Chapter 44

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun never had so much sweat coming out from her forehead before. Her hands are getting clammy and her heart is pounding. Dahyun needed to be quick as she holds her breath every time she takes a step forward. 

 

 

 

Dahyun didn't knew how she did it but she managed to climb up through the staircase towards the floor where Sana's room was spotted earlier. 

 

 

 

 

It was a good thing Dahyun was familiar with the layout of the castle. It was not that complex to begin with. Needless to say, she felt nostalgic sneaking in. 

 

 

 

 

"Curses!" Dahyun muttered under her breath as she abruptly stopped and hid behind a huge vase when she heard voices nearing her.

 

 

 

 

She took a peek and saw a group of hunters patrolling, checking every nook and crook. It's going to be hard running past them without getting noticed. That's why Dahyun resorts to her back up plan. 

 

 

 

 

She hasn't done this before but watching american action films with Jihyo definitely paid off. 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun picked up a stone in her pocket and closed her eyes as she wished on it, "Please work." 

 

 

 

 

She then threw it as hard as she can towards the other side of the room and that caused a sound that grabbed the patrolling hunters' attention.

 

 

 

"What's that?"

 

 

 

"Must be an intruder!"

 

 

 

"Men, ready for battle!" 

 

 

 

And just that, Dahyun heard footsteps running towards the direction where she threw the rock at. The tofu wasted no time running through the corridors as far as she can from those patrols only to realize...she doesn't know what door Sana's in! There are so many doors available here. 

 

 

 

Dahyun quietly whined, "Why haven't I thought of that!" If only she can kick her self hard, she already did. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was only a split second that Dahyun lost focus making her trip and bump her head on the edge of a table. 

 

 

 

 

"What's that noise? Did you guys heard that?"

 

 

 

 

"Let's check it out."

 

 

 

 

Why are there so many of them? Dahyun should've considered that factor too before planning something like this. Footsteps are nearing once again and it'd look like Dahyun's done for but Dahyun pulled her feet and ran to the nearest door she can pull. 

 

 

 

"It's nothing you fool! You're just hearing things!"

 

 

 

"Yeah, it's impossible for an intruder to get in. Our Lord neutralized all the vexus air making all vexus aside from our miseris, void." 

 

 

 

"No one is crazy enough to fight without vexus."

 

 

 

"Right but still! Our Lord told us not to be complacent for rodents are still rodents." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun released a huge sigh of relief when the voices faded. Dahyun was glued to the door while her eyes are fixated on the floor that she did not notice an oh so familiar figure looking at her weirdly.

 

 

 

 

"What the hell are you doing in my room? You're supposed to be patrolling around the castle, making sure the coronation for my beloved will not get disrupted!" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun snapped her head towards the owner's voice and was met with a totally different aura but just by hearing her voice, Dahyun feel like crying.

 

 

 

"S-Sana..unnie." 

 

 

 

Of course anyone would mistook her as a Hunter guard considering how Dahyun doesn't have a clan, her battle suit color was plain and dull black. 

 

 

 

 

But Sana isn't just some anyone. Sana knew her. Sana should know her and yet she can't even recognize Dahyun's face. 

 

 

 

 

Sana was wearing an all black glittering dress with a very long slit on its side. She's not a brunette anymore, now it's her birthday hair. Not only that but Sana's eyes are different. 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun knew, there's no doubt, Sana's been brainwashed.

 

 

 

 

"Who the hell are you? Who gave you the permission to speak my name like that?" Sana's voice also grew cold and harsh. 

 

 

 

 

It's so different from the usual Sana. 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie, it's me Dahyun. Can't you remember me?" Dahyun asked as she took a step forward only for Sana to take a step backwards.

 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyun? Kim Dahyun?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was about to smile but then it vanished when Sana's expressiom changed "I see so you're the one who wants to separate me from Tzuyu."

 

 

 

 

"W-what?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana didn't answer her instead she took out a key which has the Leo sign in it and pointed it at Dahyun, "Leo's blade!" 

 

 

 

 

Sana slashed the key in the air sending off a quick light blade towards Dahyun's direction.

 

 

 

 

"Sana-unnie wait!—" 

 

 

 

 

However a miracle happened as it only went through Dahyun's body. Not even scathing her. 

 

 

 

 

"This must be joke! Why aren't you working you stupid key!" In Sana's rage she threw the key across the room. 

 

 

 

 

 

Now that hurt Dahyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

"S-Sana-unnie please listen to me! They're wrong about you. You're brainwashed!" 

 

 

 

 

Sana scoffed loudly, "Is that how you fight, Kim Dahyun? I would've called the guards by now and have you publicly executed but I wanted to have a little fun in torturing you first." 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun, thanks to her reflexes, was able to dodged Sana's first attack which instantly destroyed the red chair in half.

 

 

 

 

 

"Sana-unnie please stop this!" Dahyun begged as she rolled to her side.

 

 

 

 

 

Not listening, the celestial mage raised her left hand and several silver orbits instantly conjured in the air, attacking Dahyun with it. 

 

 

 

 

"Aghk!" Dahyun yelped as she dove right unto a jagged surface. 

 

 

 

Dahyun felt a dense liquid fall unto her nose from her forehead and as she wiped it off, just then she realized she was bleeding all along. It must be from when she tripped and fell on the edge of a table. 

 

 

 

Again, she lost focus for a split second giving Sana the chance to attack her.

 

 

 

 

"Agh—mmhghmh!" 

 

 

 

 

Sana not only incanted silver strings to hold dahyun down, she also covered Dahyun's mouth using her own hand while the other hand is gripping on a silver ancient sword pointing at Dahyun's neck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't want you getting caught yet. Unfortunately for you, I wanted to be the one to deliver your last blow." Sana stated, smiling sweetly but her tears are falling and her hands are shaking.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun can't help but wonder, just how did they remold Sana into this psychopath. Dahyun thinks she can't ever forgive them for doing something hideous like this. 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly Dahyun stopped struggling which made Sana subconsciously let go. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then Dahyun started chuckling which weirded the celestial mage out, "Why are you laughing!" 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you crying?" Dahyun spat back, smiling despite the blood dripping off from her forehead. 

 

 

 

 

Sana was taken a back and somehow, seeing Dahyun like this made her heart clench. She's starting to dislike what she was seeing that's why she ought to finish Dahyun in one blow. 

 

 

 

 

"I said stop laughi—!"

 

 

 

 

However 4 words were able to stop her from doing so. 

 

 

 

 

"I believe in you." 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun, who's wrapped in silver burning strings with a bruised back and wounded forehead, managed to say it as if she was fine. Smiling as if everything will turn out alright. Needless to say, she meant it with her whole heart poured out. 

 

 

 

 

 

Slowly, Sana withdraws the sword. Tears can still be seen trickling down her cheeks. Dahyun's eyes never left hers that's why the tofu's muscles relaxed when she saw how Sana's eyes glitched back to its original color. 

 

 

 

 

 

"D-Dahyun?" 

 

 

 

 

 

Now that's the voice Dahyun loved. 

 

 

 

 

A small toothy smile formed on Dahyun's face as response before she leaned unto the bed edge.

 

 

 

 

"Oh my god, Dahyun!" 

 

 

 

 

Sana threw away the sword and ran back to Dahyun. 

 

 

 

"You're hurt! This is all my fault. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I—I didn't intend to hurt you please, please believe me." Sana cries as she held Dahyun by her nape and roamed her eyes seaeching for any other wounds even ytough her tears are blurring her sight. 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun caught Sana's hand and made her look at her in the eyes, "As I told you before, I believe you Sana." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana melted at that, those words are what fueled her in doing her best for the past months, especially since Dahyun was there and hearing it again, in this type of time, is what Sana needed the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should've fought back Dahyun!" Sana yelled, frustrated. 

 

 

 

 

 

"You know I can't do that." 

 

 

 

 

 

It was in the way that Dahyun said it. Sana felt guilty. She knows she don't deserve the tofu but she can't help but be selfish. Dahyun completes her and there's no denying it.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm bad for you." Sana let out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're not the one who's going to decide for that." 

 

 

 

 

 

Tears are still streaming down Sana's eyes as she moved Dahyun's baby hairs away from her bleeding forehead. It aches her to see Dahyun like this but what pains her more is how Dahyun acts as if Sana wasn't going to harm her earlier. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I almost killed you!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"But you didn't." 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was calm. Countering Sana's claims with a smile and that frustrated the celestial mage even more. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why can't you get mad at me?! Look! I'm a villain now! And despite everything strange I feel around you...just damn it all! Why didn't I met you first?!" Sana abruptly pulled away running her hands through her hair, clutching it as she broke down once more. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun frowned thinking that maybe if she didn't got lost in that suburbs and got drowned on Sana's eyes then maybe this wouldn't of have happened. She wouldn't of had broken the bond between two amazing people, two important people in her life. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She can still remember that conversation she had with Chaeyoung months ago and a while ago, Dahyun is making things worse by not batting an eye on the main issue at hand and also by being a coward to what she really, truly, honestly feel. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And so to stop Sana's frustration and Dahyun's confusion, the tofu did the first ever boldest thing she ever did and that is capturing Sana's lips on her own. 

 

 

 

 

 

The celestial mage was too shocked to even comprehend what has transpired. Her brain stopped working and she can feel her mind calming down, fading out to a clear answer and when Sana felt Dahyun's lips separating, her large hands pulled the tofu back and kissed her for real. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was rush but sweet, both wanted it for it worked like a remedy. The two are satisfied and Dahyun felt relieved as she gave in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When both needed air, they slowly broke it. Foreheads against each other, Dahyun wiped Sana's tears and kissed her cheeks before leaning out completely. 

 

 

 

 

"I got my answer, I believe you got yours." The tofu said and it's impossible to believe Dahyun can have this kind of side considering how dorky, childish and cute she was back there in Earthland. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana nodded, "I do." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun smiled and held her hand, "I stand by what I said."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I—"

 

 

 

 

 

"Unnie don't. You can tell me that later. I think I don't want to hear it yet, not until we retrieve Tzuyu." 

 

 

 

 

 

And just by the mention of that name the two had a silent agreement to set aside their feelings for now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"First, let me get you out of here. Do you know where Tzuyu might be? We still need to figure out a way for vexus to normally work. Is there—"

 

 

 

 

Dahyun stopped when Sana halted before they can even get to the door. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then Sana shook her head, "No. I'll be the one to talk to Tzuyu. This is my mistake and this is our problem—"

 

 

 

 

 

"But she's my friend!"

 

 

 

 

"—I'm the only one who can do this! Dahyun please let me fix my own mess. You've already done enough." 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was about to argue when Sana squeezed her hand and that's when Dahyun understood. No person can snap Tzuyu out of her mind other than Sana herself.

 

 

 

 

 

That's why the tofu hesitantly nodded, she's still a bit skeptical but she chose to believe in Sana instead, as she's always been. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana took a deep breath and closed her eyes as if remembering something, "It's a good thing my memory is still intact even though I'm under Seungri's spell. They are using what they call, GD's orb to nullify the surrounding vexus leaving only Miseris to activate. It's located at the very top of this Castle—"

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm on it." 

 

 

 

 

 

"—Dahyun wait!" 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun exhaled and gave Sana a reassuring smile, "Unnie I can do this. It's the least I can."

 

 

 

 

 

"I know you can. I just want to say be careful." 

 

 

 

 

 

Sana's brown orbs radiates warmth and Dahyun knew how much she likes staring at those kind eyes. It's like Nayeon's but warmer. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll come back." 

 

 

 

 

"You better."

 

 

 

And with that the two went on their separate ways. 

 

 

 

Unlike before, Dahyun got out easily but she knew it's because of how good Sana is acting. Pretending she's still brainwashed, Sana cleared out the way for Dahyun and that helped out a lot. 

 

 

 

 

 

But what Dahyun did not expect was to see Jieun crucified on a wall, struggling as jagged wooden branches pierced unto her body. Dahyun then noticed the holes and broken furnitures everywhere. 

 

 

 

 

The tofu concluded, it was a one-sided match.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jieun-unnie!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun didn't know why, despite shaking on her boots, her feet ran on its own and jumped in between before the attack launched can even hit the General. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It hit Dahyun instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"D-Dahyun!"

 

 

 

 

 

The tofu's body fell on the floor with a loud scream of pain before her body started shaking vigorously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tut, tut, tut. Now where did this little mouse came from? Well, no matter. She's going to have a good night sleep." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a good thing those branches didn't last long in her body. Vexus may not function externally but Jieun is a citizen of Arvendon, a pure Vexir with vexus running along in her system. 

 

 

 

 

 

Though bleeding, she crawled to Dahyun and attempted to touch her only for an explosion to occur in between them. 

 

 

 

 

"AH!"

 

 

 

 

 

The woman responsible for all of this laughed, almost maniacally, amused to see the two suffering. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyuna! What did you do to her?!" 

 

 

 

 

 

The woman named Hyuna placed a finger under her chin, acting cute, "Hmmmm I don't know. She's just going to have an insane nightmare. Guilt, fear, anxiety—Ha! You name it!"

 

 

 

 

Blowing Jieun across the room did something good as a Knight's sword can be seen on the ground just centimeters away from her and she wasted no time grabbing it. 

 

 

 

 

 

"A sword? Cute!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"You are so going to pay." 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun gritted her teeth as she lunged forward, straightly towards where Hyuna is and when Hyuna fired a large boulder, Jieun was able to smoothly dodged it and threw the sword towards the surprised Craftsman. 

 

 

 

 

"You're not going to get me with that!" Hyuna did not became a Leader if she wasn't strong or clever. 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyuna was able to block the sword as she lifted her hand, making the ground block the attack.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter