Chapter 30

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leo the Light

Apparently Normal is an understatement to describe Dahyun's abilities right now. 


As what they've agreed, the 9 of them will dedicate their 5 days in a week to spar and train with the guild members and as for Dahyun, the tofu can't hold a sword properly, can't throw punches and kicks powerfully, can't aim accurately and doesn't have stamina that's why she became the watergirl throughout the whole training session. 


Jihyo and Yara were the training partners for this week, sometimes Sana would join them too only because no one from the guild members really knows how to cultivate a Celestial Mage's power but for safety purposes, Sana was taught the basic skills in swordmanship. 

 

Sana on the other hand, trains with Ashe, Yeunwoo and Chungha with the three of the guild members working hand in hand to figure out what's best for Sana and her power–especially focusing on increasing her stamina for her to open a more bigger portal. 

 

Jiro, Jeongyeon and Momo trained together considering how their power contrasts each other, fire and wind that is. The sole purpose of this pairing is for Jeongyeon to keep up her flames and for Momo to stand it. 

 

The maknaes are paired up with Hiro and Chungha, the ever serious and strict trainors however only Hiro has that little knowledge about handling a Miseris while Chungha is a Craftsman too just like Chaeyoung. 

 

They decided to group together because Oris complements Miseris in  some ways and used this as an opportunity to exchange informations about these two clans. 

 

Ashe, regularly trains with Mina and Nayeon. Giving  Mina ideas about how to turn something into an offensive weapon, all inspired from Layla's works. 

 

Now, it's a normal day for everyone. Sound of something crashing, sound of swords clashing, sound of wind being aggresive, yells from Dahyun who's sitting on the bench eating doritos while cheering for her friends. 

 

"YASSS!! Don't let Momo-unnie get you Jeong-unnie!" 

 

"Nayeon-unnie watch out!" 

 

"I'm disappointed at you cub!" 

 


Truth be told, she's envious of her friends. She shouldn't be but it's like her childhood dream, to become a hero or some sort. She always watch animes and it's a hype for her, imagining things she can do with her own capabilities only to be slapped by harsh truth of belonging to the Human Race. 

 

Human Race is toxic, who would want to get associated with them? They're deceiving and abusive but still...there's hope left. 

 

"Aye there, where's our drink?" Jiro said as he threw an arm over Dahyun's neck. 

 

"Yeah, i specifically asked for watermelon juice if i'm not mistaken." Hiro muttered as he also mirrored what his twin brother did. 

 

Now stuck in between two giant boys drenched in sweat, Dahyun shoved them away and displayed a disgusted visage, "Get away from me! You guys stink!" 

 

Jiro just laughed while Hiro grabbed the watermelon juice bottle in Dahyun's hands and walked off. 

 

"Hey! Don't be mean, at least Dahyun doesn't have a responsibility to burden on. Am I right, Dahyun-chan?" Yara said and ruffled her hair before walking towards the direction of her room to change. 

 


Dahyun just huffed at this and sat in indian style and crossed her arms, "Stupid twins." 

 


Meanwhile on the other side of the training room, Sana is having a hard time keeping up two medium sized portals just about Chaeyoung's size, big enough to fit in 2 people. 

 

"Just focus your vexus level to your fingertips." Chungha instructed. 

 

 

After a while, Sana withdrew her hand, sweat trickling down her face, panting as she reached for her knees and leans on it. 

 

"You're doing great Sana-ssi." Ashe arrived, holding a small silver chest on her right hand. 

 

"Ashe.." Chungha greeted then trails off once she saw the chest. 

 

"I think she's now ready, Chung." Ashe softly said and turned to Sana. 

 

"Take this." Ashe said and handed the silver chest to Sana. 

 

"What's this?" Sana asked as she scanned the object on her hands. 

 

"My clan was the one assigned to keep this relic, ancient keys that only a Celestial Mage can use through making contracts with specific vexirs." Ashe briefly explained. 

 

"Keys? I don't underst–woah." Sana was left speechless for a while when she saw how classy and beautiful the 2 keys look like, one is a silver key while the other is a gold key. 

 

"Hey isn't this your clan's mark?" Sana asked when she noticed the colour blue pattern engraved on the head of the key. 

 

"Yes, this is the Aquarius' Key. Layla mentioned it before that, this key is used to make contract with any Vexir that has the same corresponding element with your Key which happens to be about water." Ashe explained. 

 

"Which means it's for a Caster Vexir.." Sana said, trailing off. 

 

"Yes, indeed but Sana you have to understand how sacred and how important the contract is, because basically what you need between your spirits is a foundation called trust for the bond to be stronger and for you to use them properly, powerfully." Chungha said. 

 


Sana nodded at this but then her brows furrowed,  "Spirits?"

 

"Yes, it's what mages call their contracted vexirs." Ashe replied. 

 

Again, Sana nodded at this but then her eyes can't help gaze at the golden key just right beside the silver one, "Well this looks different." 

 

"That's Leo, it's a Celestial Mage's strongest spirit. We still don't know about his element but  I'm just glad the two keys are in the hands of Casters that time." Ashe introduced as Sana examined the key. 

 

"How many keys are there?" 

 

"12 plus 1." Chungha said. 


"Plus one? Why would there be a plus one?" 


"We don't know, all we know is that originally there are only 12 keys but then historians have been noticing the presence of the 13th key." Ashe answered. 


"I see.." Sana caressed the golden key and felt a familiar feeling when she did, she just can't just put her tongue on it yet. 

 


"Please take care of these Sana-ssi, your clan was already demolished that's why none has been able to use these keys throughout the years and now we're giving this to you." Chungha said and plastered a smile. 

 


"How am I suppose to know how to initiate a contract?" Sana asked once again,shutting the chest and looked at the two sunbaes.

 

"You'll know it Sana-ssi, it comes out naturally." Ashe said. 

 

It was already too late to further inquire when Ashe and Chungha walked away and Tzuyu approaching her girlfriend, snaking her arms around her waist, "Hey there beautiful." 

 


Sana was shocked at the sudden skinship but relaxed to it eventually–she just likes skinship in general and besides, this is her girlfriend so there's nothing wrong with it. 

 

Except that there really is. 

 

"Tzuyu." Sana looked at the younger one's innocent tired eyes, she can't help but feel guilty with this emotional crisis she's been feeling. 

 

Sana won't lie to herself, she knows she's beginning to doubt Tzuyu's love for her and her love to the younger one too. Sana felt like something changed, she can't pinpoint what but lately, she's not getting the same feeling from her anymore. 

 

Maybe that's the reason Sana doesn't have the strength to fight for her love for the taiwanese beauty. Yes, she still loves Tzuyu, she cares about her a lot, she knows she still does but she's also denying the fact that she's beginning to like Dahyun in a different way. 

 

But Sana, she can't let this happen, Dahyun is Tzuyu's friend and everything will be so complicated that's why, for the past few days Sana has been avoiding Dahyun thinking that maybe she just got really worried for the younger one during that kidnapping part. 

 


"We haven't had a proper date since these s happened on our lives." Tzuyu pouted and Sana giggled at the cute sight. 

 


"Why a date though? We see each other everyday and also, you can't call this as Tzu, it actually is a blessing in disguise." Sana softly said and caressed the youngest one's forearm. 

 


Tzuyu raised a brow at this, "So Mina and Momo unnie can have a quality time with you but your own girl friend can't?" Tzuyu asked, in a rather strong way. 

 

Sana certainly did not expect the sudden rise of voice though, especially coming from Tzuyu herself. 

 


"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm being irrational. I'm just...just tired with all of these. I just wish we could go back to the time where we can enjoy ourselves normally." Tzuyu sighed as she apologized and snuggled her head in the crook of Sana's neck. 

 


Sana's gaze softened and just kept quiet, she'd rather not fight with Tzuyu now, now that they're both really tired from training. 

 

"What's that?" Tzuyu asked once she noticed the box on Sana's hand. 

 

"Oh it's a Celestial Key relic. Ashe gave this to me, she said it's an important thing to us Celestial Mages." Sana happily said, she never would've thought being a Vexir can make her life this exciting though she understands where Tzuyu was going earlier, about being normal and all. 

 

But as what Dahyun said to them before, "normal is boring, you guys are gifted with these on purpose. It's like the universe really chose you for it and I think that it's really amazing." 

 


Sana smiled at that thought. 

 

"Mhmm I see." Tzuyu said, quite unamused 


Then Sana knows where THIS is going. She dropped her smile and turned to Tzuyu. 


"Are you still mad about it? You know I'm not the one who chose this, right?"

 

Tzuyu sighed, "I know but whoever made you into a Celestial Mage, haven't you heard what Ashe and the others said about it? Are you not listening?! Sana, you're basically the bridge to their world! Those tards, once they know about you they're gonna come and get you and use you in their advantage! Heck we don't know, maybe Ashe's using you too!" Tzuyu furiously explained, veins popping out of her neck as she tried her best to make Sana understand her point. 

 

"I get it. You're not happy for me, I thought you're gonna support me? You're supposed to be my girlfriend Tzu." Sana muttered, tears threatening to fall. 

 

"Babe..." Tzuyu sighed again as she reaches for Sana's arms, "I am your girlfriend that's why I'm mad about it because it endangers you in some way." 


"Haven't we agreed that we'll take the risk together? What if I like the thought of me being special for once? And if you're not that happy about it then I guess we'll be having a problem." Sana sternly said as she gently pushed Tzuyu's hands and turned around, leaving the yoda with a very heavy heart 

 


That's what makes Sana doubt their whole relationship right now, Tzuyu became so much of the girlfriend material that it's choking her and Tzuyu just reminded her how hated she was back then just because of this little curse of hers. 


Tzuyu was supposed to be there, comforting her not adding fuel to the fire. 

 

Tzuyu's supposed to be her pillar, not the wrecking ball that destroys everything.

 

Tzuyu's supposed to be protecting her, they're supposed to be taking this road together not take Sana off the road and lock her up in a house. 

 

They should protect each other but Sana guess Tzuyu doesn't believe in her that much for her to act like this and it's making Sana question herself even more. 

 

~~~


"ing hell! Watch where you throw your water balls you grandma!" 

 

"That's the whole point of this thing, ugh!" 

 

"No! You're supposed to train about control not in killing me!" 

 

"I'm not trying to kill you!" 


"Lies!" 

 

"You coward! Spar with me!" 

 

"There they are again." Dahyun sighed for the nth time this day as she facilitates the sparring session of 2yeon along with Momo, who's eating her beloved jokbal. 

 

"Don't act as if you're not used to it." Momo said. 

 


"Jeongyeon-unnie, don't worry about anything! Mina-unnie is just right in the corner to heal you up and besides the point of Momo-unnie being here is to stop you guys from dying in one swift move." Dahyun explained again. 


"Yes I know but– it! I'll literally set your bed in flames!" Jeongyeon said, enraged when she almost received a water sphere Nayeon threw. 

 

"Shut up! Just say you're scared to hurt me just because you like me!" Nayeon yelled back. 

 

And with this, Jeongyeon's flames on her hand puffed out while Momo choked on her jokbal. 

 

"Y-you! Where did you get that assumption and confidence!" 

 

Nayeon just smirked as she pointed her palms on the ground and water suddenly came out from her hand, Nayeon then morphed the water into a medium sized ball and playfully bounced it. 

 

"I just know it." Nayeon winked before she threw the ball just like how baseball players throw. 

 

Jeongyeon raised her arm, the one with a gauntlet on, and stopped the ball by also releasing a fireball just about the size of it. 

 

If you're wondering why Jeongyeon has gauntlets, it's because she overused her powers so much it wouldn't go down to her normal vexus level and so Jiro lent her the unused Gauntlet Concealer, to control her fire and vexus level. 

 

"I don't get why you guys have to pair me up with an oldie!" 

 

"Shut up you ostrich!" 

 

Jeongyeon twists her arm whe  she extended it towards the caster with her palms out, then a fire lance formed and lunged towards Nayeon's direction only to be deflected using a water mirage. 


"Oh-oh." 


"Mo–" 

 

"s! That was my last jokbal stock of the week!" Momo suddenly got really fired up when Jeongyeon's attack hits her remaining jokbal. 

 

Then in an instant, Momo's infront of them, pointing her hands towards the both of them and delivered a strong wind force which sent the two of them flying. 

 

Jeongyeon used her flames as a pressure to stop her momentun while Nayeon just simple made a water bed to catch her. 

 

"I guess it's gonna be a ramble 3 battle then." Dahyun sighed and took down notes. 

 


It's a bright Wednesday morning when the group arrived in the university together but Chaeyoung was getting a little bit braver this time  so she offered Mina to accompany her towards her school building. 

 

"You don't really have to, Chae." Mina softly said although the older was quite taken a back if the sudden request but she can't deny that she likes it, she likes the attention Chaeyoung is giving. 

 


Chaeyoung pouted, "I really want to unnie! Besides, my class won't start till 10 so I have all the time that I want." 

 

"If you say so." Mina said, smile never left from her face as they continued walking. 

 

"How's your training, Mina-unnie?" Chaeyoung suddenly asked since they never got the chance to pair up during those weeks of practice. 

 

"I'd say it's really helpful Chaeng. Ashe's really good at teaching. I never would've thought I can re-shape and re-size my forcefield to turn it into an offensive circular blade." Mina paused and pondered for awhile, "Though I think, I would've learned from Layla more." 

 


Chaeyoung can see the sadness in Mina's eyes, she can't blame the girl, Layla was the only key left to discovering Mina's whole being. 

 

"I see, too bad I haven't got to know more about her." Chaeyoung was knocked out during the whole meeting with Layla and the others that's why she wasn't able to meet the blonde girl. 

 

"How about you Chae? How's your training?" 

 

"Well, Hiro and Chungha are really harsh as trainers but I do learn a lot from them even if I always get beat up during sparring practices while having to use that normal wooden staff." Chaeyoung pursed her lips again as she remembered all the times she'd receive punishment for losing the sparring match with either Tzuyu or with Hiro. 

 

Like why would there be a punishment? She's the one who got her kicked but again Hiro and Chungha, as trainers, don't accept losers in their team. 


Mina gave out a heartily laugh before saying, "You're not a loser Chaeng. You and Sana are the last ones to get these vexus so it's like you're still in the getting to know phase." 

 


If Dahyun was here with Chaeyoung, she'd laugh at the younger one's face. Imagine, blushing to some indirect compliment made by their crush and not to mention, in front of them? 

 

But all those giddy feelings instantly vanished when Chaeyoung saw Bambam by the front door of Mina's classroom, smiling at them while holding a rose. 

 

"This is my stop Chaeng. Thank you for accompanying me here, I really appreciate it." Mina was about to brush her fingers on Chaeyoung's temple, like what she always does, but the latter stepped back and gave Mina a small smile. 


"No problem unnie, just call me if you need something." And with that Chaeyoung turned to her heels and walked away. 

 

Mina was confused at firstbut decides to deal with it later since her class is about to start. 

 

Chaeyoung on the other hand, stopped and took a little detour as he hid behind a pillar. There she saw how Bambam greeted Mina and gave her the rose, she couldn't really see Mina since the older one's back is facing Chaeyoung but she saw how Mina accepted the rose and went in together. 

 


Chaeyoung could hear her heart shatter as she got slapped by the reality once again, the reality that Mina and Bambam are the school's sweethearts despite not being official. Mina didn't mentioned anything about Bambam being her suitor too but the school is going crazy for their tandem. 

 


"Aren't you gonna defend me from this poser?! 


"What are you talking about woman? Can't it be just a coincidence that her name is also Im Nayeon? Look! You guys have different profile pictures!" 


The two were on their 15 minute break and Nayeon was scrolling through her Facebook account only to find a recommendation that reads exactly like her name. 


"Noooooo! I don't like this sorcery. I hate it!" 

 

Now Nayeon is throwing a tantrums. 

 

"Aish! Shut it! Why are you so worried about it when you fit your name better." Jeongyeon said, tried giving a small compliment for the older one to stop whining. 

 

But Jeongyeon didn't know it would also be used against her. 


"...." 


"What? Why are you smiling like that, stop it it's creepy." 

 

"What did you say?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"I asked, what did you say." 

 

"Oh shut it–" 

 

"Not that! The other one." 

 

"You fits your name better?" 

 

Then Nayeon smiled widely as she caught Jeongyeon in her web, "I see." 

 


"You're weird today." Jeongyeon said as she grabbed the bottle of water when Nayeon started talking again. 

 


"Yoo Nayeon. It does fit doesn't it?" Nayeon said as she shifts her gaze directly into Jeongyeon's eyes. 

 

"Is that your way of indirectly proposing to me Ms. Yoo?" Another jab.

 

Jeongyeon wasn't ready for that which resulted into her, spitting the water and choked. 

 

"–coughs– I meant YOU, not YOO as in my name! Don't get too cocky about it!" Jeongyeon defends although the blush on her cheeks can't be denied nor hidden. 

 


2yeon continued arguing over yoos and yous but a certain grumpy midget doesn't give a flying as she propped her elbows on her knees and resting her cheeks on top of it, mind travelling afar.

 

"Hey there champ, what's the matter?" Dahyun said once she settled near Chaeyoung's bench. 


Chaeyoung looked at Dahyun for a second before diverting her gaze back into space. 


"Woah! I didn't know Mina unnie could mess you up like this." Dahyun said, raising her hands up in the air as a sign of surrender. 


Then Chaeyoung jerked her head towards the tofu once she heard that, "Am I too obvious?" 


"Only Mina-unnie can make you sad like this." Dahyun pointed out. 

 

Then Chaeyoung leaned back and muttered, "Say, do I look like you whenever Sana-unnie clings unto Tzuyu or whenever you see the two of them together? If so then please kick me, you look like so I must be right now too." 

 

Dahyun gasped at this and immediately covered the cub's mouth, "Shhh! Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie might hear you!" 

 

"Geez! You don't need to expose me like that." 

 

Chaeyoung just sighed as she stared into space once again. 

 


"Is this about Mina-unnie and Bambam?" 

 

That hits the spot. 

 

"It's frustrating!" Chaeyoung huffs in frustration and ran her hand through her hair. 

 

"Why don't you confess Chaeng?" The cub was still babbling about how she has no match to Bambam when Dahyun dropped this bomb. 

 

"C–confess? M..Me?" 

 

"Yeah. Mina-unnie deserves to know your feelings." 

 

"But dubs! Why don't you go and confess to Sana-unnie then if it that's easy." 

 


Dahyun smiled, "Chaeng, my situation is different. I can get jealous as much as I want to but that won't change the fact that Sana-unnie is taken, bounded to our best pal and that there's nothing I can do about it." 

 


"While you on the other hand, Mina-unnie's relationship with that Bambam guy isn't even true nor official and I doubt Mina-unnie likes him back. You should try it Chaeng." Dahyun finished off with a pat on Chaeyoung's back. 


Now the cub is guilty, she may of have said something that triggers the tofu's emotions. She looks at the tofu's back and can't help but feel sorry for the mess Dahyun is in, her predicament is no joke–both emotionally and physically. 

 

Chaeyoung stood up and yelled, "Hey! Dahyun!" 

 

Then Dahyun stopped in her tracks and looked back, arching a brow. "Yes?" 

 

Chaeyoung held up a clenched fist and extended it towards Dahyun, "Thank you. You're the best and even if you're hopeless, know that you'll always have my support in everything you do." 

 


Dahyun breaks into a grin as she mirrored Chaeyoung's move. 

 

They truly are the bestest of buddy out there, no one can ever. 


~~~

Chaeyoung was on her way to Dahyun's last room but then an aggressive voice from an empty classroom made her stop in her tracks. 


She's not usually this nosy but she can't disregard or just ignore a girl's sobs, pleading for it to stop and so she peeked. 

 


Only to find Bambam raising his hand and a girl, who Chaeyoung is not familiar of, holding her cheeks while crying. 

 

"How many times have I told you to immediately follow Mina once she goes out from that door!" 

 

"I-I'm sorry... Believe me I really am f-following he–" 


Slap. Chaeyoung jumped a little when the sound of Bambam's hand hitting the girl's left cheek echoed throughout the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter