Chapter 42

Twice Supers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Promises • Future • Crossing Over

 

A day passed by, Dahyun finally went out of the room looking more healthy than ever—mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. 

 

 

Thanks to Mina, Jihyo and Solar Dahyun was able to regain her standing. With the help of Chaeyoung, Dahyun was able to grasp the gist of what is happening and they were able to fill her up with the plan, of course being absolutely careful not to slip anything unnecessary.

 

 

"So you're saying, I just have to open the portal for us to save Tzu and Sana-unnie?" Dahyun asked once more. 

 

 

Jieun smiled at Dahyun's question, it was so pure. As of now, Dahyun knew Jieun as one of Solar's ally along with Yuta whom she apologized earlier due to her actions on the other day.

 

 

"Yes, you see the art of opening portals comes from one's mind. The more you ask and envision it, the better." 

 

 

 

Jieun knew it would take a long time for Dahyun to re-learn all these things at once but with Dahyun's current will to save the two from the Hunters' grasp, the process will speed up than usual.

 

 

 

None of them mentioned anything about Tzuyu being a Montgomery, Jieun and Jihyo figured it's better if they should keep it a secret for now. They don't want another factor of stress contributing in Dahyun's system.

 

 

"Wait, why can I open portals in the first place?" Dahyun asked, looking at her hands. 

 

 

 

Of course Jieun prepared for this billion dollar question, it's bound to happen.

 

 

 

"You are Sana's strongest spirit if you aren't aware. You might just achieve the Reverse Effect. It's a spell that allows you to unlock the key yourself, it's a risk but I'm pretty much sure you can open the gate at least once." 

 

 

Lies, it was all lies. Jieun's quite accustomed to such things already but lying in front of Dahyun's face is different.

 

 

 

Once, One chance is what all Jieun needs. Dahyun might start suspecting if she knows she can keep doing such gates and it's dangerous for Dahyun to know that she can open gates at her own will, there's a high possibility she'd go on her own to save the two without causing much fight between the two party.

 

 

Jieun sighed in relief when Dahyun pursed her lips and shrugged, simply saying an "Okay" before crashing her fist unto her palm.

 

 

"So? How do I do this?" 

 

 

Jieun and Dahyun is alone in the open field while Yara, the twins, Roku and Yuta are in a shed, watching the two from a far. 

 

 

 

"Who would've thought she was the long lost Royal after all." Jiro said. He was quite skeptic about it at first but then again it's Jieun and Solar — the two greatest Generals — who told them about her, there's just no way they're making this up. 

 

 

 

That's like a crime.

 

 

 

"I also had a hard time believing it. I was encharged in tailing and observing her in her everyday life, for both Solar and the Claw. She was living a normal life, it's just a bit too farfetched back then." Yuta shared. 

 

 

It was hard for Yuta—having to report to two masters and in discreet too is just exhilarating—but when Yuta learned about the possibility of world peace, he immediately complied. 

 

 

 

"So? What made it change then. I'm pretty much sure that Kim Dahyun did something to win over your respect and acknowledgement." Hiro asked, not sparing a glance to him.

 

 

 

"Although Solar is a pretty strict General and even though GD reeks of dark intent, none of the two embedded fear in me. Not until Dahyun fought that fool, Melgrum. He was with the Claws until 3 years ago, he went independent. The eyes Kim Dahyun expressed, showed me what it means to feel fear." Yuta crossed his arms with a shiny big sword strapped on his back. 

 

 

 

 

Yara wasn't able to say anything, she knew her brother is being serious right now but she just can't imagine Dahyun in that way. She'd known the girl as an airheaded lively person that seems to cheer those who are around her. 

 

 

 

Plus, the information about her was too much to take in in just one setting.

 

 

 

"Well, it looks like it would take time before Dahyun can open the gates." Jiro hopped out of the shed and picked up his emerald green ring, "I should make use of the time and train." 

 

 

Hiro just gave him a somehow encouraging smirk while Yara followed Jiro, "If that's the case then I'll take you on!"

 

 

"It looks like you've changed, Hiro." A familiar voice said.

 

 

 

It was the fastest snap of the head Hiro ever did upon hearing the voice of someone who's not supposed to be here.

 

 

"Chungha?!"

 

 

Yuta looked at Hiro and Chungha, picking up the atmosphere, he excused himself.

 

 

"Ahh I'll leave you two be." 

 

 

Hiro stood up, "Why are you here! Vexus deficiency takes up at least half a month to recover!"

 

 

 

"I brought them here, along with your Guild founder." Solar stepped in and gestured her hand to a smiling Yeunwoo walking towards them.

 

 

 

"Yo~hoo! How are you Hiro!"

 

 

 

Hiro shot Solar a questioning look, "But General, why?" 

 

 

 

Solar opened to say somethint but immediately closed it after, "They can speak for themselves." She smiled at them before she left.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, somewhere around the field…

 

 

"I liked you!" 

 

 

Nayeon widened her eyes at the sudden confession. When the younger one told her she has something important to talk to her about, she didn't quite thought of this, especially in this situation.

 

 

"Jeongyeon-ah…" 

 

 

"I know we bicker a lot! I know that sometimes you might mistook my actions as something hateful but believe me when I say, after tons of times denying it, I can finally confrim that I really did liked you back then…that's why…that's why I act towards you like that." 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon knew that Dahyun's not gonna waste time in learning how to open the gates and it would just be in a matter of time before the seven of them enter a literal whole new world they're not familiar of, they're about to go to war with the most gruesome and viscious Clan. 

 

 

 

After the Miting di Avance, Jeongyeon was able to think about other things which included the scenes back in the Yokohama Stadium. Nayeon was controlled by the enemy and of course, the kiss that none of the two cared to discuss up until now.

 

 

 

Nayeon furrowed her eyebrows, "Liked…" It's in past tense. 

 

 

Does that mean Jeongyeon moved on from it already? Is this related to whatever happened back in Yokohama Stadium? Many thoughts raced through Nayeon's head but one thing is for sure: she felt like crying. 

 

 

 

Was her new found feelings rejected before she can even vocal it out?

 

 

 

"Yes, you're right I don't like you anymore. That word is just simply not enough to express it now." Jeongyeon held her head up high, meeting Nayeon's gaze with such intensity. 

 

 

 

Jeongyeon clenched her gauntlet-covered hand , "Lately I've been feeling so frustrated! I wanted to comfort you! Hug you and make you feel alright but even a touch is impossible without the two of us getting hurt and I just.. it's so unfair!"

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon…"

 

 

 

Nayeon is totally speechless right now, she didn't know Jeongyeon's been harboring such a heavy weight on her shoulders. 

 

 

 

"The Contradiction Spell huh, a curse. Even so! What happened back there in Yokohama made me realize how deep I fell already! I got so scared of losing you and I knew. Im Nayeon, I—"

 

 

"Stop!" Nayeon raised her hand, panting. She was indeed overwhelmed with this Jeongyeon. Nayeon doesn't know where the hell Jeongyeon picked up the courage to do this but she can't escape this now, now can she?

 

 

"I know what you're thinking! If you're gonna drop those 3 words, you're not gonna worry about dying anymore and that's just selfish Jeongyeon!" 

 

 

The Sorcerer widened her eyes when Nayeon's eyes glistened and the next thing she knew, tears are already streaming down the older's face.

 

 

 

"I also have tons of things to say to you but right now I used them all up as fuels so that I can look forward to a new tomorrow. With what you're saying now, it seems like you're killing yourself already before it can even begin! No, that's not how you do it Jeong!" Nayeon continued as she gripped the sides of her battle suit.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon's blinks fazed and her hand automatically reacted on its own as it reaches towards Nayeon's cheeks to wipe it off. But then reality just have to hit her earlier and she was able to stop mid-way and retract her hand. 

 

 

 

Nayeon sniffed as she wiped her tears off on her own and faced Jeongyeon once again, "If you're going to say it. Say it properly you jerk! Once this whole mess is over, I will give you my answer. All you need to do is to stay alive."

 

 

 

After almost memorising Nayeon's face, Jeongyeon cracked a small laugh, "I can't believe this. You just threatened me, didn't you?"

 

 

 

Nayeon displayed a hopeful smile.

 

 

"Yeah, so don't be killed or else I'll kill you!"

 

 

~~~

 

"Okay fine, I'll marry you." 

 

 

The young cub choked on her meat and Mina was again, quick to give her a glass of water before it gets worse.

 

 

 

"What the hell Minari?! Where did that come from?!" 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung's skin color immediately changed to red, especially her cheeks which is burning up too. 

 

 

However, contrary to Chaeyoung's flustered visage, Mina kept a straight and determined face on. 

 

 

 

"Mhmm definitely, I am definitely marrying you." Mina tapped her palm with her fist as she made an irreplaceable decision.

 

 

"Y-y-y-y-you didn't even gave me an answer yet!" 

 

 

Mina tilted her head, "Huh? I just gave you one didn't I?"

 

 

Chaeyoung immediately waved her hands in front of the girl, "No, no! I meant…uhh..I am still courting you! 

 

 

"I gave you an answer to that before that Sorcerer attacked Sana, didn't I?" 

 

 

Then Chaeyoung remembered it. Mina telling Nayeon and Sana that they're together was already Mina's answer! 

 

 

 

"HA?! Why didn't you said so! It was so unclear I thought you were just joking." 

 

 

Chaeyoung looked at Mina's flat expression and cleared , "Okay well maybe you aren't the type to joke about things like that but still!"

 

 

Mina sighed and scooted to Chaeyoung's side, grabbing the cub's arm and placed it around her shoulder, "I don't get what's the fuss about Chae, don't you want to marry me in the future?" 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung can't help but get melted at Mina's pure voice, "Of course I'd love to marry you! Who wouldn't? It's just that if you're going to shock me with things like that then I'm afraid I'm not going to live to see tomorrows because of heart attack."

 

 

Mina punched Chaeyoung's side only to receive a light laugh.

 

 

 

"I want 2 kids, it's okay if I'll be the one to carry it." Mina suddenly said.

 

 

 

Speaking of, Chaeyoung almost had her first official heart attack with just that sentence but she's with Mina, truthfully there's nothing to be worried about.

 

 

 

 

"S-s-s-seriously! Where do these come from?!"

 

 

 

Mina smiled and leaned unto Chaeyoung more while intertwining their hands. 

 

 

 

"I just saw a precognition about a promise that was successfully kept and I figured I should give you the opposite of it." She momentarily leaned away to look at Chaeyoung's face and caress it.

 

 

 

"I'm giving you a reason to fight, Chae. I'm telling you to stay alive no matter what. This war, it's about to get real ugly, many will fall and I don't know our future. It's scary but please don't die on me." 

 

 

 

The look on Mina's face made Chaeyoung understo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter