Warmth

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Hyunjin POV~
The last thing i remembered was Jisungie tearing up on me, whatever happened after that was foggy in my memory. And now i see Seungmin beside me, looking at us. He had a cloth in his hand and Jisung's face was wiped from where his dried tear tracks should have been. I didn't know what to think or what to say. Seungmin was standing there, literally just standing there like he was processing what to say or waiting for me to say something. I couldn't think of anything to say but i had to do it fast to escape the awkward silence.

"I-" i managed to choke out before Seungmin cut me off.
"Thanks, Hyunjin ah~" Seungmin smiled at me and gave me a quick side hug and slid out of our room.

"Thanks...?" i wondered deeply why he would thank me. I've always been the one who would pour my feelings out on him, while he had rarely shown any negative emotion, just there listening to me and comforting me. Sometimes i wonder what Seungmin is thinking; what words had not left him. But i feel like Seungmin would be the one who would fully sympathize with Jisungie in his current situation. Sometimes i feel like i want to tell the members about Jisungie having a personal doctor and that he might be more sick than we think, but at the same time, i feel like it isn't the right time to reveal anything about Jisungie and for me to assume things by myself.

'But i just can't shake off that memory of Younghyun hyung handing me his namecard with the message on the back to call him if anything happens to Sungie. That means it's just that bad. Probably even worse than i can possibly think.'

I looked from the empty hallway that Seungmin just left from back to Jisungie's sleeping figure. 'It's been a rough week, hasn't it...?" was all i could mutter out as i caressed his head. Like Sungie said, i think i've grown accustomed to seeing him so weak and tired but at the same time i feel like i should have already taken care of him like this from the start. In that case, maybe he wouldn't have been hurting so bad.

A notification rang from my phone. It was a text from Changbin hyung.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Changbin & Hyunjin's text-
Binnie Hyung : Jinnie~ we're about to order food.

Binnie Hyung : Wanna pop out and tell us yours and Sungie's order?

Me : One popping Jinnie head coming right up~

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I popped my head out the corner from in the room and shout-whispered "Sungie and i will get the same thing we got last time~" i turned back into the room and heard the members giggling in the living room. I giggled at their giggles and slowly returned to Jisungie's side. I sat down on the free space on the bed at his side. I took my time to look at Jisungie, from his skin that had slowly turned paler than when i had first met him to his eyebrows which i had caught on multiple occasions these days being angled downward at the sides. I loosely held the top of his hand as another notification rang in.

It was another text from Changbin hyung.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Changbin & Hyunjin's text-
Binnie Hyung : Jinnie ah~ how's Sungie doing?

Me : Well...I can't lie about this, he has way better days. But he's gonna be alright i think. Or i hope...

Binnie Hyung : Hmm~

Binnie Hyung : Jinnie, thanks for taking care of our Sungie while we were busy being annoyed. Who knows how much more he would have suffered without you... Hyungie here wants to give you a hug~

Me : Well that was out of nowhere...

Me : Binnie hyung, i wanna ask you something but i don't know if i should...

Binnie Hyung : Don't worry about it~ Fire away them questions!

Me : It's a question about Sungie...

Me : Was he always this sick? Like sick to the point he can be bedridden and not wake up no matter how much you try?

Binnie Hyung : Tough question but i don't think so

Binnie Hyung : When Sungie was sick back then, he never told me. Ever.

Binnie Hyung : But i would see Chan hyung passing him meds here and there so i guess it was Chan hyung that kept Jisung away from being in that bad of a state.

Binnie Hyung : But he's been so busy these days, he doesn't have enough time to spare a look to Jisung.

Me : Binnie hyung...i'm scared

Me : I have a feeling that Jisungie is really sick but he's not telling any of us. It was already hard enough for him to ask me to carry him back here

Me : I don't know... maybe you can help keep an eye out for him?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Changbin hyung hadn't replied in a minute, and i heard footsteps coming in the room. I turned to face Changbin hyung who also sat down beside Jisungie.

"I will."
"Did you walk in here just to tell me that, hyung?" Changbin hyung patted my back and nodded. I didn't know what else to say. I wanted to thank him but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"Hyunjin ah~ Sungie has told me about this once, and once only. But just wanna tell it to you in case you are already experiencing or before you experience it, don't listen to the voices in your head. They like to guide you down the wrong lane. Resist it."

I nodded and rubbed my thumb on Jisungie hand for comfort.

"J-Jinnie...? B-Binnie hyung? Why are both of you sitting on the side of the bed back-faced me?"
"Cause you're cute" Changbin hyung pinched Jisungie's cheeks and headed out to the living room but not before ruffling Jisungie's hair.

"Ahh~ i forgot to tell you, Sungie. They ordered food, so i told them to get the same order they got for us last time." i turned to look at Jisung who was covering his face with his hands. His ears were bright pink. He hummed in acknowledgement.

"Sungie? Are you blushing? Why are you blushing?" i giggled as i rubbed his chest.
"Binnie hyung called me cute as i just woke up, and i'm half asleep so i have no idea what's going on. And also cause Jinnie stayed by my side...so i'm touched..."
"Now you're so adorable." i leaned in and cuddled with Sungie as he whined but soon buried himself in my chest.
"So now apparently i'm cute and adorable, who would soon turned into a nightmare when you try to wake him up to eat."
"Why would you become a nightmare why i'm gonna wake you up to eat."
"Cause you'll die of cuteness overload. Beware of the stray squirrel."

~Jisung POV~
The warmth of my members.

The warmth of family.

The warmth of brothers.

If i didn't have the warmth in time, i would probably been gone that morning.


Author's Note
Author-nim : Aight~ guess who's writing has slammed the brakes. Bless my poor Stay soul, i've been hit by three projects in a week (and i haven't completed a single one of them) If i had the choice of having this Stray Kids fic writing as a job, i would gladly take it. First i speed up and i slam the brakes. So sorry i can't keep up my pace...my pace?

No need to rush, my pace
Don’t compare
It’s alright to go slowly
Go on your own path, my lane
Put down your impatience
Just keep looking forward
You ready, let’s go

Nananananana
Just stay in my lane
Nananananana

Author-nim : Did i just copy part of My Pace in? Yes, yes i did. I needa have fun. Haha but i love this fic so i ain't gonna abandon it. Enjoy this and the further chapters. Stay positive and rest well~ Let's all board the train of happiness. This is such a long author's note but haha, it's fun. Peace out~