Guilt / Waiting For Him

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Seungmin POV~
Rise...fall...rise...fall... my eyes have been staring at Jisung's chest for the past hour, or two, or more. I finally felt calm, yet a bit numb. I laid my head beside his belly, shifting closer to feel his body heat closer to mine. My hand hasn't let go of his ever since i held it, and i didn't plan on releasing it until he wakes up. Weirdly, i felt my eyes burn and my vision started to blur. 

'Am i.......crying...?'

I guess i still felt the guilt from not realizing what was wrong sooner and saving him from all this extra suffering he didn't need to go through. A day? An hour? A minute? Even seconds earlier, and i might have prevented this from happening. I would have been able to stop it before it happened. All because i couldn't tell....all because i.....

A warm hand squeezed my shoulder. I whipped my head around to the owner of the hand. There stood Minho hyung, smiling as he wiped away my tear tracks with thumb.

"It's not your fault. We don't blame you. And he definitely doesn't." he whispered softly.
"B-But-" 
"Don't blame yourself, Seungmin. Don't." he reached over and grazed Jisung's arm with the back of his hand "He would say the same thing. He won't want you to blame yourself. On the other hand, he'd blame himself for being like this causing you to blame yourself. Do you want to see a sad Jisung?"
"No...no, i don't"

Minho hyung chuckled, turning around and walking back into the side room with the door open. When was he in there? I scrambled for my phone with my free hand. Upon unlocking it, the clock read 8:30pm. It had been six and a half hours ever since we brought Jisung here and him lying there with me sitting here. I turned to look around the room, the members other than me, Jisung, and Minho hyung were scattered all over 3 patient mattresses placed on the floor. Felix had his head on Changbin hyung's chest and were both asleep. Chan hyung was curled up by himself in the middle of the mattress, i wonder how he would've felt if i was laying right beside him. Then at last, my eyes landed on Hyunjin and Jeongin. 

They were sitting upright facing me. Jeongin's head laying on Hyunjin's shoulder, while Hyunjin just sat there looking down and playing with his fingers.

"Jin ah." i whisper shouted, and Hyunjin looked up and into my eyes. Jeongin stood and pulled Hyunjin up, both grabbing a chair to sit on each of my sides.

"When did you wake up, hyung?" Jeongin asked, head titling sideways.
"I slept? Like a minute or two ago?"
"Nah hyung, you didn't sleep but you were staring at Jisung hyung for so long that you didn't move, it was like you were asleep with your eyes open."
"Oh yeah, what happened to Minho hyung? Why's he in that room?" Hyunjin giggled upon hearing the question. I tilted my head in confusion.
"You really were basically asleep with your eyes open. Minho hyung wanted to ask a question but he started squeezing his arm and looked uncomfortable. Then Younghyun hyung pulled him in that room. Then he came out later to tell us Minho hyung went to sleep, emphasizing the fact that he didn't sedate hyung."

Hyunjin laid down near Jisung's chest, rhythmically patting it. He sighed, "This is awfully relaxing yet numbing at the same time."

I understood the feeling, and it hurt. But it felt somewhat good that i wasn't feeling this alone.

"Hyung, want us to tell you about the info we got?"
"Yeah sure."
"Jisung hyung was the original target of Master Lee's murderer. He was supposed to be dead."
"What...?" I was so taken aback by just a few words which held more depth behind it.
"Master Lee saved Jisung hyung in the nick of time but sacrificing himself in the process. So whatever happened to Jisung hyung was an injury, not a sickness."
"Wow...that's a lot to take in..."
"Oh Jeongin isn't done yet."
"Yeap, also, Younghyun hyung who is Jisung hyung's doctor is also Master Lee's family friend, thanks to the fact his brother, Kang Yieun is Minho's mum's doctor."

I took my time, letting my brain slowly process what i just heard. With the hand i held Jisung's, i rubbed the back of Jisung's hand with my thumb. It soothed me more than anything, calming my nerves as i soak everything in.

A groan, then a soft coughing fit followed. All three of us turned our heads to face the owner of the noises, Jisung, frowning and slowly opening his eyes. 

"...oung...yun...hyun..." he mumbled with the tube in his throat obstructing his words.

Within 3 seconds, Younghyun hyung disappeared from his seat and reappeared beside us, nearly freaking us off our chairs.

"Yeah i'm here. I'm going to take it out. Bear with it, it'll be over soon." Younghyun hyung reassured him. Supposedly, whatever Jisung just mumbled out was him trying to call Younghyun hyung, in which he understood. We were fascinated.

"You boys might want to join your members over there first. I'll call you guys over after i'm done." we nodded and removed all our chairs and went to sit on the mattresses with the other members. Younghyun hyung drew the curtains and all we could see were their shadows.

A little groan, a soft coughing fit, followed by soft whining. Then Younghyun hyung's shadow sat Jisung up, hugged and consoled him. The soft noises attracted Minho hyung out from the side room and he peeked from a little space between the door frame and door that he just opened slightly. I gestured him to come over and he did, pouncing on the four sleeping members. All four jumped up, nearly shouted, but slapped their hands over their mouths in unison. Then their eyes looked at the two shadows. One hurt, one consoling.

We all sat there staring at the two shadows for a long while.

Waiting for him.