It's Time 시간이다

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Minho POV~
"Hyung~" 

I peeled my eyes open to face a silhouette of a person, definitely Jisung by his voice.

"What time is it?" i groggily questioned while sitting upright.

"4AM. It's time to go to that place for the answers you're looking for."

"What? Why so early? Not that i'm complaining..."

"I don't know...to be safe you know? Something just doesn't feel right..."

"Jisung, he's imprisoned. He can't get to us, let alone hurt us."

"I know i know, but Chan hyung agreed to drive us there."

Jisung's eyes always told stories on their own. Some days you can see the boredom flowing out of him, on other days you can see the excitement glistening in his eyes. But this time...this time you could see the worry and fear mixed inside them. Even in the darkness of the room, you could still feel it. But it didn't make sense how that guy was scaring Jisung now, after all, he's still locked up. But i guess both Chan hyung and my presence was calming him down at least a bit, or he'll probably be out of his mind right now.

"I'll go get ready. You guys can wait in the living room if you guys are already done."

Jisung nodded, and i pulled myself off my bed to get myself ready for the trip. Washing up was not what i spent most my time on, but rather packing up my things into my bag to make sure i had everything with me before we left. I even made sure to take Jisung's entire collection of medicine with me, even though he had brought some himself.

Chan hyung made it a point that since we were trying to be stealthy, that we should all wear dark clothes. Jisung grabbed one of Hyunjin's black hoodies while i grabbed one of Chan hyung's hoodies within his ultimate collection of black-colored clothing. We left the dorm before the others woke up for school or practice.

On the whole car ride there, Jisung couldn't stop figdeting around and playing with his fingers. It wasn't like we were going to get answers for me, it was more like he was getting more and more anxious about something we couldn't possibly expect. Or maybe he expected it.

Reaching the place, Chan hyung parked his car in the parking stripes on the side of the road opposite the apartment while Jisung and i went upstairs to a place i finally recognized. I had been using all of my attention span to observe Jisung and didn't look out to realize that this was a place we both know very very well. We grew up here together, all our memories, good or bad. This is the very place we left behind to become trainees and eventually become a part of Stray Kids. 

When the lift stopped at our floor, we stepped out and walked towards my flat. Jisung stood close next to me as i unlocked the door. Opening it, it revealed everything as it was, all where i left it half a year ago, untouched. Jisung nudged me forward, and i entered first, taking in the nostalgic smell of home

"Dad told you to bring me here?"

"Yeah..."

"What for?"

"He left us a gift. That's what he said." Jisung walked to Dad's desk and pulled open one of the drawers "If i'm not wrong, it should be around...here!"

I jogged over to his side, looking at what he was talking about. A wrapped box and two letters for us each. Jisung handed me the letter meant for me and opened his own. I calmed myself and opened the letter.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Minho's Letter
Hi son, if you are reading this letter, it means i'm no longer around.
I'm sorry i couldn't be there for you any longer.
I hope you're holding up well by yourself.
Then again, i know you're not by yourself.
Jisung must have been there for you the entire time while i'm gone.
That's good, take care of each other.
The gift will be ready once Jisung finishes his letter.
Love, Dad.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

My eyes stung as i tried my best to hold in my tears, yearning for Dad's presence, love, and warmth. It's been half a year since i lost him, and a few days since i thought about him but coming back home makes such a huge difference to whether i might breakdown or not. The smell of home reminded me of the comfort it provided me, the memories growing up with Dad, living right next to Jisung for 3 years. All the memories might just be the limit for my mind.

~Jisung POV~
I hesitantly opened the letter addressed to me.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Jisung's Letter
Hi son, if you are reading this letter, i guess i couldn't make it in time before i could register you as my son.
But even without the registration, you know you are practically already my son.
I should have told you that i spotted the man who murdered your parents.
But i lost him while trailing him.
He may be the cause of my end, so be careful.
I don't know who he is but i recognize him from that day.
You two brothers stick close and keep each other safe.
You can open the gift now, then tell Minho everything later.
Love, Dad.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I couldn't believe my eyes. Father stated in the letter that he saw the culprit who killed my parents before he died. The man is locked up now but why did he do it. Why my parents, then Father too... The new information was hurting my head, and surprisingly my heart too. 

~Minho POV~
Jisung folded his letter, and leaned onto the table for support as he clutched his hand on his shirt above his chest.

"Jisung? What's wrong? Need your meds?"

Jisung swallowed hard and shook his head. He pointed to his head and just gave me a sad smile. It was an expression i hated to see from Jisung. He always did that whenever he wanted to keep his words and feelings in, and nothing good came from it. He sighed and stood back up, pulling me closer before unwrapping the gift box. It revealed two necklaces side by side. One was a lock with 'Hyung' written on it, the other was a key with 'Maknae' on it. Jisung didn't say a word and took the necklace with the lock and placed it in my hand, putting the necklace with the key in his pocket.

Jisung walked back to the drawer and looked like he was searching for something. Then he paused his movements for a second when he caught sight of his target. He reached his hand in a separate drawer and pulled out a stack of documents, handing it over to me. They were adoption papers with Dad's name in the 'Adopting Parents' section and Jisung's name in the 'Child' section.

I looked up and Jisung as he stared blankly back at me.

"Minho hyung. If i were to re-introduce myself after the paper were done, i'd be Lee Jisung, your younger brother."

Even if i kind of picked up hints that Jisung was my brother, i didn't expect this to happen. Well i did, but i didn't. Jisung looked like he was regretting his decision to bring me here and was about to comment about it so i pulled him close and tight within my arms, embracing my younger brother warmly. At this point, my tears decided to freefall and i just held Jisung as if i was about to lose him. I could hear Jisung sniffling and i held the back of his head gently, patting it slowly.

Just then, my phone started to vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket to reveal Chan hyung calling my phone.

"I guess it's time to leave. Let's go."

Jisung nodded and followed close behind as we left the apartment. When we reached out front, we could see Chan hyung gesturing for us to hurry so we picked up our speed to cross the road to where his car was. With another four steps left, my necklace slid out of my pocket and i bent down to pick it up. I didn't notice the sound of a loud engine approaching at a terrifying speed. By the time i looked to my right, my eyes stared back at a black car with not much distance left for impact. I felt a hard shove from behind with a weight squishing me down from above after i hit the ground, and the sound of the car screeching and crashing.

"Hey! You guys okay?" Chan hyung ran around the corner of a car and i could see the panic in his eyes as he looked at whatever was on me.

That's when i saw Jisung's arm lying right next to mine as if to mime it. Chan hyung rushed over to pulled Jisung off me and onto the sidewalk. I mentally beat my legs to move but they were frozen in their spots. I needed to get to Jisung. I wanted to get to Jisung.

~Chan POV~
I hopped onto the road and looked left and right before grabbing the necklace that Minho dropped and put it into my pocket, zipping it up as an extra precaution. I turned back to see Minho struggling to move from his position.

"Minho? Did you hurt your legs?"

"N-No...but they can't seem to move...i can feel them but i can't use them...but Jisung...hyung..." Minho started to cry and he reached out his arms and pulled his body a little closer to Jisung. 

"I'll get him in the car first, then i'll be back for you. Wait a bit, okay?"

Minho nodded quietly and i made me way to the car with Jisung in my arms. Jisung was totally out cold and the one thing that was reassuring me was he fact he was still breathing. I put him lying down on the back row before running back to Minho and helping him into the car. Minho insisted that he wanted to be with Jisung so i let him be. I started the car and drove off, passing by the wreck of the car that nearly hit Minho, had it not been for Jisung shoving him out of harm's way. The car was on fire and it looked like the driver had no escape from his demise.

Shaking my thoughts, i put my brain back into focus to bring them to Younghyun hyung. 

"Minho ya."

"Y-Yeah?"

"Can you call Younghyun hyung to tell him to prepare himself. We can't afford to lose time."

"O-Okay."

We were supposed to come here to get some answers for Minho. We were here for them to feel at home again. We weren't here for an escaped murderer to nearly claim Minho's life. Had it not been for Jisung, Minho would be dead. 

But Jisung himself didn't look like he was going to last.