Time Is Needed 시간이 필요해

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Chan POV~
The drive there was nerve-wrecking. Minho was stumbling over his words to relay Jisung's condition to Younghyun hyung, while i drove the car with my shaky hands. When i got the call from him, i knew it wasn't a good thing. All he could tell me was that guy had escaped from prison and was in hiding, most likely aiming to steal a car and kill Jisung and Minho. 

Kill Jisung to finish off his job of killing his entire family.

Kill Minho to finish off Master Lee's family for stopping him from killing Jisung.

To put it into unfiltered words, it kind of calmed me on multiple levels at the sight of the burning car wreck. At least, now i know nothing will get to hurt them. But now we have a massive issue on our hands, Jisung is out-cold while Minho's legs seem numb from shock. For now, we just want Jisung to get medical attention as soon as possible, knowing his body might just give out any time.

And as if to jinx my thought, Jisung's unconscious body starts to wheeze and gasp for air. I glanced for a moment through the rear-view mirror and Minho was almost in a full-fledged panic attack, his hands gripping Jisung closer with his tears dripping down his face.

"Minho? Hey, listen to hyung."

"Mmfn-" Minho choked a hum out in acknowledgement.

"We're going to reach there soon. He's gonna be alright. Younghyun hyung will take care of him."

"Mmn hmm." 

I drove the car right into the emergency entrance where Younghyun hyung was waiting with a stretcher. I pulled the brakes and hopped out of the car opening the door to help Younghyun hyung move Jisung onto the stretcher. Younghyun hyung looked up for a second and made eye contact with Minho, whispering to him something, then disappearing into the hospital.

I hopped right back into the car and rushed to park it in the visitors' carpark nearby. I didn't waste a second to carry Minho out of the car and bring him the medical attention he needed too. This time, the doctor agreed for me to be with Minho while he gets checked up on. Minho brought his hand up, vigorously scratching his collarbone. I held his hand and pulled it away from his poor collarbone, squeezing it for the slightest form of comfort.

Everything went by in a blur, and the next thing i knew, Minho was admitted in a temporary ward for temporary paralysis due to sudden shock. I held his hand while his eyes darted around the room nervously, as if to look for Jisung who might pop out of nowhere.

~Minho POV~
I have to keep calm for Chan hyung...i can't lose myself in my mind right now...Jisung will be fine...my brother will be fine...Jisung will be...fine...?

"No...no no no...i can't lose him...not him...no..." my cracked voice escaped my mouth as my tears went free-falling, grabbing the attention of Chan hyung who was at my side.

"Hey, Minho. Trust hyung, Jisung will be fine. It's okay, it's alright."

I sat up and pulled Chan hyung close, hugging him with my shaky arms. I wanted to believe him, i really wanted to. But in my mind, the noise was too loud. The noises were evolving into voices, they were going to take over me. They were going to...

'It's all your fault that he's going to die. If you didn't drop it, if you weren't there, he would still be alive. Remember how he gasped for air, that was all your fault, and he's going to be the one to pay for it. All because of you.'

"Minho?" 

Chan hyung and i turned to the new addition to the room, to a voice i recognized.

"Yieun...hyung...?"

Yieun hyung, my mother's doctor stood at the edge of the room looking at me empathetically. Other than Younghyun hyung, Yieun hyung was the other person i could very well breakdown in front of. At the sight of him, i forgot Chan hyung's presence in the room and started to sob uncontrollably. His arms stretched out as he walked towards me, letting me be enveloped in warmth.

"Hyung....i finally f-found him....i can't risk l-losing him....i c-can't...my b-brother..."

Yieun hyung hushed me, the sound muting the voices. The voices that told me Jisung, my brother wasn't going to make it because of me. 

"You know my brother is never going to let Jisung go anywhere. He'll stay in that room to revive him for as long as he goes out. But Youngie will never let Jisung go, no matter what. A lot of things happened before that goes unknown to you boys, but Jisung's been through hell over and over again. And the reason he could come back every single time, was cause of Youngie. So believe in him. Also, Jisung is alive. Don't go killing him off."

As much as it unnerved me that there was a lot going on that i didn't know about, it made me relax a bit knowing Younghyun hyung has done a lot of things and made a respectful amount of effort to bring Jisung back. Though the phrase "bring Jisung back" gives me chills. I escaped his hug and rubbed the tears off my face with one question in my head.

"Why're you here, hyung? What about mum?"

"Ahh, Minhae noona? The moment she heard that something happened to you and Jisung, she nearly busted her ward door down. She's outside this room now, calming herself as she calls it."

"Mum is here? But wait, how did you guys find out?"

"You do remember that Youngie's office is literally the opposite of mine right? Bro nearly busted his own door down, he was getting nervous too. I asked if he needed help but he said he didn't have time and he knew what to do...so here i am. I'll go bring noona in."

Yieun hyung walked out, and at that moment i felt Chan hyung's presence. I made eye contact with him and hid my face in my hands.

"Well, this is embarrassing."

"No it isn't, Minho. It's normal to pour out your feelings once in a while. It's okay."

"Min? Oh my poor son."

Mum ran out of her wheelchair and dived hugged me, forcing my body to lie back down. A giggle left my mouth at our interaction, but not forgetting to return the hug.

"Hi mum~"

"What happened? How did all this come about?" 

"I don't exactly know...all i know is that Jisung and i went back to our house to get something Dad left for us...then i dropped it on the way back to Chan hyung's car...then this black car just sped towards me...then Jisung...he...pushed me and-"

"Oh my- Did it hit you boys?"

"No, mum. Jisung pushed me away in time but he passed out on top of me...then he started to gasp for air en route here..."

It took me a while to realize that i hadn't picked up the necklace from the road. I looked at Chan hyung and he seemed to know i was looking for it, ping his pocket and pulling it out, handing it over to me. The metal chain looped around the lock settled onto the middle of my palm. The presence of it calmed me, the sensation of it seeped throughout my hand. I yearned the key to be beside it, i yearned the presence, but all i was greeted with was its absence.

"Mum...?"

"Yes?"

"Did you know about the...erm...adoption papers...?"

"Whose? Ji's? Oh my, i haven't heard of it. Who's going to adopt him?"

"Oh so he didn't tell you...the person who was supposed to adopt Ji isn't here anymore..."

"What? What happened? Who is that?"

"Minhak hyung?" Yieun hyung made a wild guess.

The door to the ward slid open...

"What about me?"