Jisung's Voices

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Hyunjin POV~
I tried clearing my thoughts while relieving myself but my mind is crowded with thoughts and worries. I want to take care of Jisungie and i want to know what's wrong with him but it's hard when i don't know everything and he isn't telling me anything. I sighed as i washed my hands, looking into the mirror. I looked tired in my reflection, but that's not gonna stop me from taking care of Jisungie. If anything, he needs the world embracing him right now. I dragged my feet over to the door wondering if Jisungie already got to the living room with the others. As i opened the door, i was greeted with the sight of Changbin hyung humming "I Am You" and patting Jisungie's back while he carries him.

"Hyung? Why are you and Jisung here?" i whispered loud enough for Changbin hyung to hear, and he looked up at me, smiling.
"I was here to talk to you but i saw him walking over slowly so i picked him up and asked him to sleep first. But i'm still here to talk to you anyway."

I fully stepped outside the toilet and turned off the light.

"What do you wanna talk about, Hyung?"
"I wanted to talk about Sung...and his voices. I have a feeling that you should know, so that maybe you could understand him better."

Honestly, at that moment i would normally have been surprised about Changbin hyung trying to telling me about Jisungie's voices which i hadn't known about yet, but hearing him call Jisungie 'Sung' was more surprising. I hadn't heard that in a long while and hearing it after so long makes my ears can't help but not miss it.

"Do you wanna talk about it right now? Right here?" i questioned Changbin hyung in case he wanted to talk about it elsewhere or another time since the food should be here any minute.
"Yeah right here and yea right now. I can't keep it short but i can talk faster. The thing is...can you understand me when i start speaking fast?" i nodded.
"And this might confuse you but i'm gonna talk in a rhythm so it's gonna sound like i'm rapping but it's just so it can sound in a beat and Sung can sleep better while i talk." i nodded and gestured for him to start.

"So remember back when only Chan hyung, me, Sung, you and Jeongin stayed in the trainee dorm. That time i said i was a bad hyung and made Sung cry. Yeah later on i woke up halfway in the morning and he came to find me in the kitchen which i was at then. He told me he had a nightmare about me not catching him and me telling him that he deserved it. He cried a lot then, and i felt bad since it all started when i asked him the question at the practice room. " he paused to breathe and rubbed Jisungie's back while also leaning his face on Jisungie's neck.

"Later on after we slept and awoke again, he came to Chan hyung and my room and we started writing lyrics while Chan hyung was producing a song. I was stuck on my lyrics and those irritating toxic voices came and clawed at my mind. That was the first time i ever had the voices and it scared me. I felt Sung shaking my thigh and i came back to reality. He asked if he could help me with my lyrics and i agreed. Then what came out of his mouth were his demons clawing at every part of his mind. 'Struggles, emptiness, locked, pain' he said that and he bit his lip so hard that it started bleeding."

"Ohh, so that's why he had a cut on his lip then. I asked Chan hyung but he shrugged and said he didn't know."
"Oh about that part...Chan hyung was there but he wasn't there, he was too focused on producing and his headphones might've blocked out the sound but he didn't see it happen." 
"Oh...that explains it. You can continue, hyung"

"Then Sung started crying and apologized saying that all he could think of were his demon's words. 'It's scary hyung, but don't listen to the voices in your head. They like to guide you down the wrong lane. Resist it. Before it consumes you.' he told me that then but what scared me more was what he said after that. He said 'Save yourself...i can't do it...' This boy told me to save myself because he couldn't do it but what i think he meant was he couldn't help himself. We then spent the next three hours talking about how he copes with the voices. Then he told me about a time where he almost listened to the voices and felt like jumping off the bridge he was walking on. He said Chan hyung asked him why he stopped walking and i guess that pure question saved Sung's life at that moment since it snapped him back to reality." Changbin hyung sighed and smiled "I'm done."

"Woah...that's a lot to take in. But thanks for helping Jisungie, hyung. Who knows what would've happened to him by now if you weren't around." he let out a soft laugh and showed me a thumbs up.

"Ah hyung, i think i should tell you where i keep his things. Follow me." i let Changbin hyung into my room and pulled open Jisungie's drawer "This whole bag is his meds that he just got the other day. I'm scared he forgets, maybe you could check if he brings it?"
"Alright, i'll do that." Changbin hyung gestured me to hand him the bag to check it out. One of his eyebrows lifted as if he'd seen something that peaked his interest "Hyunjin ah, have you looked through this bag?"
"No, why?"
"It's okay if you haven't but you might wanna take a look inside when you're free." i now lifted my eyebrow, curious as to why he would say that.

He put the bag back into the drawer, and our dorm doorbell rang followed by Chan hyung calling out to us "Guys, the food is here. Come eat."

Changbin hyung patted Jisungie's head and whispered "Sung, the food is here. Time to eat." Jisungie stirred and whined while falling back on Changbin hyung's shoulder "You still tired? Want hyung to carry you out?" Jisungie whined softly and Changbin hyung headed out to the living room.

"You coming?" he looked at me.
"Yeah, i just really feel the need to take a look at it now." Changbin hyung nodded and smiled, continuing his way to the living room.

I grabbed the bag and dug through, looking at the labels.

'Fever'

'Ventolin for closed airways'

'Painkillers for pain'

'Painkillers for emergency'

My hands started shaking as it tied up the bag and put it back in the drawer. I wiped off the sweat forming on my hands onto my pants. I expected to see the fever meds inside but i had not expected the other three bottles to have the function written on the label. Why would Jisungie's airways be closed? What type of pain were the painkillers stopping? And why were there painkillers for emergency with a higher dosage than the other bottle?

Just when i thought i knew more about Jisungie, more questions came into view. What was wrong with Jisungie's body? And that namecard that Younghyun hyung gave me; what was the true purpose of the of the messge written at the back?

All i feel now is the greater urge to be by his side now, and with that said, i walked over to the living room with the new information freshly laid in my head.


Author's Note
Author-nim : Guess who got distracted by the sidestory/backstory and wrote like 4 chapters worth of it. Me, that's who. And i just want to emphasize the fact that i am not a doctor and i don't know anything about painkillers which is also why i didn't put it's medical name. On the other hand, i do know what ventolin is cause i've taken it before but i forgot it's function, so that's that oops. But yeah, i'm revealing the meds this chapter but well, this fic still has a lot of secrets. So...STAY TUNED.

Buddy here is going to sleep. It's 3:56AM when i finished this. Peace~