Better Than Before

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Jisung POV~
"I don't want this anymore...let me go...let the pain consume me..." i muttered out.

This hurt, this pain. It's been going on for so long. I had just hoped it would take me away forever so i don't have to suffer anymore. No more hurt, no more pain, no more suffering. Then i can meet Dad, Mum, and Master Lee. Then i don't have to live with the guilt of not being able to save them. It definitely should have been me, not Master Lee to go. Minho hyung should've have had to live without his father around. It should have been me...it should have been...

I felt Chan hyung's warmth enter from the side as he pulls Changbin hyung and i into his arms, embracing us while not knowing what just happen and why it happened. Chan hyung put his hand on the back of my head and rubbed it slowly. I shifted to look at Chan hyung as Changbin hyung loosened his embrace. "...hyung..." i managed to squeak out before tears filled my eyes again and i fell into his arms. I felt so tired, so hurt, but so helpless as i made eye contact with Chan hyung. I wasn't ready to tell him just yet.

"Jisung ah, hyung doesn't know what just happened to you, but don't be afraid, hyung is always here for you." Chan hyung carried me off the chair and onto the sofa on the other side of the room, with Changbin hyung's footsteps following close behind. Chan hyung patted my back as Changbin hyung hummed a familiar tune from 'Grow Up' making me a bit drowsy after everything that just happened. "Jisung ah, let's just take a nap for a while, shall we?" Chan hyung whispered and i mumbled something incoherent and fell asleep.

~Chan POV~
I continued patting Jisung's back after he fell asleep to make sure he actually sleeps. I don't know what happened but i know he must be exhausted for now. I looked over to Changbin and he looked like he was about to tear up while looking at Jisung, his humming stopped after choking up. "Changbin? Don't cry, i don't know what's wrong with Jisung but he's gonna be fine." He nods and moves closer to lean his head on my shoulder. He moves Jisung's legs to rest atop his thighs "I don't know if h-he's going to tell you, hyung. But if h-he does, please don't get mad at h-him for not telling you. Just love h-him the same..."

"I will, Changbin ah. Don't cry. I promise i won't get mad at him. You should take a nap too. Let's all take a nap." i heard Changbin hum and relax on my shoulder. I spent maybe another 20 minutes looking at Jisung's sleeping face and feeling both of them breathe against me before i drifted off to sleep.

...............................................................

I awoke to Jisung moving around below me, and i looked down to see him freshly awake. Upon noticing that both Changbin and i had awoken to the movement, he laid back onto my chest and whispered "...hi..." i smiled at the sight and patted his head before whispering back "Hey...how's our baby squirrel feeling..." "Better than before...it was worse than the usual..." Jisung got up and sat down in between Changbin and i "...i-i think we need to talk about it...i don't want hyung to keep witnessing this without knowing anything...i...i need more help...Bin hyung's not gonna always be there for me...i don't want you to end up blaming yourself...i don't wanna die..." "Don't worry, Jisung ah. Hyung will help you. I'm here. We're here." Changbin hummed in acknowledgement and held Jisung's left hand, rubbing he back of it with his thumb.

Jisung proceeded to tell me everything, from the car accident to the injury. I couldn't help but ask "Is it really bad? Do you need to visit the hospital?" Jisung looked up at me, then back down to his legs "It's bad, it hurts but i have to live like this. I already went to get checked up the last time i went to the hospital with Jinnie. My doctor hyung said i won't...be able to live long if i keep forgetting to refill my meds...and if i don't get checked up on when i get sick..."

I turned to face Jisung and held his face up to look at me "It'll be alright. Now you have two hyungs to help you. Hyung won't let you be sick when you're alone. Okay?" "Mmn...okay..." he nods, and i let go, ruffling his hair softly.

"Do you guys wanna get back to writing or...?" Jisung asked cautiously. "Let's just pack up and get you home. We can continue another day. For now, you need your rest." "Okay.."

We packed our things and walked out of the producing room, leaving the company, and headed back to the dorm. Walking for awhile, Changbin and i turned to the middle to see Jisung swaying around and dragging his feet. Changbin took little time to pick Jisung off the ground and continue the walk back. Jisung did not even object to it, instead laying down on Changbin's shoulder and closing his eyes.

Reaching the dorm, we enter and lay Jisung on Hyunjin's bed, then we go to our room to unpack our things. Changbin had been silent ever since we left the company, i wondered if he was keeping anything from me. Warmth was what i felt before registering in my mind that Changbin had just hugged me out of nowhere.

"Thank you, hyung. Thank you. Sung was brave today. Thank you for not getting mad at him." he muttered.

I hummed and hugged him back.

I was happy that i got to help Jisung today.

I was happy that he opened up to me and told me everything.

But how much longer would i be happy for...

I didn't want to find out...

But i eventually would...