Chapter 40

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Present time

 

The look of the group's face cannot be painted as Jieun was narrating what really happened 25, 000 years ago or more like 25 years ago. The guild members suddenly felt shameful of their unfair treatment towards Dahyun, they had no idea at all. It was a total shocker. Chaeyoung had her jaw dropped the whole time and Jihyo had mixed emotions with everything, she can't believe she shared her years with a Royal Blood that came from another world.

 

 

"I-I..wow." Yara was the first one to breathe.

 

 

"So you don't have a blood of a mage then? You were a housevessel?" Jiro grew up in a traditional Ninja family along with his twin brother, stories about past heroes were often told as a way of inspiration while the war spiraled the country and to know that one of those heroes is actually just a housevessel is just mind-blowing.

 

 

"It still doesn't makes her less powerful though." Hiro stated and looked at Jieun, "You're such a powerful apprentice and General Candidate. Everyone was waiting for your anointment but then....that tragedy happened." He looked away, closing his eyes as his head starts to hurt from all these information sinking into him.

 

 

"It all makes sense now.." Jeongyeon muttered which turned the attention to her.

 

 

 

"You were that mean girl who made me take a different route just because you're sweeping your front area! In a little time, I hated you for that." Jeongyeon grimaced, thinking back at it, the Sorcerer was still glad she was able to make it on time and yelled out before GD and his goons can even climb up the  second floor.

 

 

 

Jieun released a chuckle at this, "I'm sorry about that."

 

 

"But still, Authority? I've read about it, it's a really powerful vexus, General. It could end the war but why did the Princess chose to discard it?" Ashe asked, glancing at the unconscious form of the Last Royal Blood that could end the pitiful war between the clans and hunters.

 

 

Dahyun could've easily ended their lives, she could've easily swept away any attack coming in her way but why, just why would the Princess go through such trouble to settle things between the Hunters?

 

 

"Authority is something Your Highness has been avoiding. She didn't want the idea of having someone beside her just because she had authority over them. She didn't want anyone's liberty to be restricted. I think that's the kind of ruler she is." Jieun explained, smiling to herself as she recalled how kind hearted Dahyun is.

 

 

"You're lying. This is a joke right? Come on cut the scene! Bring out the cameras!" Chaeyoung frustratingly yelled.

 

 

"Chae.." Mina placed a hand over her shoulder.

 

 

"NO! This woman right here is talking nonsense about my best friend being a 25,000 year old Royalty from another world. Everything is already insane and yet...AAAAGHH!" Chaeyoung can't help but pull her hair and punch the wall real hard making it crack.

 

 

Everyone was silent, watching Chaeyoung cope with the information that has just been given.

 

 

 

"Chae, it's been a crazy ride but just think about it! It all makes sense! They wanted Dahyun all these time. It explains why CL hated her so much that she tarnished her name in front of Layla that night. CL called her the Death Eagle, at first it didn't make any sense to me because I know Dahyun isn't the type to kill a human being just like that but then...this..this is the puzze piece I needed to complete the picture." Jihyo blurts out.

 

 

The thomas didn't want to cry, she wanted to be strong, for Dahyun and now especially that she knew she's her chosen Knight but she just couldn't help but feel sad for all the things Dahyun and Tzuyu went through. She just wished she could've known about this sooner.

 

 

"What do you mean by that Jihyo." Yara asked, gaze fixated on her.

 

 

 

"I knew. I overheard CL and Layla's conversation. It was always Dahyun. I didn't told you because I didn't know what would happen to her if I did. I failed to trust anyone at that time and thought it was better for me to keep it in me." Jihyo answered, diverting her gaze away from them. She couldn't help it. Dahyun is too precious for her.

 

 

What Jihyo said got the guild members thinking, sure they'll still protect Dahyun from the Claw whatever the reason is but if they knew about her famous alter ego that was rumored badly back in Hiraeth, Ashe would've gave Dahyun in after gathering enough evidences to prove that she is indeed Death Eagle.

 

 

"Then how about us?! Why didn't you tell us? I thought we're supposed to be in this together!" Jeongyeon stood up and faced Jihyo, Momo had to pull her back because of how furious Jeongyeon is.

 

 

Jeongyeon's feelings are valid. She was practically the first one to save Dahyun from trouble and now that she had seen the child grow, she can't help but see her as a very important family member to protect. No one can blame her, not now, not after she knew how dirty the Claws has been playing, making Dahyun's life miserable.

 

 

"I'm sorry Jeong. I'm so, sorry. I only want what's best for her." Jihyo closed her eyes and breathed, the thomas knew she deserved this, especially from Jeongyeon who cared a lot for the younger one.

 

 

"What's best for her?! You always decide that Ji, always! You don't need to carry this responsibility alone. You may be the past general but you're still part of the Guardians that will protect Dahyun and there's 7 of us for that Ji! 7!" Jeongyeon inhaled sharply and turned around, running her palms over her face.

 

 

"Guys please, this is not the time to fight." Mina softly said, looking back and forth between Jeongyeon and Jihyo.

 

 

 

"I feel so ashamed rejecting these gifts at first when I received them. I thought this was some sort of curse, Dahyun made me realize how something scary as this can be turned into something wonderful. Now looking back at it, I'm more than happy to embrace this knowing that these are all for the purpose of protecting her." Nayeon croaked. She was actually crying the whole duration, feeling even guiltier of hurting Dahyun.

 

 

"I know you all are confused right now and some of you might be doubting me. I could give you evidences all day but Mina is right. This is not the time for these things. For blames and regrets, this is the time to fight. So please, just trust me." Jieun stated, looking at each one of them in their eyes.

 

 

Jieun was deadly serious. This kind of matter isn't something to be taken lightly in the first place. The fate of them 9 girls depends on what they do next and things just escalated so quickly: they lost two of their friends to the other side and found out that one is a royal blood who's capable of great things, that same person who finds trouble all the time, their cute maknae and a caring unnie to the other two. It was too much for them.

 

 

Mina stared at Dahyun's sleeping form, all the questions in her head were answered in one go and for her, it was too much to take in but one thing is for sure: If what Jieun  She will happily die for Dahyun once again. Mirae and her might be the exact image as one another but she will make sure she would fight harder this time.

 

 

 

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Levi?" Mina asked.

 

 

 

Jieun turned to Solar at this who quite knew what had transpired in Hiraeth after the crossing over, "Exodus Leviathan, after it got closed out from the portal of the gate realm, was captured by the Craftsmen and Sorcerers. It was sold auction to auction until it was chained in the deepest part of Hiraeth due to its dangerous capabilities. I'm pretty sure Jin's soul was depressed without his sister's presence that's why it has gone berserk.”

 

 

"So the empty slot in Dahyun's scroll, was actually Authority?" Mina asked again.

 

 

Solar shaked her head at this, "No, it was her SS: Zero. You see my scroll is would be perfect asie from the fact that it can't detect chosen Royals."

 

 

Mina was speechless at this, at everything.  Dahyun is not a citizen here in Earth and they were supposed to guard her here but what has happened? They failed.

 

 

"I hope all of this is just a stupid nightmare, believe me I really do. I just want to skip back to the times wherein things like these didn't exist in our vocabulary. To the time where we are all still so happy and innocent but we all know that's not gonna happen. We already went this far and Dahyun might be the Princess of Hiraeth but at the end of the day she's still the Dahyun we knew." Jihyo softly spoke as she gathered up her courage and walked towards the sleeping Dahyun.

 

 

The part where Jieun told them about Dahyun's first heartbreak was the breaking point of Jihyo's feelings for the younger girl. She didn't knew the news of her arranged marriage could ruin Dahyun so bad. If only she knew then she would've broke the marriage sooner and cleared things up and all these time Jihyo thought she was the only one harboring these feelings when in fact Dahyun had loved her first.

 

 

But was it because she's a mere reincarnation of someone dear to Dahyun in the past? If Dahyun had been a normal person and if they had met in an ordinary way, could she still love her the same back then? Many questions filled her mind and she knew she needed to talk to Dahyun, to clear things up but she decided to step the thought aside and focus on praying for Dahyun's health, hoping she would wake up sooner.

 

 

Jieun managed to make her way towards the thomas wihtout her noticing it and placed a hand on her shoulders, "I'm sorry for altering Dahyun's memories, in some way I kind of blocked out her feelings for you back then."

 

 

Jihyo sadly smiled, "Don't worry. I'm glad you altered her memories. To be quite honest, I might not return the feelings back then."

 

 

 

"But you can, now, right?" Jieun returned the smile and Jihyo was almost certain she saw Jieun's eyes reflected sadness and ..regret? But it quickly vanished as soon as it emerged.

 

 

Suddenly, Jieun pulled down Jihyo's collar, showing off her mark, "If you're hesitating about it, know that this mark proves a lot to it."

 

 

 

"Come to think of it, Jihyo had the wrong mark placement. But Why?" Ashe asked.

 

 

 

"It's because Dahyun chose her. There was no crystal intended for Jihyo but the princess herself chose her and that is a big deal for a Knight because that only means the princess trusted you wholeheartedly." Jieun explained.

 

 

 

"AHH!" Everyone jumped at Momo's sudden shout.

 

 

 

"What the hell, Mo?!"

 

 

Jeongyeon was about to drag her down when Momo pointed a finger at Jieun, "YOU! Now I remember! It was YOU!"

 

 

Jieun looked at Momo, confused for a while before she remembered and laughed again, "Ahh yeah it was me. Didn't think you'd recognize me though."

 

 

 

"Care to fill in guys?" Yara said as she watched Momo and Jieun alternately.

 

 

 

Momo then turned to Jeongyeon and shook her arm, "Yah! Do you remember that girl I tol you about? The one during the upcoming exams when I was studying in the convenient store I was working in?"

 

 

 

Jeongyeon thought deeply but she couldn't remembered it, "Aish Mo so much has happened how do you expect me to remember that?"

 

 

 

"It was when I was studying for the upcoming exams, there's this girl, hmmm she's well.. I can't remember her face anymore but I'm pretty sure she's around the maknae's age. Her bag got stolen and I happen to be there too and eventually decided to run after the holdaper when suddenly my vision zoomed in and I thought I just had some eye complications or so but it's like everything around me slowed down and the guy was suddenly in my reach, I grabbed him and knocked him out. I thought at first I was hallucinating but it kinda happened again and again and again until I realized that it's something that should be evaluated." Jihyo recited.

 

 

 

Nayeon and Chaeyoung widened their eyes at this as the statement clicked immediately.

 

 

 

Momo turned to Jieun, "You were that girl."

 

 

 

"I have my duties and I had to help you awaken since the attacks were starting to rise up again during that time when Dahyun took the other route." Jieun said.

`

 

 

"You weren't the only ones Jieun had to aid in awakening though." Solar butted in.

 

 

The Mystic Eyes re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter