Chapter 19

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon was in her own little world with her earphones plucked in, blasting a song from one of IU's masterpieces. IU– Nayeon is the main reason why her music taste changed, the oldest was the biggest factor of it. She used to be so poppy, listening to BTS' Dark and Wild album on repeat, even banging her head everytime she has to but then Nayeon introduced her to a world of serenity, she's the Queen of Jazz afterall.

Jeongyeon kinda chuckled at that thought. God how she missed Nayeon's constant nagging and stuff. She was about to go home and write a full-page script of what's she's about to say to Nayeon tomorrow. Yeah, Yoo Jeongyeon is going to apologize but then she stopped in her tracks when she saw a familiar back just right beside the school's large oak tree. 

"Is that Nayeon?" She softly uttered to herself. 

She tiptoed closer, not wanting to be caught since it seemed that Nayeon was talking to someone. Jeongyeon hid in one of the bushes so that Nayeon wouldn't notice her. 

With this angle, Jeongyeon was able to hear them talking. 

"But, Nayeon I don't understand?" 

Jeongyeon frowned when she hesrd Jackson's voice. You know what? Discard the idea of that one whole freaking page, apology letter. She was about to go back to where she came from when she heard way Nayeon said to Jackson. 

"I'm so sorry Jackson-ssi. It's just that, there are so many things going on in my life right now and I don't have the time and strength to run a relationship. You're a good guy but I think we won't work." Nayeon straightforwardly said, not even stopping once as she did. 

It looks like she already made up her mind before talking to him. Jeongyeon didn't know why but she secretly pumped a fist at this, very much happy at what she just heard. 

"But we won't know unless we give it a go!" Jackson pursuades and Jeongyeon was pretty sure he almost broke the rock he's leaning on because of that. 

"Tsk why does that guy have to be so persistent, she said No then it's a NO!" Jeongyeon whisper-shouted to herself. 

"I told you, there's so much going on in my mind right now I can't have the time to engage on things like this. Please do understand, Jackson-ssi." Nayeon politely said this time. 

Jeongyeon was about to leave again knowing that her ears were well fed with the news but then a certain question from Jackson made her stop in her track the second time this day. 

"Do you like someone?" 

It was supposed to be a simple question answerable by yes or no but why is it that Jeongyeon's heart is beginning to tremble and starts to roar gradually? 

She clenched her shirt and leaned back on the rock. A part of her wants to hear the answer but being the coward herself, she turned her heels and stormed out of there. 

Minutes later, Nayeon saw Jeongyeon sitting on the bench just around the big oak tree's place. She was planning to just walk past by her when Jeongyeon grabbed her wrist, their marks accidentally touched and both of them jolt out of pain. 

"What the hell was that all about?!" Jeongyeon hissed. 

"You tell me! You were the one who grabbed my hand!" Nayeon retorts. 

Jeongyeon opened to argue back but immediately closed it afterwards as she remembered why she was here in the first place. 

"I'm sorry." It was brief but strong and Nayeon could feel her cheeks redden at the sincerity. 

"I'm sorry if I snapped at you. I'm just, just really frustrated that time and I–I'm really sorry, Buns." Nayeon can't help but break into a smile especially when Jeongyeon used the nickname that Jeongyeon herself made. 

Before, it used to be an insult for her but now it actually feels nice to Nayeon whenever she hears it coming out from Jeongyeon's mouth. 

"Heyy, It's okay. I understand Jeong." Nayeon softly said. 

"Thank you." Jeongyeon sighed in relief, her shoulders slumping as if a whole gigantic weight has been lifted now that they're okay. 

The two of them smiled at each other before starting to walk towards the school's gate. There was a comfortable silence and Jeongyeon opened the a bottle of water before slowly gulping it in but it didn't take long before he spit it out surprisingly after Nayeon broke the silence between them. 

"I dumped him." 

"Why...Why the hell would you do that?!" Jeongyeon was trying to be oblivious at the fact, diverting her gaze elsewhere. 

"It's because of this whole thing with the psychic powers and stuff." Nayeon explained, letting out a exasperated sigh as she did. 

'Oh' Jeongyeon was kinda glad that Nayeon was one of the chosen people that was bestowed upon and Jeongyeon had to scold herself for thinking it that way, she's such a bad friend sometimes. 

"Too bad for him then. I-I thought he was your the one." Jeongyeon snickered as she quoted on the air on the 'one' part. 

At least they're kinda back to normal now. 

Nayeon didn't hesitate to throw a hard punch on the latter's arm, "You fool, I also thought too but hey! People can make mistakes now can't they?" 

"Don't rush into things Nayeon, your sight is soo far already. You can't choose who you love nor choose who you want to love, it's this who gets to decides it." Jeongyeon sincerely said and patted her chest where her heart is located. 

Jeongyeon left the older girl stunned at the sudden 'message' or 'speech' whatever, as the tall short-haired girl continued to walk ahead of her. 

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon where the hell did you learned all of that?" Nayeon exclaimed. 

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter