Secrets Revealed

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

Author-nim : Before i start this chapter, i wanna say first that this chapter happened before the prev chapter and after the chapter before that. I messed up the timeline for a bit, sorry bout that.


~Minho POV~
I groaned and shifted uncomfortably. I tried to turn over into a more comfortable position but there was a weight on my chest stopping me from moving. I looked down to see Chan hyung's damaged hair follicles. I giggled at the sight of it, causing Chan hyung's head to go bobbing up and down. He sat up stunned, then smiled at me. 

"How do you feel?" Chan hyung's expression melted with warmth.
"I feel awfully drained...not physically...just..." i sighed.
"Emotionally. You've been through a lot for the past weeks, you should rest more."

I quickly sat up, scaring Chan hyung who wasn't expecting it. I shook my head and fumbled for my phone.

"I need to ask Younghyun hyung something. It's real important. But..." i looked up into Chan hyung's eyes.
"You need to ask it alone? I'll go back outside. Don't stress yourself out, okay?" i nodded as a reply.

Chan hyung walked out the door and made little shuffling noises. I guess he went back to the center mattress and didn't want to wake the others up. I put down my phone to call Younghyung hyung the faster way. I pressed on the patient alert button and within seconds i could hear the door to the main room bust open, then the door to the side room which i was in flung open. When Younghyun hyung's eyes met mine, he fell to the floor and sighed in relief.

"I would really appreciate if you don't do that again, EVER!" Younghyun hyung made a fake crying noise as he stood up.

I didn't say anything, i just stared at Younghyun hyung. It was always entertaining to mess with him. Though in turn, it really messes with his stress levels, which i occasionally feel bad for. 

"Okay okay, don't feel bad about it. You're frowning now." Younghyun hyung pulled a chair and sat down beside me. 

I opened my arms and fell onto him. He caught and pulled me into a hug. I whined into his shoulder, tearing up. I was rare for me to show my emotions like that in front of my members but Younghyun hyung was a different case. I could always show the full extent of my emotions in front of him, pouring tears all over or steaming anger thrown in every direction. He knew how to listen and calm me down, and his presence soothed me, almost as much as Jisung's would.

"Hyung..."
"Hmm?"
"It's about Jisung..." i buried my face further into his neck.

He rubbed the back of my neck and rested his head on mine. Time was never a problem when he calmed me down. No matter how short or how long it took, i would feel relaxed for a long amount of time afterward.

"There was a day...Dad came into our dreams. Jisung's and mine. When he was in mine, he told me that he left a brother behind for me. But he had never told me that when he was alive. I was wondering if he told you anything about it, or if you knew."
"Hmm, but how is it about Jisung?"
"I don't know...i had a feeling. Cause Dad said my brother was never far, that means he's close by the whole time. But i've only been with my members and Mum. So i thought i might've been Jisung..."

I sighed deeply, giving up all thoughts i had.

"Master Lee didn't tell me anything about you having a brother. I've just been taking care of Jisung for the past three years-"
"Hyung...what are you hiding from me..."

Younghyun hyung choked on air, surprised at that question. I sat up and stared into his eyes.

"It's only known to us that he's been taken care of by you for half a year...but you said three years...."
"I-"
"What are you hiding...?" my voice quivered, beginning to cry again.

Younghyun hyung pulled my neck to rest my head on his shoulder again. 

"Don't cry, Minho ya...i'll tell you..." he sighed "...everything..."

I lightly punched his chest, with my head still buried in his shoulder.

"You probably knew Jisung was related to me or Dad too..."
"You're not wrong. Master Lee was the one who asked me to take care of Jisung. He was the one who figured out that Jisung breathed kind of weirdly."
"Breathed weirdly?"
"He said Jisung started to breathe deeply a lot and was wheezing on some days."
"Asthma?"
"Yeah, he has asthma, he still has it."
"So that's why you said he needed oxygen."
"Hey, regular people need oxygen to breathe too you know." he laughed.

I laid back down on the bed, wiping away my tear tracks that had spread all over my face down my neck.

"Was it around the time his parents..."
"Yeah...like maybe a week after..."
"How much are you guys hiding from me...and why..."
"I'm not done yet you know."

I looked at Younghyun hyung, shocked.

"W-What else...?"
"He has PTSD, it came with the heart injury."
"What triggers it?"
"Cars driving by at close range or speeding cars in general."
"So that's why he always has his earpieces on near roads..."

I flicked his forehead and turned my back towards him. He dramatically grips his forehead with his hand and whines.

"Thanks hyung..."
"For what?"
"For taking care of him this whole time...and telling me this..."
"I'm just doing my job~ Being a good hyung for you both." he giggled "You should rest, or even better, you should sleep. If you go out like this, you're gonna pass out and i'm gonna get jumped on by your members."

I hummed and fell back asleep as Younghyun hyung pulled the blanket and covers me with it. Dimming the lights as he walks out the room.

I can't mess this up anymore.

Not ever again.