Chapter 29

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
12 went, 13 returned


Everyone greeted Dahyun and Sana with hugs and are you okays but that doesn't mean they're all happy knowing someone from their side died during the rescue operation. 

 


Out of all of them, Jihyo and Jiro had it worst, Jiro was enraged that he started going insane which made Ashe confiscate Jiro's sacred treasure so that he can't use his vexus since he's still not in the right state of mind to do so. 

 


Jihyo on the other hand, keeps on kneeling and bowing to the Code Alliance members saying she's sorry for not being strong enough to help Layla but even Jiro himself can't get angry at the thomas knowing that dying in a battle is inevitable and it doesn't help the fact that Layla's been unfortunately paired up with CL. 

 

God knows how Ashe, Chungha, Hiro, Tzuyu, Yara and Mina tried their best to arrive in time after placing an unconscious Momo, Jiro and Nayeon on the car but it was already TOO late when they saw an exhausted Jeongyeon, Momo, Sana and a crying Jihyo on Dahyun's arms. 

 

Before they left the villa, they reflected. Rein and Bado died while Kaehyun was held captive and a bunch of Gizmoxus were collected for future use while Roku and CL managed to escape. They left no trace of it by making Jeongyeon burn the whole building down. 

 

They arrived in the manor with a confused Chaeyoun and a sobbing Yeunwoo, for her, Layla's like the little sweet sister she never had because apparently she's an only child.

 


The guild immediately proceeded to do the funeral and tribute for Layla in the Vexir way by gathering all representatives for each clan. Ashe asked for Tzuyu, Jeongyeon and especially Mina's participation for this since Ashe is representing her clan, Jiro representing their clan, Chungha, Yara and Yeunwoo for the Human race.

 

They placed Layla's body in a wind-coffin to give respect for the supposedly union of two clans while each of the representatives encircled her coffin while they were extending their hands out.


Blue, Green, Yellow, Dark Purple, Red, Orange-brown, Black beams appeared, hitting Layla's coffin until it exploded with brightness, Yellow-ish brightness and then they saw a mark, just like Mina's before it completely vanished.

 

The others just watched in awe, taking their time to appreciate the bond between clans which they are still confused of. True, they still have questions unanswered and that's why after a day of rest (since all of them are so tired and restless) Ashe called everyone for the moment of truth.

 

 

 


A soft knock can be heard followed by the sound of the door being slowly opened.


"Mina-unnie, Ashe-unnie's already calling us down."

 

Mina sighed at this, relieved. It's the moment she's been waiting for, the moment her questions will be answered. Mina got a separate room from the rest since she's the one who got all her energy drained and was used to the max.

 

When she saw Dahyun and Jihyo, she immediately went to their aid and also wasted her energy trying to revive Layla which she knows it's futile but still she somehow can't accept it, she have a lot of questions for Layla regarding her–their clan plus that ceremony yesterday made her limbs feel weak.

 


Dahyun on the other hand, was luckily filled in starting from Chaeyoung's POV to Jihyo's and she can't help but feel guilty. She saw how Tzuyu got really really worried for Sana and how Jihyo almost lost her life back there, she can't stand the feeling of it.

 

Although Mina's the one being called, she can't help but notice Dahyun spacing out, "Stop that."

 

Dahyun looked at the penguin with a questioning gaze, "What?"

 

"I know what you're thinking Dahyun. Stop it."

 

Mina grabbed Dahyun's hand and made her look at her, "Don't think all of these is your fault, hmm?" She looked at her with affection and Dahyun can't help but feel better.

 


When the both of them went down, everyone was already there.

 


Same old table but more organized with Jiro and Hiro looking dashing in their combat suits, Ashe looking like a whole authorized person, Yara in her girlcrush outfit, Chungha in red comfortable clothes and Yeunwoo–pyjamas as always. 

 

Mina took a seat beside Jeongyeon while Dahyun took the seat besides Jihyo. 

 

"As you all know, majority of you showed some great skills in fighting, too great for a newly born vexir. According to what you've said, this strange phenomenon first happened almost 6 months ago and I don't think a Vexir can get stronger within just a span of 6 months so to further and deeply understand you, let us start from scratch and introduce ourselves." As if on cue, Hiro was the first one to stand up. 

 

Instead of his usual jerk, stoic face, he put up a sigh before blanking out his expression and bowed, "Sorry for my behavior last time. My name's Sakamoto Hiro and this is my brother Sakamoto Jiro." 

 

"I don't think I have to introduce myself again but then I remembered you brought a plus two so Hi, my name is Kim Yeunwoo, pleasure to meet you." Although she looks delighted to meet them her aura isn't that much cheerful as before. 


"Lee Chungha, pleasure." 

 

"It's an honour fighting along side with you, I'm Hazukawa Hiyari." Yara said, particularly to Nayeon. 

 

Now, all the code alliance members looked at Ashe as if waiting on something to happen."And I'm Ashe Freyar, Nice to meet you." She cleared and ushered Hiro to do that thing


"Hiro, will you do the honor?" 

 

Hiro sighed and raised his ring finger, showing off a bright emerald ring, glowing until it projected a floating city–or country rather. 


"This is our world, not literally but as your world is called as Earth ours is called Hiraeth and this floating country right here is our land, it's called Arvendon. You see, as long as our country stays a float it means Vexus is still present in our air and people there are called Vexirs." Ashe explained and the 9 girls stared in awe as they imagined what would Arvendon looks like in real life. 

 

"We had to use these things called Sacred Treasures for us to activate our Vexus here in your Earth. Something about different air, atmosphere or whatever." Yara added as Yara showed her bracelet-cuffs, Hiro and Jiro with their ring, Ashe with her wand and Chungha with her diamond earings.

 

"Do you have flying dragons?" Momo suddenly asked which made Jeongyeon smack her head. 

 

"Sorry, please continue." 


Hiro changed the projection and displayed 8 maps. 

 

"These are the main cities in Arvendon, ruled by specific clans in which they call the place as headquarters." Ashe said and tapped the first map. 

 


"We don't exactly know how everything started but all we know is that the High Kins from the above made the clans for the sole purpose of stopping a huge threat in our world billions of years ago that's why Shamans, Ninjas, Casters, Sorcerers, Craftsmen, Swordsmen, and Hunters are formed."

 


"This map right here is the land of Shamans, Aelcliff. Shamans are what you call here in your world–doctors. In a battle, they're very useful. They provide enchantments and whenever someone gets injured, it's them who treats it with utmost care. Their main duty is to save and assist that's why they're gifted the Vexus of Life, Vitalis." Ashe explains and the others looked at Mina. 

 

"Yes Mina, it's your clan." Yeunwoo said. 

 

"However Layla's one of those people from your clan that proved the elders wrong about one thing: and it's that Shamans can fight too. They're so used of seeing Shamans being the weakest clan but that ain't it." Jiro spoke, trying his best not to break once again as he reminsced his bittersweet memories with Layla. 

 


Ashe tapped another map, "Cordova, it's where Casters like us live, Nayeon-ssi. We're called casters because apparently our clan masters spells and often called as witches or wizards. One of the strongest clan that's ever been made, the cleverest ones out of all. We're quite the leader-like figures ther that's why they're gifted with the Vexus of Water, considering how calm they can be when dealing with deadly situations. Caster's Vexus is called, Aquis." 

 

"Ashe's right. Casters are actually the ones running the country right now, revising plans to win our way through the evilness that lurks around the kingdom." Yara added. 

 

"I-I don't think I'm a leader-like figure, I mean Jihyo can be but I didn't think I'd see myself as one." Nayeon frowned. 

 

"Hey, hey look at me. You've done great in protecting this group. You may not be perfect but your heart is pure and you're simply amazing just the way you are." Jeongyeon sincerely said and just motioned for Nayeon to look at her because of the sad fact that she can't ever hold Nayeon again because of what Dahyun calls, Contradiction. 

 

"Yeah unnie, you're the oldest one and you've also been one of our pillars, don't think like that." Mina concured. 

 

"Yah, even if you act like you're the maknae sometimes, you're like the older sister I wish I would've had." Jihyo stated, patting the older one on the back. 

 

"Yeah, remember how you led your team to victory during sportsfest? Don't doubt yourself unnie." Sana said. 

 

"It comes out naturally Nayeon-ssi." Yeunwoo added. 

 

"Next one's the land of tornadoes, the land covered in forest, trees everywhere not even a single building–" 

 


"Hey! Our clan managed to build a tournament arena and a proper headquarters at least, it's not our fault your land is rich in manufactured resources." Jiro argued. 

 


"Yeah! Like where do you get your raw resources huh? Yeah that's right, bow to the jungle baby." Hiro rolled his eyes and folded his arms. 

 


"Okay, okay! Reasonable enough. Anyways, continuing, Slefeadore the land of Ninjas. The friend of "nature" , gifted with witts, apparently they were given the power of Air, which is called Aeris." Ashe explained, air-quoting the nature part. 

 

"That's cool! I've always wanted to live in a jungle." Momo chirped, displaying on a huge grin as she did. 

 

"Mo, sto–" 


"Momo-unnie take me with you!" Dahyun suddenly said which made everyone from their group turn to look at her before muttering a unison, "NO" 

 


"Apparently a jungle is different from a forest, a jungle is where all our live animals are placed for them to be taken of properly which leads me to my next point. Moonshore , the land of Craftsmen, the way they think is peculiar but they're quite handy. Their natural knowledge about Earth is something they're proud of. The true, NATURE lovers indeed. They're gifted with the Vexus of Earth which is called, Oris." Ashe said, glaring at Hiro as she did. 

 

"Ah! That explains your art and unusually good understanding about environment and earth Chae!" Dahyun yelled getting the attention of everyone.

 

When Dahyun knew about Chaeyoung's awakening she's so proud of Chaeyoung, having a Vexus is not easy but she's glad Chaeyoung got one because she's already a hero for Dahyun. Having to kick out bullies in Dahyun's life, the kind of best buddy Dahyun needed in her life. 

 

"And next would be the Sorcerer's Clan, currently based on Hiraeth's hottest desert, the Scorchcrest. Sorcerers are known as the Vicious Clan for they're violent by nature. Gifted the Vexus of Fire, known as Pyruis for it resembles wrath and power. These Clan is known for its brute force and strength and you definitely don't want to mess with this one. Historically, Casters and Sorcers have the most opposite traits that's why they're considered as rivals and the two found it hard to get a long since their beliefs and philosophies contrasts each other." Ashe said as she looked at Jeongyeon then to Nayeon. 

 

"So what if our beliefs don't match each other? Why can't we touch each other?" Jeongyeon said, frustrated. 


"Jeongyeon-ssi, Sorcerers are the borderline of evil and good, they've done terrible things to neighbouring clans especially towards Casters that's why the King declared a law where Sorcerers can't touch a Caster and vice versa to stop the foolish feud between two clans." Chungha explained this time. 

 

"That's why I can't detect her vexus. That's unfair." Nayeon breathed. 

 

"I don't get it. Jeongyeon-unnie might be tough sometimes but that's just because she cares for us. She's not brutal, she's gentle. The details don't add up." Chaeyoung commented. 

 

"Yeah, I don't think Jeongyeon can even hurt Nayeon." Momo stated. 

 

"That's why we're suprised to see a Sorcerer actively participating this rescue operation. It's unusual to see one although we can see a natural interaction with a Caster and a Sorcerer, the bickering, we think it's not that deep at all." Yara said. 

 

Then Hiro scoffed, "God tier weird! She abolished the 5th floor just because the floor's a mess." 

 

Dahyun winced at that, of course there's a possibility Jeongyeon would be enrage considering how dirty the 5th floor IS. Dahyun knows, she's been held captive there and it surely stinks. 

 

"I'm sorry for that, Jeong here is a clean freak. She'd kill anyone just for the room to be clean." Jihyo apologized in Jeongyeon's behalf 

 

"No, no don't say sorry. It's... It's really cool you know?" Hiro said as he shot a somewhat indirect compliment towards the short-haired sorcerer. 

 


"Indeed, Yara is right. It is indeed weird to have a Sorcerer on our side, usually they're neutral but however this leads me to thr next clan, the Hunters. Located at the southern and darkest part of Arvendon, Hathoria. Hunters are fierce and mischievous by nature, the clan was granted the power of the Shadows which is called Miseris. Your friend, Tzuyu here is clearly a shadow-user which makes her a Hunter BUT if having a Sorcerer here today is weird then having a Hunter over is weirder." Ashe said and glanced at Tzuyu who had the word confusion all over her face. 

 

"Why is that?" Dahyun asked. 

 

Sana is curious too, she remembered back when Tzuyu used to distance herself from them when she discovered her powers but is now really possessive and unusually clingy. 

 

"You see, our kingdom is falling. We face war everyday, Arvendon is in chaos ever since the Royal Family disappeared 25,000 years ago that's why the Hunters took this as an opportunity and started a rebellion as they try to claim the throne as theirs. Of course the Clans didn't liked it and so they voted for a temporary heirarchy which was led by us, the Casters, but Casters don't have Authority, they can never have the power to control everything. What we can only do is delay the inevitable." Ashe explained but before someone can react, Chungha interfered. 

 

"This is why, the Claws, led by the 4 siblings: G-Dragon, Seungri, CL and Yu started fooling deprived vexirs and lure them into their plan. Basically, All and I mean ALL Miseris are declared criminals in our country." She added. 

 

"But...But I'm not like them." Tzuyu softly said and Jihyo heard this. 

 

"This girl right here didn't flew all the way here from Taiwan to take over Korea even if she has the possible power to. Tzuyu's not that kind of person, same with Jeongyeon and the word violence." Jihyo defended. 

 

Sana just held Tzuyu's hand and intertwined them. Tzuyu looked at the latter but Sana just gave her, her sweetest smile and that's when Tzuyu knows, she's never gonna be that kind of person. 

 

They now mov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter