Carry Me Back Home

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Hyunjin POV~
That one phonecall i waited for, took what felt like forever to come. I started to zone out while staring at the clock in front of me, ticking slowly to the next second. The autumn air made me want to just fall asleep. Just then, i felt a vibration from my pocket. I got excited, thinking it was from Jisung. I took out my phone and looked at the screen "Seungminnie"

'Hmm? Why would Seungmin be calling me now?'

"Yea? What's up Seungmin?"
"Hyunjin ah, where are you? I thought you wanted to rest in the dorm. Where did you go?"
"Ohh, i went to a hospital."
"WHATTTT??? Are you sick? Are you hurt?" Seungmin's scream nearly deafened my ear before i even had time to explain to him.
"Calm down Seungmin ah. I'm just here to get medicine. Our medicine cabinet is clearing up. I'm stocking up before the season change gets to us."
"Ohhh...that's good. See you back at the dorm~"
"See you~"

I laid back down on my seat and sighed. Staring back at the clock, slowly awaiting for him.

~Jisung POV~
The first thing i see when i open my eyes, the familiar ceiling i haven't seen for a while these days. My body ached. It didn't hurt anymore, it just ached.

"Ughh i hate this..."
"I know you do. Seems like we need some explaining done here." I turned to see Younghyun hyung not far from his office bed which i was lying on. He seemed a little sulky.

I tried sitting up to talk but my body didn't seem to have enough energy to do that. Younghyun walked over with a chair and sat on it beside me "You don't have to get up, i'm listening."
"So erm...where do it start...?"
"I don't know, maybe the part why your bottles are empty a month earlier than expected?"
"Ohh...it's been hurting a lot more these days, so i kept taking them."
"Okay i get that, so i'm assuming you didn't even have any to help your situation just now. Anything else you hadn't told me yet?"
"I had a fever and couldn't wake up from it about maybe a few hours ago?"

He sighed "You're not going to live for long if you keep this up. How am i gonna show my face to Master Lee if that happens?" He leaned on the bed with his head on my belly. "Jisung ah...please take care of yourself. I'm gonna let you go home after the IV drip finishes since i know even if i leave you here, you are going to run away."

"How do i get home though...i can't even sit up now."
"Call that someone who's waiting for your phonecall. Considering you've been out cold for 4 hours, he must've been waiting for a while. I've already refilled your bottles, they're on the table beside you. Don't forget to take them. I'm going to get medicine for your fever. Go ahead and call him, i'll be back soon. Tell him it's alright to come in here, i'll inform the front desk." he walked out of the room after shuffling my hair as i slowly picked up my phone and called Hyunjin.

~Hyunjin POV~
'Ugh...i feel like taking a nap. It feels like the perfect temperature for it.' I felt my phone vibrate again. I slowly looked at the screen "Jisungie" 'Finally'

"What's up Jisung. You ready?"
"Hyunjin ah...i erm...need a little help here"
"Mmn what do you need help with?"
"Getting home"

The awkward silence filled our ears, as i thought of something to say.

"Younghyun hyung said it was okay for you to come in his office to get me, he already told the front desk. But...can you carry me all the way back to the dorm?"
"...Jisung ah, even if i can't i will. Where are you, i'll come over"
"Hehe...remember where we parted ways? Facing the way i went, you need to walk straight until you reach a wall. Then turn left then right then left..."
"Then it's just another lobby."
"Bingo...haha, if you can see Kang Younghyun on the label of the door, that's the one."

"KANG YOUNGHYUN" was written in big word right in front of me, hard to miss at this distance.

~Jisung POV~
The door opened. Hyunjin came in and looked around before landing his eyes on me. "Jisung ah..."

I stretched my hand out towards him. He walked over and grabbed my hand, swinging it side to side. "You don't look very good."

"I haven't been for a long time..."
"Since when..."
"Master Lee..."
"Ohhh..." Hyunjin leaned in and wrapped his arms around me.

The door opened again. Younghyun hyung came back with the fever meds. "Looks like i'm ruining a moment here."

"Hyung..."
"Don't look at me like that. I'm already letting you go home."

Younghyun hyung shuffled Hyunjin's hair "I'm counting on you."
"Mmn"
"Seems like the IV drip finished. I'm gonna take it out and patch him up, then you guys can head home."

Hyunjin nodded and went off to the other corner of the room and waited as he watched me. Younghyun hyung patched me up in no time, and signalled Hyunjin to come over. "Hope you'll make me proud" Younghyun hyung patted Hyunjin on the back and they both gave each other a meaningful smile. Hyunjin pulled me up and carried me frontside facing him.

We gave our goodbyes to Younghyun hyung and headed home.

Hyungjin had a free hand which he used to rub my back. It was warm. I was sad. After what happened yesterday, i don't feel like i deserve the warmth.

'Of course you don't deserve the warmth. You don't deserve any love, any care, anyone. Continue messing up. One day, Hyunjin and Chan hyung will give up on you' the voice drowned out my surroundings. It felt like it was cutting into me. It felt so cold.

As if he heard the voice too "Don't worry Jisung ah. I'll always be here. I won't leave you."
"Hyunjin ah..."
"Hmm?"
"Thanks...for carrying me back..."
"Ask me as many times as you like, i'll do it again."
"Mmn...i'm sleepy..."
"Go ahead and sleep. I'll put you to bed later."
"Mmn...thank Hyunjin ah..."

I couldn't lie to myself. I wanted Hyunjin to be there for me. And i needed him to be there for me.