Chapter 46

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Her Truth MINA's POV

 

I can't get over this unsettling feeling in the pit of my stomach. My precognition is getting weaker and blurrier then there's this throbbing pain in my head that I can't seem to heal no matter how many times I try. 

 

Still I shook these sensations away, I need to find Jihyo. I can't let her out of my range.

 

"Agh!" 

 

 

I stopped running and leaned on a wall when my head started throbbing again. Putting up those barriers just to divert the guards' sense of direction really took a toll on me. 

 

 

Things are getting bad, Dahyun still hasn't made contact, last time I checked through Momo, Chaeyoung is out of bounds and Nayeon-unnie was injured. It was a hard decision of choosing this path. I felt so stupid and selfish when in fact, Nayeon-unnie or maybe Dahyun needed me the most while I'm out here searching for Jihyo just because I'm worried as if I don't have faith in her.

 

 

She's Jihyo for pete's sake!

 

 

 

Plus she's with Nicha and...

 

 

 

"Rosé?" 

 

 

 

My eyes widened as I saw Rosé's body lying on the cold ground. The place looked messed up, a fight obviously took place here but why is Rosé here? Not to mention she's unconscious!

 

Despite my aching brain, I ran up to her and examined at her status. 

 

 

Poisioned. She got poisoned.

 

 

But it looked like she was healed...well, half healed. 

 

 

I hovered both of my hands on her, "To save is our creed, grant me the power I need." I muttered and slowly a light yellow glow appeared before me. 

 

I knew I was doing my job right when I saw Rosé's visage soften until she sudenly sat up, coughing. I once again lifted up my eyes and examined her status, she's stable now. However this is too far from releasing a sigh of relief. 

 

 

"Rosé, what are you doing here lying on the ground? And Jihyo? Where is she?" 

 

 

I'm pretty sure I lead them up to a clear path before I left my post so why, what on earth happened here? Nicha and Jihyo are nowhere to be seen right now.

 

 

"M-Mina?" Her voice is groggy, as if she just woke up from a deep sleep and seeing that she's trying to stand up, I immediately aided her.

 

 

"I..I don't quite recall but the last thing I remember is taking in a poisioned spear in my liquified form and..." She paused for a moment before her eyes widened as she lets her hand touch her left abdomen in horror, "Nicha..."

 

 

Nicha? What's with Nicha? 

 

 

I was about to ask her that but she turned to me and grabbed my wrist, "Jihyo and Nicha are fighting! Nicha's a traitor! I may of have fell unconscious but my hearing picked up at least that part after she healed me." 

 

 

How can I be so stupid! I let her teamed up with a traitor! That's why Rosé was not completely healed!

 

 

"This is bad Rosé, Jihyo should not be left alone—aghh!" 

 

 

I yelled when I felt a sharp pain shoot up to my head and I almost stumbled forward if it weren't for Rosé's water waves.

 

 

"Mina! Are you okay?"

 

 

I'm so frustrated right now. I don't think I am, "Yeah...yeah I'm fine." But I don't see any reason to tell it either. 

 

 

I need to find Jihyo. Fast.

 

 

"We need to find them." 

 

 

Rosé didn't need to be told twice as we already started running towards the other direction, simply following the broken walls and ground.

 

My heart is pounding so fast every step I make. When we arrived here in Hiraeth I was reminded back to my premonition when we were on our way to rescue Sana and Dahyun from the Claws. 

 

It was where we met the Code Alliance. During that premonition, I thought Jihyo and Tzuyu are going to die that's why I pushed Jihyo to team up with Layla who's the same with me, a healer, just in case something happens.

 

And I immediately ran up to Chungha and Tzuyu after hearing the situation from Yeunwoo. 

 

In the end Tzuyu and Jihyo was safe...but Layla died and I lost my ability to trigger a premonition. I just wait for it to happen and even prior to that, when we were still staying in Tzuyu's manor, I told her I pictured her confessing on a dreadful day because it was raining so hard and Jihyo was crying. It was heartbreaking because that scene alone made my heart ache.

 

However I thought it ended there but no, it played again but this time more details were added. Nayeon and Jeongyeon are carrying a raging Dahyun away from the scene, Sana's screaming and—

 

 

"Mina! Rosé!" 

 

 

We stopped in our tracks when we heard a familiar voice calling out to us.

 

 

"General!" 

 

 

It was the General along with Seulgi who's doing a fireman carry on someone. 

 

 

"Seulgi-unnie have you seen Nicha and Jihyo?" Rosé was the first one to approach them.

 

 

Instead of replying, Seulgi placed the unconscious person on the floor. It was Nicha! Tied up in strings but...but how?

 

 

"Nicha's here but where's Jihyo?" Seulgi-unnie must've seen the glint of worry in my eyes that she wasn't able to look directly, guilt plastered on hers.

 

 

"That's the problem, she just suddenly vanished. I swear I've been looking all over for her then I crossed paths with the General." She explained.

 

 

Oh no this is not good. This is so not good. I can feel my head throbbing again. As much as I know I shouldn't be underestimating Jihyo's abilities, it doesn't mean I'd also underestimate what the Hunters can do.

 

 

With that in mind, my feet started to move on its own, "I need to find Jihyo. I-It's hard to explain but I really need to make sure my friend is okay." 

 

 

I felt my voice cracking and I didn't care whether they heard it or not. Seulgi and Rosé looked at me, puzzled but also didn't questioned me about it.

 

 

"Then let's tell Momo to inform the others about it. A number greater than two is always better than one. This way we have more chances in finding Jihyo." It was the General and as much as I agree to her plan, I shook my head in disappointment.

 

 

"For some reason I can't hear her voice in my head anymore." I simply said which made me even more worried. 

 

 

First it's Jihyo and now thinking about it, there's also Momo.  

 

 

"Seulgi and Rosé, I need you to find the others. Specifically that craftsman named Chaeyoung. Tell her it's time to send the raven and tell everyone you meet along the way about our current situation, proceed with the plan at the same time conduct a search for Park Jihyo." I quickly turned to the General and listened to her speak. I can't help but get amazed at how the General immediately threw in a plan. 

 

 

No wonder she became Dahyun's Royal Adviser and personal guard. Her resilience is no joke. 

 

 

Seulgi nodded at the General's order. Seeking for Chaeyoung meant that something has gone wrong and it's time to send in the raven which would notify the remaining vexirs, especially the clan chiefs to engage in battle making it an all out war between Clans and Hunters. This was the Plan B that Dahyun came up with and I think it is indeed the proper time to call in for help considering also how Dahyun is missing and hasn't made any sort of contact.

 

 

"Mina and I will also search for Jihyo." 

 

 

The two nodded and proceeds to run towards the opposite direction while Nicha is placed securely in Rosé's water bubble.

 

 

We too are on the move but it seems that I was thinking too much that I didn't notice my tears streaming down my face until the General pointed it out. 

 

 

"Mina what's wrong?" She asked, not halting our steps.

 

 

Oh. I touched my face and felt the first tears I shed here in Hiraeth. 

 

 

 

"I'm such a bad friend. We should be prioritizing the rescue mission for Sana and Tzuyu plus Dahyun is still missing but here I am doubting Jihyo's capabilities." I poured out. 

 

 

There was no use in denying it. Not now when the situation is crucial to all of us. 

 

 

Surprisingly the General smiled, "Don't worry about Dahyun *he* is watching over her and for Sana and Tzuyu, I doubt the hunters will harm them or put them in a dangerous situation. They are, afterall, vital to their plans." 

 

 

The Sana and Tzuyu situation I agree but my brows furrowed when the General mentioned Dahyun. 

 

 

He?

 

 

Is there another vexir assigned to assist her?

 

 

"Who's he?" 

 

 

I can see a small smile formed on the General's face, "Seokjin. Her brother, the crowned Prince of Arvendon." 

 

 

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

Meanwhile in the preparation room just below the grand central which is located at the highest center of the castle, a panting brunette just arrived on its doorframe wearing a cold look on her beautiful face.

 

 

"Sana! My bride, what are you doing here? I know we're not in Earth so it's actually okay for us to see each other before the ceremony but can't you at least put a thrill on this?" A tall gorgeous figure stood up from the couch revealing her long fitting, star-lit dress which matched her complexion perfectly. 

 

 

Tzuyu looked amused rather than happy and it made Sana's stomach sick making her unable to hold the ability to shut up any further. 

 

 

She was not here to keep mum in the first place.

 

 

"Drop the acting Tzu! I got rid of your idiot of a brother's brainwashing chip. You can't fool me anymore." Sana hostilely stated. 

 

 

Who wouldn't get angry? There were many things Sana needed to straighten out and Tzuyu's mere presence is not helping her. So where the hell was she supposed to start? No to mention, she only have like a few minutes to talk to her before Tzuyu decides to report her to her brothers. 

 

 

Tzuyu's brow furrowed before it dropped back to an amused smile, this time a bit more taunting. 

 

 

"I see." Tzuyu roamed her eyes around the room, from the lavishly designed walls to the cieling painted with contrasting colour that gave it a warm touch before she averted her gaze back to Sana, "Dahyun's finally home huh?"

 

 

Sana's anger-filled face got instantly puzzled when Tzuyu said those, "Home? What do you mean home?"

 

 

Tzuyu on the other hand shot her an 'are-you-serious' look without erasing her smile, "Why are you..." Then she snapped her fingers as if she remembered something, oh-so casually, "Of course! I almost forgot! My bad. You didn't know it yet did you?" 

 

 

Bewildered, Sana still kept her chin up high as she faced the taiwanese girl she's pretty darn much familiar with.

 

 

"Quit beating around the bush Tzu! I need answers!" 

 

 

Sana didn't know about Dahyun and her being the righful owner of the throne they are about to take. The Celestial Mage was already in Hiraeth by the time Jihyo and the others learned the harsh truth. 

 

 

In just a blink of an eye, Tzuyu was already in front of her. Sana's breath hitched at that sudden move. A trace of faint black particles still visible just above Tzuyu's shoulder and then below. 

 

 

"Do you see that?" Sana followed Tzuyu's index finger which was pointing at a shining gold crown with real diamonds embedded in it.

 

 

Tzuyu lifted up her hand and seized Sana's chin to divert the older's gaze back to her soul-less eyes.

 

 

"That's hers."

 

 

It took a whole minute for Sana to let the words sink through her and once it did she pulled her hands to cover a gasp. 

 

 

"S-She's...."

 

 

"The crowned Princess of Arvendon." Tzuyu finished and turned around as she walked towards an abstract painting of battle ships, "And It's funny because she borrowed the Kim from the last of the King's vexus, Kim Barrier which protected Arvendon from foreign vexirs who wants to invade this sacred land of ours." She said, tapping the painting lightly with her nail.

 

 

"In other words, useless. The Kim Barrier protected none as can be seen in this revolutionary movement. History has its eyes on us!" 

 

 

Sana gritted her teeth, confounded at Tzuyu's behavior, "I..I don't understand. What lies are you spouting now Tzu? Can this just stop and listen to me for once!" 

 

 

"No!" Tzuyu roared and briskly walked back in front of her, "You listen to me Sana!"

 

 

The younger girl didn't used any honorifics and as much as Sana wanted to hear her raw name out from Tzuyu's lips, now was definitely not the kind of situation and tonality she preferred and that sent chills running down her spine. 

 

 

"I've always thought Dahyun and I are equals. We were both treated like dirt, she for not having a vexus source in her while me for not being a pure blooded Hunter that's maybe why we became friends." Tzuyu started and once again Sana is confused.

 

 

"Dirt? Vexus? Tzu I—"

 

 

"We're from here Sana! We're not earthlanders just like Nayeon-unnie and the rest! We're born and raised in Hiraeth, Me, Dahyun and You." Tzuyu snapped, veins popping out from her neck. 

 

 

That revelation made Sana's world freeze for a moment. She knew about her origin from General Solar's cave and knew about Tzuyu's during the confrontation back in Yokohama but never knew about Dahyun and hearing it now, it made a lot of sense why the Claws were after Dahyun the first time she was kidnapped. 

 

 

The pieces are fitting together and the questions she left hanging on the air are now answered. Dahyun is part of the Royal Family, maybe that's why GD and the others are so adamant in getting her killed while she's in her earthland state. 

 

 

Dahyun was defenseless, innocent and gullible. Dahyun didn't have any idea about it, did she? It would explain why Dahyun hasn't fought back ever since. 

 

 

Seeing as Sana wasn't able to respond, Tzuyu continued her rampage of words, "You're the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me Sana but when I woke up regaining my skill, I found out that even the most beautiful thing in your life can be taken away and that because it had to be Dahyun!"

 

 

That broke Sana's shocked eyes and was replaced with a look disbelief, "Dahyun's your best friend!" She spat back, not liking the way Tzuyu spoke of her.

 

 

"Exactly! And yet....you fell for her." Tzuyu's gaze softened and the anger that clouded her eyes faded into an orb filled with pain and suffering. 

 

 

Suddenly there was a lump in Sana's throat, all these time she was so annoyed at the fact that Tzuyu is putting on her tough persona but after she said that, Sana can't help but see the Tzuyu she knows of. 

 

 

Tzuyu looked vulnerable.

 

 

 

"Why? Unnie? What's wrong with me! Is it because I'm a hunter?! Is it because I'm coated in darkness? Is there something I should change for you to stay?" It was the first time in a while Sana heared Tzuyu's voice cracked.

 

 

"I'd do it all for you. Just so you won't fall for her but I guess I'm too late for that!" 

 

 

"You changed! It was hard for me at first because I wasn't used to it but I trusted you! Believe me when I say I tried! But dang it Tzu it's like stopping a tsunami! I can't help but hold on to this strange connection and weird feelings I have for Dahyun!" Sana had also snapped as her eyes started to water from the concealed feelings she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter