Dinner

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Changbin POV~
I felt bad about just giving Hyunjin hints and leaving him by himself to see what i saw. But i had the feeling he would hurt even more with Jisung in his sight when he sees them. Feeling a tid bit guilty for leaving Hyujin alone like that, i walked to the living room with Sung still in my arms. So many thoughts were running through my mind as i pass the darkened hallway.

Why would Sung keep something that would require him to take those meds from us? Was is that minor? Or was it bad to the point he felt the need to keep it from us? When he said he wanted to tell me something, was it about this?

So many questions, so little answers.

I felt a wave of emotion hit me and i struggled to surpress it. I resolved to stop walking and buried my face in Sung's hair. The familiar scent of his shampoo calmed me down just like it always did like the olden days. I guess my sudden movement was too big and noticeable, Sung mumbled something.

"Sung? Did you say something?"
"Mmn...Bin Hyung...what are you thinking about...?"
"Hmm? Nothing much...Why would you ask that?"
"I can hear you thinking from a mile away hyung....and you only sniff my hair when you have a lot on your mind..."
"You knew that and you never told me...? It's nothing, just me worrying about you. You don't have to worry about me."

Sung straightened his back and looked into my eyes with his sleepy ones. He softly pinched both my cheeks "Why hyung? Let me worry about you like how you worry about me. I need you to feel the love and warmth i feel from you. Who'd ever know if you needed it then more than any other time." he released my cheeks and stared in my eyes.

"Ehehe, you're right Sung. Worry about me, care about me, stay with me. You said you wanna tell me something just now, didn't you? Do you wanna talk about-"
"Soon hyung...soon...Maybe when i feel more awake and less tired..." Sung lied back down on my chest and loosely hanged his arms around me. I continued my walk to the living room not forgetting to rub his back.

Chan hyung and Minho hyung were setting up the table. Seungmin, Jeongin and Felix were getting the utensils ready. Hyunjin hasn't come out of the room yet but i heard shuffling noises so i guess he was coming out. Jeongin poked his head out from the kitchen and skipped over to Sung and i.

"Hey~ Changbin hyung, the food is here.......Jisung hyung? Hyunjin hyung isn't with him? Is he still asleep?"
"I'm not asleep...i'm just...resting..." Sung mumbled out as he shook his head like as if he was trying to shake his sleepiness away "Jinnie is on the way~ he went to the toilet, he's coming soon~"
"Alright~ Changbin hyung, you can take Jisung hyung and sit down first, we're almost done." i nodded and sat down on the floor beside the table, turning Jisung around to let his back lean on my chest.

Everyone was almost ready when i spotted Hyunjin coming from the corner of the hallway. He spotted us and slid down beside us to sit, he looked like he was struggling not to frown. He looked up at me, then down and Jisung, then up at me again. I was going to ask him if he was okay, even though i'd already know what was causing his distress, when he suddenly pulled Jisung and i into a sidehug. I used my free hand to hug him back and pat his head. After a minute or so, he released the hug and whispered down at Jisung's ear "I'm always here, Sungie. Always here for you." i felt Jisung giggle and he hummed in acknowledgment.

The remaining members finished setting up the table with food and utensils and settled down to eat. Jisung's hands no longer shook as he ate, relieving a bit of worry for him. Hyunjin regularly looked over at Jisung and giggled with him with their mouths full. Minho hyung laughed at Seungmin and Jeongin's bickering, while occassionally glancing over to Jisung and giving a soft smile at him. Chan hyung laughed at the maknaes bickering, while smiling at Felix who was peacefully eating on the left of Jisung and i. Felix occassionally stopped eating to smile at Jisung and asked him if the food was good, to which Jisung replied " 'e food ish noice, fwesh indeed!" All the members, me included, burst out in laughter even with Chan hyung saying while gasping for air "Jisungie~ don't speak with your mouth full. You might choke." Jisung then drank the water from the cup on my hand and answered him loudly "YES HYUNG!" upon hearing this, another laughing fit broke out among us.

I put down the cup on the table and pulled him up from where he'd slid down over time back in front of me where he can lie comfortably on my chest. He turned back and smiled at me, then leaned his head into my neck and nuzzled around. I saw Hyunjin's laughter get softer as he looked at Jisung. A smile broke on his face as he shifted closer to pat Jisung's head while mouthing to me "I think Sungie's asleep" which was true considering the room was filled with silence and all their faces had the same smile Hyunjin has. I carefully maneuvered Sung from the floor over to my bed, considering his bed is the top bunk bed so that would be impossible to carry him up there.

The members kept the noise at a minimal while cleaning up and going back to bed. I lied down next to Sung on my bed, making sure he lied comfortably on my 'softness-overflowing' pillow as he slept silently, with an expression only describable by the word "Peace". I placed Gyu between him and the wall, right at the back of his hand where he could feel Gyu's softness.

I felt my eyes drooping as i saw a figure walk through the room door "Goodnight, Binnie" i heard Chan hyung's voice say as i drift off to sleep.

With the memory of Sung's meds.

With the weight of guilt on my shoulders.

But with Sung's warmth at my side.


Author's Note
Author-nim : Hi Hi, here's a new chapter out of nowhere for you guys. I actually still haven't finished my projects and exams yet but i kinda felt guilty for making ya guys wait so long. And if i wait too long myself, i'm gonna run into a writer's block, in which i do not like to happen.

Aight, Buddy here's gonna sleep. Enjoy reading. Peace~