Minho's View, Seungmin's Determination

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Minho POV~
We could see Changbin weeping from here but we couldn't here what he was saying. I looked over at Felix and his eyes kept switching between the floor and Changbin. Jeongin and Seungmin on the other hand were a teary puddle. "Don't cry~" i attempted to comfort them but they just hugged me with their pouring tears.

"H-Hyung~ i've been so b-bad to J-Jisung hyung..." Jeongin confessed in the cuddly mess he was in.
"Why would you think that?" i looked into his tear-filled glistening eyes.
"Like, i know i run from his h-hugs all the time but after he broke M-Master Lee's mug, i kept thinking to myself that it's all his f-fault...i b-blamed him so hard within myself...and even when S-Seungmin hyung told me he didn't mean it...i still blamed him...and i noticed i never h-hugged him myself...he looks so l-lonely, hyung..."
"It's alright~ at least you know now Jeongin ah~ but don't be too obvious, we don't want him finding out and get reminded that his family is gone..." Jeongin buried his face in my shoulder and weeps silently.

"B-But Minho hyung...where is your m-mum...? I've never h-heard you talk about her before...Is s-she-" i cut Felix off before his mind runs wild.
"She's alive, don't worry. Mum is just sick so she's been hospitalised for a long time. I know someone there that takes care of her so i talk to her over the phone occasionally."
"Thank god..." Seungmin muttered under his breath.
"Oh...why don't you ever talk about her though? I've never heard you mention her before..." Felix shuffled over to sit closer after calming down from his mind storm.
"Because i don't want to remind Jisung that she might leave us any day in case anything happens to her. Jisung knew her before she got sick, he's almost as attached to her as he is to me. He visited her a few times before but he always broke down in Dad and my arms."

The edges of Felix's eyebrows tilted downwards and a pout form on his face, eyes red from holding in his tears.

"You know...sometimes i feel like the more i try to help Sungie, the more he'll put on a mask and assure us that he's okay...even if he's cracking and breaking behind it..." Seungmin and Jeongin loosened the hug and went beside Felix to continue listening to me while looking like a trainwreck.

"When i opened the door that day, it was the most horrifying sight. I panicked so much, it was Dad's only gift i knew then that was left for me. Hatred blinded me then, but now when i look back, Sungie on his knees picking up the pieces. And who knows if he ever got cut by it... At that time, i really didn't care. I couldn't even think of how devastated he felt for breaking that. When i saw him sleeping on the couch the next morning, i didn't even think whether he was comfortable or not. All i thought about in that moment was why was he there. Then when we went to the zoo, all i could think about was him and the mug. I told Chan hyung i knew it wasn't his fault, but deep inside i felt like i should never reconcile with him even if it was for the sake of the team." i paused for a while to sigh and look at the three members with pouty faces listening to me.

"But being at the zoo made me forget things for a while and just relax. After that we went to buy food and Chan hyung wanted to call Jisungie but took so long to find his number so i just took his phone and typed it in. I felt conflicted then, and a bit sour about how things turned from white to black. Then Chan hyung suddenly said out loud that Hyunjin was carrying Jisung. At that moment, i felt uneasiness flow inside of me. I seriously feared for Sungie's life, cause he always carries everyone else but never gets carried. I went back and forth from why should i care to is he alright? On the road back home, i kept thinking back to when we were always stuck together like glue and always took care of one another. We reached the outside of out apartment entrance, and i heard Chan hyung call out to Hyunjin."

Felix looked on the floor like her was replaying the moment he saw Jisung cradled in Hyunjin's arms in his mind. I ruffled his hair and continued.

"I honestly have never seen Jisung that weak before, the sight scared me. My eyes didn't want to look at him but i felt the need to glance at him every now and then. Then on it scared me to look at him, he looked like he would shut his eyes and not open them again. It freaked me out. I hated him but something inside of me said that it wasn't worth it. I was so grateful to know that Hyunjin was there for Jisung when he took him to the hospital, at least there was someone there for him. That night, i spent an hour thinking about whether i should forgive him before sleeping. Then i dreamed of Dad, and i'm glad i did. Dad reminded me the importance of the role as his older brother just by saying 'it's just a mug'. The morning after i went to make it up with him, and even though it started with him attempting to run away and almost falling, it all ended well."

"You are so strong, hyung..." Seungmin whispered. I looked at him. Even while looking like a train wreck after crying for a while, he gave a kind and warm smile. Felix and Jeongin followed, and we had a group hug.

"I'm glad you told us all this, hyung. It tells us a lot more about what you think that we couldn't see." Jeongin giggled softly.

~Seungmin POV~
Minho hyung told us the whole story from the start of the fallout until the making up process. My heart ached just thinking about them. Hyung said that he hated Jisung for a period of time to the point he didn't even want to make up, but after seeing Jisung so weak, hyung said he feared for Jisung's life. It reminded me how bonded we are but also told me how close Jisung is to hyung and how much he means to him.

That night when i came out to greet them at the door, i didn't expect Jisung to be carried by Hyunjin. And he looked so weak and tired as compared to his usual self, but he still assured me he was okay. It freaked me out then on. I started thinking if he was okay, and i thought back to every moment he smiled. I tried to analyze his smile to see past his mask, but i couldn't notice anything.

I felt relieved to know that even when all of us were mad at him, for some reason Hyunjin decided to look past his anger and take care of Jisung while all of us weren't even in the house. Hearing Jeongin being confused on whether he was supposed to blame or not blame Jisung was a saddening sight. I even question myself that night when it happened, why was i mad at Jisungie? I can't even imagine the emotions he would have felt then and there. All he could see were s walking away, not helping or comforting him. Even though i slept later than i usually did that night, i didn't feel anything when i didn't hear him come into the room, which he didn't.

On the morning after, i saw Jisungie sleeping on the couch. I then slowly questioned myself why i got mad, then decided to forgive him. It was hard to take my eyes off his hand that was twitching ever so slighting when he breathed. I walked over and held his hand until it stopped twitching and laid it down to his side. He felt warm, warmer than usual but not to the point of a fever. At that moment, i hoped that it wouldn't progress into a fever. I was about to walk off then i noticed Jisungie's foot had a slightly deep cut that i'm assuming was sloppily patched up by himself. I cleaned it up and patched it up nicely with enough tension for the wound to close up by itself. I went in our room and looked through his wardrobe for his socks, i took a pair and put it on for him. Something told me he didn't want anyone else to see his wound. I rubbed his chest softly, ruffled his hair, and started my day before going to school.

The night Hyunjin carried Jisung home, i kept my urge to panic and run everywhere surpressed within myself. Though i guess it show in my expression since Jisungie poked me and reassured me. It made me sad thinking about how he could see through me but i couldn't see through him. When Hyunjin confessed he briefly lied for Jisungie, it made me realised how much Hyunjin was willing to do for Jisung. But it also made me think how often had Jisung lied on him own. When they slept that night, it was the most soothing thing ever to hear them breathing one after another.

When i heard Minho hyung forgave him, i felt happy for Jisungie. At least he had one less thing to worry about. But after thinking about everything, i was determined to check on Jisung every now and then. I felt the need to check on him even if he was alright. He need the love and care, and if i can be of any help, i will.

"You are so strong, hyung..." i whispered. I felt the need to say it, it felt the need for Minho hyung to know. Minho hyung looked at me. I gave Minho hyung a kind and warm smile that he deserved. Felix and Jeongin followed, and we had a group hug.

"I'm glad you told us all this, hyung. It tells us a lot more about what you think that we couldn't see." Jeongin giggled softly. I'm glad Jeongin doesn't look conflicted anymore.

Changbin hyung suddenly stood up and shouted out "HAN JISUNG YOU BIG DUMBO, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SO STOPPED BEATING YOURSELF UP AND START TO LOVE YOURSELF MORE THAN YOU LOVE US!!!"

All the members that were there looked up at Changbin hyung like he was a psycho with a knife at first but all of us including Changbin hyung himself broke into a smile after he finished.

Chan hyung stood up and hooked his arm over Changbin hyung's shoulder "Should we head back now? Let's take all take a break today. And you Changbin~ let's procrastinate today and write tomorrow."

We all smiled and packed up our things. All thinking about our precious squirrel brother who would spend the rest of his lifetime making us happy.

But i wanted to do more for him, i wanted him to feel the love he deserved from us. And i don't know who thinks the same, but i'm gonna take the first step. For him.