Chapter 43

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Stealth Mission

 

In a small room provided by the Ninja Clan in their quarters, an anxious Dahyun has been pacing back and forth for almost 5 minutes now, because no matter how hard she tried to sit still and relax, she just couldn't. Ever since they arrived in Hiraeth, there's this monster in the pit of her stomach, wanting to do something and she's not exactly sure what it is. Then there's this voice that keeps calling out to her. 

 

 

 

It's getting stronger, louder and louder—

 

 

 

"Dahyun."

 

 

 

"WHAT?!" She snapped.

 

 

 

Both were shocked at what has transpired. Dahyun was breathing heavily and as soon as she met Jihyo's warmed gaze, she softened and relaxed. Dahyun released a shaky sigh of relief the moment Jihyo's arms encircled around her.

 

 

 

Pathetic. That's what Dahyun is thinking as of the moment.  She felt ashamed for feeling vulnerable when she should be pulling herself together and working with others to find and save Sana and Tzuyu but here she is, in front of her best friend, as weak as she can be. 

 

 

 

Dahyun bit her lips from quivering, "I'm sorry Ji, I'm so so sorry I swear I didn't mean it and I—I think I'm going crazy." 

 

 

 

"Aren't you already?" Jihyo retorts, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

 

 

 

Dahyun, cracked a small smile as she leaned back a bit and wiped her tears before pinching Jihyo's side, making her show her infamous gummy smile. Now Jihyo's arms are loosely clinged around Dahyun's neck while the tofu's hand seems to have stayed on her waist a bit longer. 

 

 

 

It felt right. Whatever they're radiating to each other that time, felt right.

 

 

 

"Ji, I'm serious. I really am going crazy right now." Dahyun stated again in a more serious manner. 

 

 

 

Still the smile on Jihyo's face didn't fade or falter a bit instead she said, "Then let me accompany you." 

 

 

 

With that, Dahyun can't stop her brows from furrowing as soon as she heard that. Dahyun was about to ask her best friend if she's crazy but that might prove the point Jihyo's trying to make. 

 

 

 

"Dahyun, we've been together for almost 8 years already but only in these past few months was I able to know more about you. Ever since you were taken away from us, I began to despise the idea of being separated away from you. That's why, whatever it might be, as long as I can guarantee your safety, I will accompany you, for always." 

 

 

 

....for always."

 

 

 

Dahyun heard an overlay of similar and yet familiar voice on top of Jihyo's when she spoke the last two words. It seemed as if it was a more matured-rich tone of the thomas' but Dahyun shrugged it off almost immediately. 

 

 

 

"Jihyo, do you think I'm a bad person for ruining Tzuyu's relationship? She did nothing but support me in every single thing yet I can't even go to at least one of her night sport." The tofu asked, biting her lower lip once again to stop herself from crying.

 

 

 

"What? No, no why would you even think that?" Jihyo immediately said, cupping Dahyun's cheeks as she looked into her monolid troubled eyes that is fiixated on the ground.

 

 

 

Then Dahyun's eyes flickered up to meet hers. 

 

 

 

"Before Sana-unnie lost her consciousness, Tzuyu appeared before us. It seems that she can read minds and thought that Sana-unnie.... Sana-unnie..." Dahyun stammered.

 

 

 

Jihyo was smart enough to understand what Dahyun was implying. It was not impossible not to fall for Dahyun, she can testify to it but the thing is, Sana is currently in a relationship. A relationship, as Jihyo would describe as dying. Tzuyu was so immersed in her new found prowess that she almost forgot about her own girlfriend and Sana, got preoccupied in knowing Dahyun even more. 

 

 

 

Jihyo thinks that was the trap, the 'getting to know Dahyun' part. 

 

 

 

Now that Sana and Tzuyu's relationship is falling, Dahyun can't help but blame herself although she was more than shocked to learn about Sana's thoughts during that time, she can't help but think of Tzuyu and how her best buddy must've felt.

 

 

 

"W-what did Sana said?" 

 

 

 

Jihyo can feel the tension rising as she asked it, after all it's a question that will clarify what Sana really feels for the younger girl. Even Dahyun hesitated saying it. 

 

 

 

There was an eerie silence that took place before Dahyun finally spoke it out softly.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry. She kept repeating she's sorry." 

 

 

 

With this, Jihyo closed her eyes as she realized how complicated the situation really is and her hands which were resting on Dahyun's cheeks, froze momentarily. 

 

 

 

"I...did not meant for this to happen." Dahyun whispered as a tear fell down. 

 

 

 

Jihyo wiped it off and brought their foreheads closer, "Dahyun, it's not your fault. You two were just victims of wrong timing." 

 

 

 

"We shouldn't be! Look Ji, I love Sana-unnie but I love my best bud more! I can't dare hurt her! She misunderstood Sana-unnie." 

 

 

 

I love Sana-unnie.

 

 

 

The confession rolled so smoothly out of Dahyun's mouth that it did not even gave Jihyo a warning as a pang in her chest was felt. It was indeed Sana but Jihyo understands where Dahyun is coming from. Dahyun was always so selfless, putting others first before herself is so like her that's why when Dahyun said her love for her best bud is stronger than her own feelings for Sana, it didn't surprised Jihyo at all.

 

 

 

"Wait what do you mean by misunder—"

 

 

 

It was too late to ask Dahyun about it when a knock was heard on the door with Roku's head peering out from it. 

 

 

 

"Are you all dressed?"

 

 

 

Yes. Jihyo remembered they were only given a brusque time to change their clothings and now they should present themselves in front of the entire Resistance. 

 

 

 

Jihyo looked at Dahyun one more time and saw her horrified visage as if she realized something. Jihyo was about to ask her what's wrong but it disappeared as fast as it appeared on Dahyun's face. 

 

 

 

"Let's go unnie." 

 

 

 

The two arrived in an enlarged miting de avance room filled with ancient signings and intricate designs. The two arrived in the place where almost everyone was already there. Nayeon and Chaeyoung are still standing in the sideway and when they saw the tofu they immediately walked towards her. 

 

 

 

"Baby, are you okay? Do you feel anything strange?" 

 

 

 

"Dubs, is your arm okay?" 

 

 

 

Dahyun examined her arm that was hurt earlier, it didn't have any bruise in it. It wasn't that serious and if it was, Mina's there to heal her so the tofu didn't really get what's the big fuss about. 

 

 

 

"I'm okay, seriously you asked me that four times now." Dahyun released a soft but tired chuckle giving Chaeyoung and Dahyun's adoptive parent a sense of relief. 

 

 

 

"Yeah, sorry I know I shouldn't be asking that considering Jihyo's with you." Nayeon stated and pinched Dahyun's chin lightly.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung just stared at her, a meaningful stare that only Dahyun seems to understand.

 

 

 

Speaking of stares, Dahyun noticed Chaeyoung wasn't the only one looking at her. Just behind Chaeyoung and Nayeon are a group of intimidating Vexirs along with their subordinates.

 

 

 

"Dahyun was specifically mentioned in the letter General Solar sent through Hwasa's wooden bird." Roku answered. 

 

 

 

The question was evident in Jihyo's face. Together they walked towards the empty spaces provided for them. Ashe, who's seated  along the blue chairs, gave them a reassuring smile. Then it just struck to Dahyun how all of them were classified by clans and how she didn't have any chairs to sit on. 

 

 

 

"Peculiar! The General asked us to protect this person and yet she doesn't even belong to any of the clans!" A guy in an orange and brown battle suit with his hair tied up in a bun started.

 

 

 

"Jungkook, the meeting isn't starting yet. The host hasn't given us the permission to speak." A clean-cut man wearing the same color scheme suit with bonsais growing on his shoulders reprimanded the man named Jungkook.

 

 

 

"But Namjoon, Jungkook is right! Having no clan is like impossible here in Hiraeth. How is she even breathing right now?" A girl with blonde hair wearing shiny armors said this time. 

 

 

 

"Wendy." It only took a mention of her name from a vexir with ice-cold features for her to shut up. 

 

 

 

"Since she doesn't belong to any of the clans, it's only right for her to remain standing. Why should we argue about this when there's still a much bigger problem to resolve?" A guy, which was surely familiar to the earthlings suggested. 

 

 

 

A sound of chairs simultaneously dragged was heard and Jiro, Chaeyoung, Yara, Momo, Roku and Jihyo are already standing up. 

 

 

 

"Then she can have my chair." All of them said and the Chief of the Ninja Clan, who's going to host the meeting, Kim Taeyeon was taken a back at it. 

 

 

 

"If she's that important then she can have the Ninja's aerial sitting." Taeyeon said and with only a snap of her fingers another green chair appeared beside her. 

 

 

 

Dahyun was hesitant to sit but Jihyo's encouraging gaze helped her through it. The tofu was already saddened that they had to fight over it. Again, she caused trouble. 

 

 

 

Suddenly the doors opened and Jieun appeared looking amazing in her blue and white battle suit both Nayeon and Jungkook had their jaws open at how beautiful Dahyun's Royal Adviser/General. 

 

 

 

"Let's start." Jieun announced which confused the vexirs involved. 

 

 

 

"Pardon? Who the hell are you to decide wether or not we should start the meeting?" A  girl from Mina's clan questioned.

 

 

 

"I'm your host for today." Jieun simply said and sat on an empty blue chair. 

 

 

 

"What?! But I thought the Chief is handling the meeting today?" A young man with defined muscles, hair slick-ed back, reacted.

 

 

 

"Hyojong, be respectful. General IU is kind enough to lead this meeting. See it as a great opportunity to even be in her presence." Taeyeon spat back to him. 

 

 

 

If they were eating, surely they've already dropped their utensils hearing a legendary name come out of Chief Taeyeon's mouth. 

 

 

 

"A-Am I hearing it right? She...she's General IU?" A cute cabbage-haired vexir from Mina's clan was clearly surprised at the sudden revelation. 

 

 

 

"But...it can't be! It's been more than 25,000 years!" Another vexir from the Swordsmen Clan reacted. 

 

 

 

Small murmurs of amazement emerged but it was soon shut down when Jieun slammed her hand on the table, activating the network of capillaries embedded in the table and glowed brightly according to their clan color.

 

 

 

They had no choice but to formally open the Miting de Avance. 

 

 

 

Mina's clan was the first to recite their chant since they're the ones who were on the right sight of the host and so all of them stood up revealing a bright yellow diamond floating on top of their palms.

 

 

 

"For generations we lead, to heal is our creed. We,

 

Archpriestess of the East, Nicha

 

Archpriest of the North, Park Jimin

 

Choi Beomgyu of Northeast under Archpriest Jimin 

 

Choi Jisu of Northwest under Archpriest Jimin

 

Archpriest of the West, Yoon Jeonghan

 

Archpriestess of the South, Kim Yewon

 

 

 

and then there was that intimidating gaze that bore a hole into Mina's soul as she was the next in the chair. 

 

 

 

M-Myoui Mina of Earthland

 

And Chief of Clan, Lee Changmin...

 

..WILL HUMBLY REPRESENT OUR CLAN, SHAMANS."

 

 

 

Then their marks glowed so bright it almost blinded Dahyun fortunately it only lasted for a few seconds before Chaeyoung and her line stood up and extended a fist towards the center.

 

 

 

"Grab the clutch and feel the power...

 

Master Builder I Jeon Jungkook

 

Master Builder IV Oh Sehun

 

Lee Chungha

 

Fujishima Roku

 

Son Chaeyoung of Earthland

 

And Chief of the Clan, Kim Namjoon...

 

…OF THE CRAFTSMEN CLAN." 

 

 

 

Dahyun didn't failed to notice the fresh vexus energy being diffused into the air. Jihyo's clan was up next and all of them were girls except for Yuta. 

 

 

 

"Kill. Protect. Save...

 

Sgt. Shon Seungwan

 

Sgt. Kim Yerim

 

Hazukawa Hiyari

 

Hazukawa Yuta

 

 

 

Again, Jihyo was smart enough not to chant her position and so she went along with the others and simply stated her name.

 

 

 

Park Jihyo of Earthland

 

And Chief of the Clan, Bae Joohyun..

 

..SWORDSMEN AT YOUR SERVICE." 

 

 

 

They ended with a fist over their hearts.

 

 

 

Next up was  the Ninja Clan where they extended out their middle and index finger towards the center. 

 

 

 

"As swift as wind! In air, we prosper..

 

Kim Taehyung Division 6 Captain

 

Choi Yeunjun of Division 6 

 

Kim Minseok Division 3 Captain 

 

Na Jaemin of Division 3

 

Park Jinyoung Division 2 Captain

 

Yang Jeongin of Division 2

 

Kim Hyojong Division 8 Captain

 

Sakamoto Jiro

 

Sakamoto Hiro

 

Hirai Momo of Earthland

 

And Chief of Clan, Kim Taeyeon...

 

 

....REPRESENTING THE NINJA CLAN." 

 

 

 

Dahyun, by now, was quite amazed with the chants and formal start-up of the meeting. She was most especially astounded seeing her friends take part of it. After all, she wasn't able to join the first formal Miting de Avance. 

 

 

 

Last but not the least, the Host's clan where wands are pointed up high as they chant:

 

 

 

"Progress through wisdom, conquered by none. I….

 

Marquis de Kang Taehyun

 

Marquisa de Kang Hyewon

 

Marquisa de Park Rosè

 

Ashe Freyar

 

Suzy, the Chief looked at her when she heard her surname. Freyar, how can Suzy forget the previous chiefs names. Antor Freyar lived for almost 300 years before Suzy's predecessor took the chair. It wasn't weird for them to live longer than humans, it's just that Vexirs has a different run and concept of time.

 

Im Nayeon of Earthland

 

Chief of Clan, Bae Suzy.

 

 

 

Last Annointed General and Former Royal Adviser, Lee Jieun as host of this sacred meeting..

 

 

...WILL REPRESENT THE CASTER CLAN." 

 

 

 

The formal introduction ended with all their marks glowing. They settled in their seats before Jieun straight-up told them the reason why she and earthlings are here. Explaining the main idea of the tragedies that happened in the parallel world, Earth but of course being careful not to spill anything unnecessary since Dahyun is there.

 

 

 

She told them about the ordeal with the Montgomery Siblings in Earth, also how Ashe and the others got in by her very last ounce of mage prowess. 

 

 

 

Jieun was explaining and Dahyun was also intently listening.

 

 

 

After Jieun ended her narration, Jungkook, who's running a thumb under his chin turned to look at Dahyun. Chaeyoung was ready to jump at him if ever he makes another jab at Dahyun. 

 

 

 

"I see now. So for some reasons, you are Sana-ssi's spirit capable of reversing the call of a spirit to get to the world where she's in that's why General Solar asked us to prote....is General Solar even true? I thought she's just a myth." Jungkook turned to his Chief who released a deep sigh before answering his question.

 

 

 

"Yes she is true and it is understandable why you—we are having a hard time believing it. We are war babies and we didn't grow up with the leisure of learning our history. Safe to say, we can't remember what 'normal' looks like anymore." Namjoon, The Craftsmen's Chief said.

 

 

 

"War babies? What do you mean war babies?" Nayeon asked, intrigued.

 

 

 

"War babies. Well after CL trapped 85% of each clan's population, the number of foghters decreased that's why the Casters implemented a temporary rule that as early as 7 years old, the child vexir should be capable of fighting as reserved fighters in case emergencies happen." East Archpriestess, Rose answered.

 

 

 

"That's absurd! A child shouldn't be robbed of off their childhood! That's just... that's against human laws." Chaeyoung interjects. 

 

 

 

This issue would always touch the cub for she was imprisoned in her own home for more than 7 years before the child welfare department rescued her.

 

 

 

"Well guess what? We're not humans shorty and it's a situation we had to face with no choice at all." The guy who fetched them earlier, Shuu, said. 

 

 

 

"So we must protect her because she's the key in finding that Sana girl?" Irene, Chief of the Swordsmen Clan asked.

 

 

 

"Yes you're right." Jieun clarified.

 

 

 

"And that Celestial Mage is important because?" 

 

 

 

"Nicha, remember what I told you about how the monarchy works?" Changmin, the Chief of Shamans answered with another question.

 

 

 

"Aside from the fact that wherever Sana-ssi may be the Montgomery siblings are more likely to be there too, she is also the key for GD to rule Arvendon, our kingdom." Taeyeon, Chief of Ninjas, said.

 

 

 

"A Celestial Mage's blessing." 

 

 

 

"But based from what you said, GD doesn't have any blood of a royal to be a King." Taehyung, Division 6 Captain asked.

 

 

 

"You're right but it's not GD who will be crowned first." Jieun turned to Dahyun and the rest of her guardians.

 

 

 

"It's the youngest Montgomery who is the cousin to the throne."

 

 

 

It was Tzuyu. Everyone got silent after that, understanding how the coronation will take place. It was actually simple, Tzuyu will get Sana's blessing to the throne and once she is crowned queen, she can have access to Arvendon's rules and twist it to make GD king. 

 

 

 

"That's why there is no attack today." Buildster IV, Oh Sehun muttered.

 

 

 

"They're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter