Chapter 45

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Same time Nayeon started the fight with Hyojong

 

 

"Master Jungkook! Be careful in taking out Hunters! Some of them might be brainwashed as per what those earthland girls said!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"Eh?! But that help they..." A punch on the gut, "...said is nowhere to be seen!" Jungkook finished his sentence throwing the Hunter across the yard. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please don't throw too far! Stretching this illusion cube is tiring!" 

 

 

 

 

"Targets! Lock!" Hiro managed to take down 5 Hunters by just marking them with silver coins. 

 

 

 

 

 

Fighting in their homeworld really made a big difference. No sacred treasures and most of all no limitations plus the air is really refreshing—it is after all filled with vex particles that was assumed to be harmful to other worldly beings, humans in the case but then there's Nayeon on the 3rd floor fighting, as can be seen on the window. 

 

 

 

"The earthland girl is in trouble! We should help her!" Jeonghan yelled, pointing at Nayeon while the other hand is maintaining the illusion they are in.

 

 

 

 

The three are incharged in cleaning out the left wing, making sure none of the leaders would notice and Jeonghan was the one responsible for entrapping them in a humongous cube which makes them invisible from the outside. 

 

 

 

 

"No! Don't! Stick to the plan! You should have faith in them and try not to underestimate those girls." Hiro was already beside Jeonghan when he said that. 

 

 

 

He was panting as he does his job in protecting Jeonghan while Jungkook charges.

 

 

 

"Trust me, I learned the hard way." Hiro added.

 

 

 

Despite Jeonghan's yell, Jungkook usually falls into deaf ears whenever he's concentrated in fighting and that's why, finishing up 6 of those duplicates he looked around his work and smiled in satisfaction, "Great! Let's kill more." 

 

 

 

 

And Jeonghan can only sigh as he deactivated his illusion cube. It was also Hiro's job to clean it out. Jungkook suggested he would dig a huge hole for them but Hiro kindly declined the idea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somewhere outside, before Nayeon and Hyojong's fight. 

 

 

 

 

"It's great that the sky is covered with thick black clouds but what's not great is you treating an ally as if she has some kind of virus."

 

 

 

 

"Virus is an understatement! Hey how'd you even know about that anyways?" 

 

 

 

 

"It's literally the opposite for Vexus. Just because we're from different worlds doesn't mean we can't have the same terms." 

 

 

 

 

"Why, out of all Vexirs, do I have to be stuck with you? I could've been assigned inside!" 

 

 

 

 

 

That was Chaeyoung, complaining as she can't get over the fact that only Nayeon, Jihyo, Momo and Mina can communicate while Dahyun specifically told her not to interfere. 

 

 

 

It was the fact that Chaeyoung is a Craftsman and is more suitable to take out the right wing while Jungkook and his company takes the other.

 

 

 

 

 

And the person she's with is no other than Jennie, the who became a housevessel back at Earth and was also the cause of Dahyun's wounds and bruises during their first encounter. It was weird having to talk to the person who looked exactly like the girl Momo and her defeated back in Yokohama.

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie stopped walking and pulled her face expression, "Look, I don't want to be paired with a human too. I heard they're weak species. Just do the bare minimum and be alert, defend yourself. I don't want to have any distractions as I'm fighting." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung's jaw fell, it acts exactly like the Jennie back at Earth! 

 

 

 

 

 

"How dare you! I can—"

 

 

 

 

 

"Shhhh!"

 

 

 

 

An earth spike suddenly rose up from the ground and pointed its end at Chaeyoung's throat, shutting up the cub. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you see anyone?"

 

 

 

"No but the guards at the left wing are missing."

 

 

 

"Don't worry! As long as Sir Seunghyun is safe." 

 

 

 

 

"Lord Seungri would be delighted to have intruders. More people are added unto our side.."

 

 

 

 

 

"Sir Jay is patrolling the grounds. I'm sure there's no problem." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's just go. New batch of guards will be deployed any minute now."

 

 

 

 

 

The group of guards started to walk away and Jennie has just released a sigh of relief when a bear cub has somehow made its way to Chaeyoung's leg. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm lost." 

 

 

 

 

"Awwwe aren't you cute." 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was about to pick up the cub when a thin looking ugly bird poked Chaeyoung's head with its beak. 

 

 

 

 

"Ow! Hey!" 

 

 

 

 

"Intruder...intruder....intruder....intru—"

 

 

 

 

The bird's monotonous and annoying voice got cut off when Jennie sent an earth slash towards it, slicing it off to a dark violet smoke.

 

 

 

 

"Run!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie was the first one to dash, dragging Chaeyoung with her as the guards came out from the corner and pointed at them.

 

 

 

 

"There they are!"

 

 

 

"After them!" 

 

 

 

 

As they are running, Jennie pointed her palms downwards emitting a light orange glow towards the ground. 

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?' Chaeyoung asked beneath her breaths as they continued running, still carrying the bear cub with her.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The Hunters will catch up to us in no time if they travel using their shadows but shadows only projects unto the ground and the ground is our territory so I'm locking em up!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung glanced at the back and true enough the horde of Hunters had a hard time diving in to their shadow forms. The two took that chance to outrun them but looks like fate is not in favor of them right now as they crossed paths with the new batch of brainwashed, duplicated guards. 

 

 

 

 

"Ugh! I wish Jeongyeon-unnie is here with us right now. I really don't want to hurt innocent people!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sejun report to Sir Jay immediately!" Jennie heard a hunter said. 

 

 

 

 

"Darn this!" Jennie exasperatingly yelled. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No one is going anywhere!" Jennie lifted up her hands up, elevating the ground until it became a huge space enclosed with earth barriers filled with at least 200 of them Hunters. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why did you trapped us in here! They're going to fry us!" Chaeyoung whisper-yelled at her, hugging the whimpering baby cub tightly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If only a certain someone didn't made any noise then we wouldn't be in this predicament right now!" Jennie hissed. 

 

 

 

 

 

"It was that stupid bird!" Chaeyoung defended. 

 

 

 

 

Just right after Chaeyoung said that she was greeted with bubbles of dark particles, if not for Jennie's quick response of pulling her out of the way, she would've been a goner by now.

 

 

 

"I uhhh I did not see the coming." 

 

 

 

"You have to get used to these kinds of things human! This is not a game! Quit fooling around!"

 

 

 

 

The Hunters released a strong brief yell before they lunged towards the two. Needless to say, Chaeyoung was a tad bit intimidated by them because of their sheer numbers but when the thought of Dahyun, Tzuyu and her Sana-unnie crossed her mind, she knew she's not going to take any from these guys.

 

 

 

 

It was quantity over quality but Chaeyoung and Jennie are not going to be giving up soon. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie didn't wait for them to execute their first move as she already delivered hers with devastating earth spikes that immediately took out a quarter of them. A hunter then appeared from below her but she was able to dodge the attack and block it with an earth shield she conjured at the last minute however the impact caused her to stumble back a few steps where three Hunters are waiting for her. 

 

 

 

 

Jennie can sense them and so she stomped her feet sending up a huge spike from the ground, ending her opponents. Another two are coming, they were holding black particles formed swords, wielders that's what they are but Jennie easily passed through them in one swift.

 

 

 

 

 

Growing up with no any special skill or whatsover prompt Jennie to strive harder and manage how to use her vexus efficiently. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then she remembered Chaeyoung. The human their Chief, Namjoon said to accompany and protect as the world is still foreign to them. 

 

 

 

"!" 

 

 

 

 

She swiftly blows off the rest of her enemies in sight before turning around only to see Chaeyoung skillfully dodging the attacks and blocking them with what seens to be an invisible yellow barrier which Jennie assumed was embedded by a Shaman. 

 

 

 

 

Jennie gasped not only because Chaeyoung looked like a crazy person talking to a bear cub but because she took down those hunters without even releasing a quarter of vexus energy. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please stop nibbling on my ar—no that's not a map to your mother that's my tattoo! Ugh!" 

 

 

 

 

 

"No, no just hold on! I'll bring you to her. I swear!" 

 

 

 

 

"Why do these guys look alike?! It's freaking creepy!"

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung hugged the cub when the Hunter was about to deliver a strong shadow beam towards their direction but Jennie diverted an attack by rolling a large boulder unto the Hunter's direction.

 

 

 

 

"It's because of Seunghyun. He's in charge of duplicating these idiots." Jennie briefly explained. 

 

 

 

 

Then shadows from the ground started to elevate and morph back to their original body forcing Jennie and Chaeyoung to a defense stance with their backs pressed against each other.

 

 

 

 

The numbers had gone down to half but it already took a great amount of energy from the two, cuts and bruises can be seen from Chaeyoung's body, for trying to protect the cub while Jennie's stamina was strained.

 

 

 

 

"You know you can..." Jennie fired an earth blast, "...greatly help me in here..." And earth bullets, "...if you could just let that cub go!" Then she finished with a very large pitfall that took out at least 15 of them.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung wasn't listening but instead she took off her vest and tore it to wrap the cub around her chest. 

 

 

 

 

"Come at me!" Chaeyoung challenged and Jennie turned just in time to see Chaeyoung in action. 

 

 

 

 

Jennie ran towards the other side of the field when a group of hunters charged towards the earthland vexir. That was the plan but then Jennie's vision suddenly went black making her stumble down a ground filled of Miseris landmine, detonating it. 

 

 

 

 

A loud blast was heard. It was so huge that it covered the whole land caged area with dust, an evil amused laugh overlaying the noise. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was coughing while throwing the unconscious Hunter she knee kicked before the dust took place. 

 

 

 

 

"I-I'm scared...I need my mama." The cub whimpered. 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, I told ya don't worry. I'll find your mother and bring you to her." Chaeyoung reassuted the cub with a smile. 

 

 

 

 

"Well well well, I didn't think it'd be that easy to kill a Master Builder!" 

 

 

 

 

A guy with blonde hair and sharp jawline descended with his raven black wings. Chaeyoung assumed it must be Jay from Solar's list. 

 

 

 

 

Jay hasn't touched the ground yet but he was in Chaeyoung's reach. The only problem was: Chaeyoung took a dagger from the earlier attack, she was careless and the cub was about to get stabbed and so she turned to her side, shielding it. 

 

 

 

 

However Chaeyoung's smart enough to let Jay know about her current ordeal and so she bit her lip so hard in order to focus and keep herself from making any sound that would suggest she's in pain. 

 

 

 

 

"Now, I still have at least a hundred hunter duplicates standing here and you're the only one left. How the hell are you going to fight?" Jay smirked. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung raised a brow at that and turned fully to Jay, raising her chin up high as a breeze of cool wind passed by, blowing away the remaning the dust and making the ground clear as day. 

 

 

 

 

Jay's smile faded as he noticed how the remaining hundreds that were supposed to be Chaeyoung's opponents earlier was already in the ground.

 

 

 

Like literally a quarter in the ground which caused a ruckus and loud chatter of complains to surface. 

 

 

 

"How—"

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung smirked and gently placed the cub down, "I had some worm friends that are willing to help."

 

 

 

 

And with that Jay looked at again and true enough he can see a variety of worm tails wrapped around his men's torso.

 

 

 

 

"Look, I'm sorry! I was supposed to ask them to just hold them off for a minute, I didn't know Hireath worms are so damn strong, hey are you guys using dead bodies to feed these s?" 

 

 

 

 

Jay was fuming, not because his men are immobilized, it was because Chaeyoung looked so calm but at the same time, annoying.

 

 

 

 

 

And it made Jay clench his jaw as he saw half of his men, melting into a pile of gray liquid. It was the duplicates. Chaeyoung's oris seems to have an effect on them. 

 

 

 

Jay pulled a feather from his wings and it turned into a charcoal shade sword and slowly descends.

 

 

 

 

"A minute?" He scoffed, "A minute won't—"

 

 

 

 

He wasn't able to finish his sentence when Jennie appeared from behind and slammed him unto the ground with an earth crafted sledge hammer. Jay was still a neck above the air when Jennie attacked him and it was all thanks to Chaeyoung's quick thinking. 

 

 

 

Just a minute before those land mines detonated, Chaeyoung ducked unto the ground, shielding the cub at the same time whispering some help from the underground animals including a creature from Hireath whose ability is to create a pool of quicksand and that was what saved Jennie from those bombs. 

 

 

 

Those unknown creatures Chaeyoung asked help with, fortunately released Jennie in a fair distance which is a blind spot for Jay and Chaeyoung then knew she had to distract him for a minute. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie was covered in a slime of dirt as she walked towards Chaeyoung's direction.

 

 

 

 

"You could've at least tell me in advance the minuetts are helping us! I was so close in killing them!" Jennie complained.

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung gasped dramatically, "Murderer! You do not kill animals!" 

 

 

 

 

 

Jennie just rolled her eyes when she noticed the ground Chaeyoung is standing. 

 

 

 

It's a quicksand...but Chaeyoung didn't sunk.

 

 

 

"You—"

 

 

 

A loud explosion occured, blasting rock debris everywhere. Chaeyoung used the last of Mina's shield on her to protect them.

 

 

 

 

Jay, who's covered in dirt craned his neck to the side feeling his bones cracking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You got me big time." 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung suddenly felt chills and as her view becomes clear, she acted on instinct.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Jennie duck!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

However it was too late for the Master Builder when sharp feathers came shooting at them.

 

 

 

"Aghk!"

 

 

 

It was Chaeyoung who used her free arm to summon a ground wall, just enough to lessen Jennie's injury and that caused a strain on her existing stab wound. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm not done yet!" 

 

 

 

Jay flew and charged towards Chaeyoung, thinking of dealing with the most annoying one first before he finishes up Jennie, a Master Builder on par with him. 

 

 

 

 

Jennie was quick to grab Chaeyoung by her collar and switched their position, resulting to Jennie flying across the field, hitting the ground barrier she built with such force that it crumbled and broke.

 

 

 

 

Not only that, Jay still went after her and dragged her away from the castle in such speed. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was shocked. 

 

 

 

 

 

The earthland craftsman shouldn't worry about Jennie considering how she hated her to the very core 25 minutes ago but that wasn't the case. This Jennie took the hit for her and that was more than action speaking louder than words. 

 

 

 

 

Despite her harsh tongue, Jennie knows how to protect an ally and fight selflessly. With that, she just gained Chaeyoung's trust and respect. 

 

 

 

 

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

 

 

I hesitantly looked back at the castle then back to the direction where that Jay dragged Jennie with him. 

 

 

 

 

My breathing got fast.

 

 

 

Darn this! If I leave the castle it would mean I'm not going to be within range. This isn't in Dahyun's plan and I don't want to be the one to fail this! 

 

 

 

 

What if something happens to Mina? 

 

 

 

 

What if Dahyun calls for my help?

 

 

 

 

I clenched my fist and quickly weighed my options. 

 

 

 

In the end, I interfered with Momo's telepathy.

 

 

 

"..sure you're okay Minari?"

 

 

 

that got me alerted.

 

 

 

"Mina? Why? What happened to her?"

 

 

 

"Chae!"

 

 

 

"Thank heavens you interfered!" 

 

 

 

It was Mina-unnie and Momo-unnie respectively. I don't hear the others' voices and that made me worried especially since there are still no signs of Dahyun but then again I knew these girls and all of them had their share of battles, may it be external and internal. 

 

 

 

 

 

And all I can say is,

 

 

 

 

 

Diamonds.

 

 

 

 

That's what they are.

 

 

 

 

 

"I've been trying to connect with you Chae but it seems like you're mind is so occupied that I can't break in. It's a good thing you opened up. Mina really needs to speak with you, it's an emergency."

 

 

 

 

"Mina? What is it? How are you?" 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's just a headache Chae, probably from exerting too much invisible barrier around the castle nothing serious but this! Is something really serious. Look, I know it's hard to do since she looks exactly like the girl who hurt Dahyun—"

 

 

 

"Jennie?" My brow furrowed as I was brought back to the line of reason why I interfered in the first place.

 

 

 

 

"—Yes! Her! Listen carefully Chae, you have to follow wherever she is right now. I just had a premonition and I saw a winged hunter taking the life force out of her. Please don't let this happe—ahh!" 

 

 

 

 

Panic spread so fast that I almost ran towards where Mina is, "Mina! Where are you? I'm coming—"

 

 

 

 

"No! Stop! Stay there and protect Jennie, Chae. This is the 5th death premonition I received just from this day only and I wasn't able to do anything to stop the 4!" 

 

 

 

 

Wavering. 

 

 

 

 

Her voice made me stop.

 

 

 

 

 

Mina's voice is faltering

 

 

 

 

I knew Mina is having a hard time and she was logically right. I am is the closest one to do something about it. Mina's specialty is so useful that it's almost as if It's a cheat in a game. 

 

 

 

As an aspiring doctor, She knew she had to do something the moment she knew she had to power to change things. 

 

 

 

 

So with a deep sigh, I nodded and agreed, "Okay. Okay I will but promise me you'll be fine, Mo promise me Mina will be safe." 

 

 

 

 

"I wouldn't need to worry about it cub." Momo-unnie said through the telepathy.

 

 

 

 

"I promise Chae. Now go."

 

 

 

 

With that I place my whole trust on them as I grabbed the cub and whistled and looked at the dark sky. Not a minute later, a huge creature filled with bones and ripped wings with ugly claws, descended.

 

 

 

 

 

Truthfully, I'm shaking on my battle boots right now. Never had I thought a time would come I would face a real breathiglng dragon head on. 

 

 

 

 

 

It gave me a low grunt before sniffing me. Good heavens, this is the enemy's creature but it's the only one capable of bringing me towards where Jennie and Jay is and so with that mind set, I lifted my chin up and leveled its gaze. 

 

 

 

 

 

I held my stand even if it was hard considering I'm a relatively small person but when I remembered how Mina entrusted me with this, I know I can't fail.

 

 

 

 

"I am worthy of trust! Heed my word and bring me to where I must!" 

 

 

 

 

I spoke with all of my hidden confidence, thinking about Jennie, Mina, Sana-unnie and my best friends, Dahyun and Tzuyu. So many lives are at stake, if I can do something about it then I'm not going to waste my chance!

 

 

 

 

 

And with a new found confidence, I spoke again but this time I lifted my hand, "I need to save my friends."

 

 

 

THIRD PERSON'S POV

 

 

Jennie was barely breathing as Jay took the opportunity to choke her when Jennie got her head hit by a rock which made her fall in a daze. 

 

 

 

"I'll let you taste what it means to be humiliated as the most weak and disrespected clan." Jay gritted his teeth saying those. 

 

 

 

 

"Arvendon will never prosper under losers...like you!" Jennie fought back.

 

 

 

 

That caused Jay to let go of her and instantly formed a black particle-filled sword.

 

 

 

 

"Shut up!!"

 

 

 

 

Before Jay can even the sword in, a huge boulder sent him flying to the side and Chaeyoung, who's hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter