Answered Questions, Hidden Answers

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Hyunjin POV~
My arms were tired, but i wasn't about to just let Jisung wake up and walk by himself. I don't know what sickness he had and how sick he is, but considering how Younghyun hyung is like his personal doctor, it must be bad. What i wanted to know was why would Jisung hide this from us. I haven't even thought of how to explain to Chan hyung and the rest. But for now, at least Jisung has me to carry him back. He's so tired, i don't even know if he would wake up to eat.

Jisung snuggled close to my neck, rubbing his hair against it.

"Jisung ah~ are you cold?"
"Hmm...not cold, Hyunjin is warm. I'm hungry, i crave jjampong with chicken legs..."
"Chan hyung called just now, i told him to buy that for you."
"Nice...Hyunjin is the best..." Jisung laughed softly, turn his head and tucks it in between my neck and my chest.
"Won't your neck hurt if you sleep like that?"
"Nope...it won't...because it's Hyunjin...it's not crammed..."

I can't even get tired of rubbing his back. It was so soft, not just his clothes above, but also his skin under. The remaining walk back to the dorm took not much longer than 20 mins. I arrived at the front of the apartment.

"Hyunjin?" i turned to the voice which belonged to Chan hyung. Behind him was Changbin hyung, Felix, and most noticably Minho hyung who didn't seem to know where to look. He was looking in all directions but stopping a few times to look at Jisung's direction. Like, you could tell he wasn't looking at me, but at Jisung.
Changbin hyung jogged over with Felix and put a hand on Jisung's back. "What's wrong with him?" he looked sad. They all looked sad. Even Minho looked sad to a point. Chan hyung walked over with the other two and said "Let's ask the questions after we go in..." he patted Changbin and Felix on their shoulders. Everyone headed in, with Chan hyung in front, opening the dorm door.

"We're back~" Chan hyung announced as Seungmin and Jeongin peeked their heads out of their own rooms. They skipped over to greet us (and their dinner) then turned to look at me.
"Who is that you're carrying?" Seungmin questioned at a distance. I turned around to show them Jisung's face which was flipping over to rub his ear on my shoulder.
"Jisungie? What's he doing on you? Why are you carrying him? Where did you guys meet?"
"Long story Hyunjin said...arms tired Hyunjin said...hungry we all say..." Jisung poked Seungmin's face who came closer to look at him. "I'm okay...don't look at me like that..." Everyone exchanged weird looks and they went in to set up dinner while i put Jisung's medicine in his drawer and headed to the living room.

"Hyunjin ah..."
"Hmm? What is it, Jisung ah?"
"You're a weird person..."
"Why would you say that?"
"Because you would protect me. Because you would lie for me. Because you're here for me." Jisung straightened up and hugged me.
"Then let me be the weirdest person in the world. Then you won't be alone anymore." i could feel him giggling beside my ear.

~Minho POV~
I felt so conflicted. The last time i felt this conflicted was when they called to tell me that Dad was dead. When i came back from New York, i had to send Dad off. Jisung was missing for weeks and everyone spread all over his favourite hangout spots to find him. I didn't bother listening to the policeman but i heard that Jisung was the witness to Dad's hit-and-run accident. I had a feeling i knew where he would be. I gathered everyone to tell hem to stop looking and that i found him. Even without seeing him with my own eyes there first, i knew he would be there. Dad meant almost everything to him after his parents were taken from him in a seperate hit-and-run accident. We arrived at where Dad was buried, and we found him. He was in front of Dad's grave shaking and crying with his face close to the grass.

I couldn't stand that sight. Jisung, the person that could be counted as my last family member breaking down in front of my actual last family member.

Then yesterday, he had to break the last thing Dad left me. The last thing i could remember him by. I hated Jisung. My memories of Dad started flashing past. But i don't like seeing Jisung hurt. I don't want to care about him but i keep thinking about him. Maybe i should forgive him?

'Hate him! He is the reason Dad's last momento was destroyed! He does not deserve your care! He deserves to be hurt! He deserve all the pain! He does not deserve forgiveness from you!'

A voice deafened me. It played with my thoughts. It carved it's thoughts into mine. But at least, i get to keep some of my own.

~Changbin POV~
We set up dinner in the living room and i went over to call Hyunjin and Jisung to come. I peeked through their room door to see Jisung hugging Hyunjin while he carries Jisung. I was glad, that at least Jisung has someone he can turn to. Or at least i thought so. "It's time to eat, we're done setting up." Jisung showed me a victory sign and they came out.

Hyunjin sat on the floor and let Jisung's back lean on his chest. Jisung looked so sleepy, like as if he was about to fall into his bowl if Hyunjin didn't hold him up. "Alright, let's eat" Chan gave the starting line for the rest to dive for their utensils and dig into their food. Hyunjin held Jisung up and they both ate their own food themselves. Jisung's hand were shaking and he was getting annoyed. Hyunjin put down his own and took Jisung's and started to feed him. Jisung smiled.

"Changbin hyung, aren't you gonna eat?" i turned to Felix who was looking at me with a worried expression. I patted his head "I'm going to now, don't worry."

'I'm glad i have someone to care about me, like how Hyunjin cares about Jisung'

~Chan POV~
We ate for like five minutes and we were slowing down our eating speed. I decided this was the timing to fire our questions.

"So Hyunjin ah, where did you find Jisung? And i thought Jisung was supposed to have gone done something?"
"I found him on the way back from the hospital. He was on a bench and he was tired so i just carried him."
"What? Why would he be on a bench in the first place?"
"I'm right here you know." everyone attention directed to Jisung who still looked like he was about to sleep. "Fever...hospital...Hyunjin...carry...yay~" he showed us a thumbs up.
"Fever? You were sick since morning? Why didn't you tell us?" Changbin held Jisung's arm.
"Because you guys were gonna have fun. It's so rare to have time for that."

We sat in the awkward silence for who knows how long until Hyunjin spoke "Mmn...i lied, we went together. I waited for him, he called me and i carried him back."
"Why would you lie about that?" i asked him, dumbfounded that he lied.
"Because Jisung doesn't like you guys to worry. I don't like you guys to worry." Hyunjin backhugged Jisung as Jisung laid the back of his head on him.
"Well that's a lot to take in..." i commented.

And for the fact Hyunjin just lied, i don't even know if he's hiding anything from us. At the same time, we don't know if Jisung is hiding anything from us.

"I think we're all tired tonight. Let's just wash up and go to bed. I'll take care of the dishes and trash" Changbin said as he slid over to the kitchen with his utensils and trash. We all washed up and went to sleep. Jisung slept on Hyunjin's bed with him. But a thought hit me, during the conversation at the dinner table, i never got to look at Minho's expression. I wonder how he felt.

~Minho POV~
Everyone went to sleep, i'm starting to fall asleep too.

'I know it wasn't your fault. But the voices are drowning me. I hate that you're sick. I'm happy that Hyunjin is taking care of you. But i hope you aren't hiding anything from even the one you turn to.'

I'm happy the surviving thoughts are here to keep me sane.