini-cage, trapping the girl in it before she can even reach Taehyung's position. 

 

 

After this the young Ninja did a back flip to dodge a shadow beam and instantly clashed swords with two Hunters who emerged from the ground. 

 

 

Not too long after, 2 Ninjas came to their Captain's aid.

 

 

"You're not going to destroy our forest anymore!"

 

 

That was the last dialogue they've heard before the scene changed once again, this time the Sphere of Truth drastically shows the different angles of what is currently happening back in Hiraeth.

 

 

There's the Craftsmen who's checking their big wooden mechanical weapons while others were sent to the battlefield.

 

 

"Move it move it! The Swordsmen will be needing these traps for the Castle! Now that those Montgomery bastards were back from the grave, there's no stopping them!"

 

 

"Bring in the next batch!"

 

 

 

Then the Shamans….

 

 

"Those who are low on vexus please proceed to the right side while those who are severely injured turn to the left side!"

 

 

"Sir Changmin, Yugyeom's ashes is currently being brought here. The Ninja and Swordsmen are the ones guarding it alongside with the Caster's help."

 

 

 

The group can't help but feel sympathy for the Shaman clan who just lost an important member. The guy named Changmin showed great despair at the sudden death of a comrade but nevertheless collected himself up, nodded, and continued to work in a fast pace for all these Vexirs needing help from them.

 

 

 

The projection ended and the air in the room felt empty and many worried looks can be seen from the table. 

 

 

"The situation is really worsening." Ashe starts.

 

 

"Yeah no ." Hiro scoffed.

 

 

"Is there any way we can help to stop this petty war?" Nayeon asked which made the others turn to her.

 

 

"Nayeon's right, we may be here now because of Dahyun but now that we have all accepted our fate as Vexirs we can't help but have a sense of urge to protect the land and our clan from this." Jihyo coincided

 

 

"Wait if I remember correctly, the girl Mina's cousin is fighting with, she has the same vexus as Jeongyeon-unnie here, but why? I don't understand why they're fighting." Chaeyoung asked, brows furrowed.

 

 

"Yeah, I thought it's only the hunters who were plotting a rebellion against the Kingdom?" Mina asked a follow-up question.

 

 

Solar looked at them and saw that even Jieun is expecting an answer, she sighed before leaning in, "I guess the Sorcerers finally came out of their shells. You see, they may known to be violent in nature but after the Law of Contradiction was made, they were forced to hiding and living all on their own in their territory. It seems that the fight between Hunters and the Clans have been dragged too long that it destroyed the peaceful balance in Scorchcrest making the place cool down and struck a nerve to the Sorcerer Clan."

 

 

"So that's why they're participating in the war as an independent party." Jieun cursed under her breath, "Now this makes this war goes 2 ways."

 

 

Momo heaved a depressing sigh before turning to Jeongyeon, "I don't understand." She mouthed.

 

 

Nayeon did and because she does, she took her time to glance at Jeongyeon just right across her sest whose face expression is unreadable.

 

 

 

"What are you thinking, Yoo?" Nayeon thought

 

 

 

Yara massaged her forehead, "God this makes everything 3 times worse." 

 

 

"Now let's proceed to the base of our plan. We can't keep on moping here now that we have a world to save, right?" Solar flashed a smile and winked to the newly-added Vexirs on the list. 

 

 

Everyone of Dahyun's friend nodded with determination. They were already involved anyways and they can't just let a continent fall into chaos just because of some mess up clan.

 

"We can't build a plan if we don't know who we're fighting with. It's not everyone but Moonbyul, Hyejin and I managed to acquire their strong lead attackers' information." Solar snapped her fingers and the 10 scrolls hanging up in the air suddenly rolled down revealing pictures and words on it.

 

 

Seungri Montgomery; 3rd Born Clan: Hunter Position: X-Rank Vexir SS: Illusion

 

 

"That's him. He's the one who did his trick on me." Nayeon growled, gritting her teeth, annoyed at how he made her run in his palms.

 

 

"Well now at least we know how dangerous this guy is. Next time we can be wary of him." Chaeyoung said.

 

 

"Seungri, I see now. That's why I've been loyal to him for so long." Roku turned to Solar, "I'm afraid me coming back as a double agent won't work on Seungri."

 

 

"What, why??" Ashe asked, she was the one who suggested it earlier.

 

 

"Seungri was able to use Illusion on Nayeon-ssi back there. I know that he knew he already lost me back there. I may be under GD's spell but I was also under Seungri's illusion and he can only use that SS once on a person here in Earth." Roku explains.

 

 

"I understand now, so when Jeong beat you and got you out of your prison, he was already aware you've broke free from it." Momo uttered.

 

 

"Exactly."

 

 

"Well, at least now that's out of the way." Solar moved the scroll to the left and revealed the other one, "Let's proceed."

 

 

 

 

Chaerin Montgomery; 2nd Born (Deceased) Clan: Hunter Position: X-Rank Vexir SS: Gate 

 

 

 

"Dealing with CL's gate can be really troublesome especially during war. She can pull out and place in dozens of Hunters in just one snap. That's why I'm extending my gratitude to Ms. Myoui here for defeating her first beforehand." Solar stated.

 

 

Mina shook her head at this, "I still feel bad knowing I killed a person. Now I know what Nayeon-unnie and Momo feels. However I feel like we will still keep doing the inevitable, that's why…if there's a way to end things peacefully, we will settle to that but if it's putting the people around us in danger? Then they must prepare for what's about to rain on them."

 

 

Ashe, Yara and the twins felt shivers as Mina said that, it's crazy how some 3-5 month old vexirs can have this much aura in them that it made their seniors feel chills just by their intense resolves.

 

 

Solar lightly laughed at this, "Gosh, you really are Your Highness's friends, anyways…anyways, let's proceed." She said waving her hand.

 

 

 

Jiyong Montgomery; 1st Born Clan: Sorcerer/Hunter Position: Double X-Rank Vexir SS: Inextinguishable Fire // Pain 

 

 

"So he's a double SS Vexir. " Jiro said, scratching his chin.

 

 

"That's trouble." Yara pointed out.

 

 

"That's the guy! That's the guy who I saw before passing out." Chaeyoung yelled, pointing her hand at the picture.

 

 

"Aish, keep it down you fool. " Jeongyeon said and turned to Jieun, "He's also the guy who killed Dahyun's older brother, right?" 

 

 

"You're right. GD is the guy. He's the guy you stopped during that arson. He's also the guy who's going to be the next King if we won't move any time sooner and he's the guy who killed Nayeon in the past." Jieun shared and observed Jeongyeon's reaction.

 

 

Of course the short-haired Sorcerer didn't liked the information one bit. Jieun may not see it but she's sure Jeongyeon is somehow gritting her teeth as of the moment, eyes fiercely sliced through GD's picture.

 

 

"He should be the one we all should be really cautious of. If any of you encounters him alone, please don't engage in battle. No matter how much you think you're good enough to take him on, please don't, he may not look much in the first few minutes but remember, he managed to kill Prince Seokjin—History's strongest vexir— so I suggest, retreat before he can even activate his SS." Solar instructed.

 

 

"Solar's right, GD majors in Spells that even us Casters were not awared of. He's a genius in battle. Be careful not to run into him first." Jieun also said.

 

 

Jihyo stared at GD's picture, memorizing e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter