Dad 아빠

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Minho POV~
Mum and i stared at the doorway where Yieun hyung was, behind him stood Dad, who we remember very well was dead for the past half a year. This was absurd, this can't be it. Dad was dead, that can't be him, there was no way it was him. Even Yieun hyung looked like he didn't know what was happening, also partially looking like he was about to faint from seeing a ghost, which was very likely considering everything that happened.

"H-Hakkie? B-But it can't be, y-you're dead...how..." Mum got off me and the bed, and walked over to who i think is Dad.

At this point, i'm just doubting my eyes and denying the entire situation. After all, it was impossible for the dead to be revived after being buried in a coffin deep down into the earth. But Mum could touch him, he was real. In that case, that man standing there might just be a lookalike. I didn't like this situation. I miss Dad, but i didn't like this at all.

~Chan POV~
He came. Minho's mum looked like she couldn't believe her eyes. But her reaction was to be expected of, Master Lee had been dead for as long as they've known. And you could very well tell that Minho denied the entire thing happening, he probably even hated the situation. Minho couldn't take it any longer and scratched at his collarbone harder than i've ever seen him do. I tried to grab his hand but he flinched away, effectively pushing my hand aside. Yieun hyung noticed this and walked over to restrain Minho's hands with his own. 

With nothing to scratch himself with now, Minho proceeded to grit his teeth while staring his father down.

"It's a long story..." Minhak, Minho's dad, or who i know as Master Lee sighed.

"It better be a good one..." Minho growled.

His parents looked at their son, as his expression was dripping with anger. Even while weak sitting on a hospital bed, he still looked like he could take down everyone in the room if he wanted to, which he probably planned to. Then, his tears flowed like an open tap, breaking into sobs as he held on to Yieun hyung like his life depended on it. Master Lee held his wife's hand and walked over to his son, eyes masking the guilt he held. They sat down next to him and Yieun hyung, and Master Lee took him to his own arms. Minho wrapped his arms around his father and his hands gripped the back of the shirt tightly, as if he would disappear the next second.

"D-Do you have any i-idea how much p-pain you put J-Jisung through...? He b-blamed himself so m-much for your d-death...he said he w-wished he was the one...that got h-hit...Look at w-what you did..." Minho pounded on his father's back while his father held him close.

"I know...i know...i'll tell you guys what happened now..." his father hushed him whilst still comforting him.

Then he began telling them what happened. The story that i already knew.

Everything happened like we've recently found out, Master Lee and Jisung crossed a road like how Minho and Jisung did, and a car sped towards Jisung aiming to kill him, before Master Lee used himself as a human shield and took the bigger blow. Then after, Jisung was admitted in the hospital for his injuries. The doctor in charge was Younghyun hyung. Here was the part i've heard from Master Lee himself, Jisung had been taken care of by Younghyun ever since his parents died, for asthma. Jisung had never made it obvious that he had asthma but now all the times he went to the toilet during breaks made sense.

Here's where it gets crazy, Master Lee never died. He was only placed in an ICU that was identity protected by the police where one of his friends worked. They kept him in there when they had a bad feeling about the entire ordeal and felt it was more than a one person job. So after he recovered, he laid low and lived in a warehouse with heavy security. So even though the culprit had been caught, his accomplice didn't have the chance to kill him. 

The one time he left the warehouse was when he intruded the dorm and whispered to Minho and Jisung in their sleep, in his words "Trying to manipulate my message into their dreams." The only reason i knew he was alive was because i came home late and we met at the door. I was so surprised that i nearly hit him on impulse. That was when he gave me his number for his burner phone which he used to tell me information on.

Then just an hour ago, Master Lee called me to tell me that the culprit had escaped prison, it was likely that his accomplice worked in the force and had passed on information that Minho and Jisung were out together, distracting the security with a schemed riot. It was proved too late when the car had already sped through the town and was now heading for them. Somewhat luckily, Jisung pushed them both out of harm's way but his PTSD might have been triggered along with his asthma putting his health into the red zone.

The only good part about this was that the culprit's accomplice, who was one of the prison officers was busted and jailed, waiting for his trials. The culprit himself was as how my eyes saw, he perished in the burning car amidst the flames. This was the reason Master Lee could finally come out of hiding and be with his family.

Minho's mum teared up, knowing her husband had went through a lot. Minho was still choking back his sobs, finally showcasing how much he missed his father. Yieun hyung had the sad eyebrows, smiling at the family's reunion.

Yieun hyung received a call, the ringtone scaring everyone in the room, effectively stopping Minho's sobs and turning them into hiccups. His father smiled and patted Minho's back.

"Youngie's done. I'll head there first in case he tries to take you down. He doesn't know yet but when he does, he's going to be real mad." Yieun hyung warned Master Lee beforehand and left for Younghyun hyung's room.

Master Lee and his wife released their hold on Minho and left for Younghyun hyung's room, i piggybacked Minho and followed a few steps behind them. The moment i went through the door, we could see Jisung on a bed, Yieun hyung standing beside his brother, while his brother sniffled while holding Jisung's hand. He turned around and the moment he saw Master Lee, he charged at him before being held back by his brother.

"You...look at what you did...he almost d-died...do you have any idea how it feels to r-resuscitate him over and over again cause his life kept s-slipping away from my grasp...4 times...his heart s-stopped 4 times...i will never forgive you for this...never..." Younghyun hyung huffed and stumbled into the side room with his brother, his sobs escaping along with his brother's hushing.

We sat beside Jisung, looking at him. He looked worse than the last time we had seen him on this bed. He didn't look as 'strong' as he did then, he looked...helpless. The machine on the side helped him breathe and keep watch on his heart rate but it felt different from last time. If i had to make a guess, it looked like his life wasn't secured yet.

Master Lee might have felt that too, his tears escaping his eyes. His guilt weighing down on him. He knew if he was a bit faster, this wouldn't have happened. Minho shifted around on his chair and laid his head on Jisung's arm. His brother was still alive, Yieun hyung was right when he said Younghyun hyung would never give up on Jisung. He seemed very attached to Jisung, somewhat like an older brother, like Minho is to Jisung.

"H-He's alive..." Minho mumbled to himself.

I shuffled his hair gently and stepped out of the room to let the other members know what happened.

.-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .- -. --. -... .. -. / .-. .. -. --.

"Chan hyung? What's up? Where did you go?"

"Changbin, i need you to gather everyone in front of you."

"Guys? Chan hyung told you guys to gather here now~"

"Alright, i just need you guys to be calm okay?"

"Is it Jisungie hyung? Did something h-happen to him?"

"Well yes, but he's alright now, Innie. I need you guys to come to the room from the other day. Hyunjin can guide you guys. Though, here's a heads up, don't freak out and no you are not hallucinating. See you guys. Stay safe."

"See you, hyung."

- .... . -.-- / .-- . .-. . / .-- --- .-. .-. .. . -..

~Hyunjin POV~
Changbin hyung held my hand tightly, and he's trembling. He was trying his best to keep his poker face on but i could see that he was probably worrying so bad that his head hurt. Seungmin wrapped his arms around Felix and Jeongin, holding them close, definitely comforting the youngest who looked like he was about to lose it.

"I guess let's go. We'll walk there." i announced and everyone followed me.

The walk would take around ten to twenty minutes if we walked in our own pace, but we were too anxious for a stroll. We initially walked fast but all turned to a sprint, those whose hands were holding each other didn't let go. It took a mere five minutes for us to reach and we rested for a bit, panting all over the place. Changbin hyung was the most nervous, impatiently pulling my hand towards Younghyun hyung's door. Upon opening the door, Changbin hyung and i froze in our positions. Master Lee sat there, alive and well. So that's what Chan hyung meant by his hints. We walked in, moving way for the other members to freeze behind us in order.

More than the curiosity of Master Lee's presence, we were all more curious of Jisung's condition. You could tell he didn't look so good, even Jeongin turned to cry on Seungmin's shoulder. 

"W-What happened...?" i hesitantly questioned.

"They came back...the ones that killed his parents and...him..." Minho pointed at his father while still laying on Jisung's arm, "...then they almost killed me...but Jisung shoved me out of the way in time...but his PTSD and asthma acted up...so...yeah..."

"PTSD? Asthma? Since when?" Changbin asked as he nervously scratched Minho's back with his finger.

"Asthma was around the time his parents died...PTSD was...when...Dad died..." Minho huffed and shifted away from his father and closer to Jisung.

There was sobbing coming from the side room and it attracted all the attention of the members who just arrived. Chan hyung noticed and gestured that it was okay.

"That's Younghyun hyung, he's...been through a rough day." Chan hyung smiled and pointed at Jisung.

Everything happened in the past few hours. We woke up to a dorm that was missing Chan hyung, Minho hyung, and Jisung. The next time we figured out anything was through a phone call that clearly hinted Jisung wasn't alright. Then we arrived to find Master Lee still alive and well. We wanted to know what happened when we weren't around but it seemed like a long story to tell...

We just had to wait...