6:00 AM

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

Jisung awoke to a body filled with pain. The time on his phone read '3:00 am'. Confused, he stepped out of his room and walked toward the kitchen, ignoring the stinging pain under his foot. He looked around, found some painkillers, consumed them with his half-open eyes. He walked back to his room only to stumble midway onto the floor.

"It burns, my head hurts, my chest burns, my stomach churns..." he mutters.

He decided he can't make it back to his room, so he crawled his way to the couch and let his sleepiness takeover.

~ 6:00 am ~

Jisung heard the front door closing. 'Ahh...it must be the kids going to school.' he thought to himself.

"You go tell him."
"What? Why me?"
"Just do it."

Jisung could hear every part of that conversation between Minho and Chan in his half-awake state, only to be fully awoken by Minho who kicks him on the side which sends him flinging up and crouching over the other way.

"*Cough* What was that for-" Jisung froze as his eyes met with Minho's "I'm sorry, I'll get up." Jisung's eyes shook and he hurriedly slid in the toilet.

"I said to wake him up and make up, not kick him Minho."
"Mug..."
Chan sighed and hugged Minho whose tears began to fall.

Jisung washed his face, turned off the water, and looked into the mirror.

What he saw wasn't himself. He saw someone in the reflection, someone filled with regrets, someone tied down by chains, someone being consumed by the darkness, but he couldn't recognise himself, the bright smile was nowhere to be seen. The sight of his reflection made him want to puke but he held it in.

'You're useless, look at the mess you made, everyone is mad at you'

Jisung looked up to find the voice, only to see his reflection. His hands begun to shake, one grasping his chest, one holding his stomach. He ran over to the toilet which he began to vomit in.

"Jisung? You alright?" Chan was stood beside him patting his back.

'It's fine as long as Chan hyung still likes me', he thought to himself.

"Yea I'm alright, just ate something wrong I guess"
"Do you wanna go to see a doctor?"
"Nah, I'm fine hyung, thanks."

Jisung stood up, cleaned up after himself and hugged Chan, who in turn hugged back.

"I just wanted to tell you, it's our day off, I wanted to ask if you wanted to go out with us but I guess you're staying home."
"Ahaha...i don't think I can get anywhere in the state that I'm in."
Chan caressed the younger's head, "I won't let you out even if you wanted to."
"Chan hyung, if the rest asks, can you just make up an excuse for me, I don't want them to know their troublemaker is sick, they'll be mad."
"Don't worry, I'll help you." Chan kissed Jisung on his forehead and walked him back to his room penguin-style unbeknownst to Minho.


"Chan hyung? Where's Jisung? Isn't he coming with us?" Changbin questioned.
"He says he has something to do, he can't come with us today. I guess we have to go without him" Chan replied without batting an eye.
Changbin scratches his head, unable to think whether to be mad or sad that he won't be able to go out with Jisung on their day off. His heart itched even when he was annoyed at Jisung, no matter how annoyed and mad he was, Changbin couldn't get himself to hate Jisung, but at the same time, he also couldn't bring himself to talk things out. He had a problem expressing himself to the younger boy.

"I guess let's head out then." Chan announced as he put his arm around Minho's shoulder as he wiped the remaining tears off.

The dorm door closed, and Jisung was left in the silence of the house.

What followed was his vision and consciousness fading into a dream he never wanted to have. A Nightmare.