Brothers, Last Hope

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Chan POV~
"Hmm... how should i start this... they're not around anymore..."
Jeongin and Seungmin gave each other a confused look. But Felix came up front and asked a question that hit me so hard "Where'd they go? They overseas or something? Are they that busy to stay away for so long?"
Changbin pulled his cap lower and tilted his head down, tears dripping to the floor. They all looked at me with a sudden realization. I opened my mouth about to tell them further but Minho said softly "That's right...they're gone...Jisung doesn’t have anyone left... It still hurts me so much to see him smile like that in front of us..."

~Minho POV~
Chan hyung looked so uneasy, like he didn't want the fact to shock the other members too hard. And with all honesty, the reason he's so cautious is because the first time Changbin knew, he literally bawled his eyes out and his thoughts about Jisung flooded out from his brain and out his mouth.
"Hmm... how should i start this... they're not around anymore..."

Jeongin and Seungmin gave each other a confused look. But Felix came up front and asked Chan hyung a question that made my chest itch "Where'd they go? They overseas or something? Are they that busy to stay away for so long?"
Changbin pulled his cap lower and tilted his head down, tears dripping to the floor. They all looked at Chan hyung with a sudden realization.

Chan hyung opened his mouth about to tell them further but i couldn't stand it any longer "That's right...they're gone...Jisung doesn’t have anyone left... It still hurts me so much to see him smile like that in front of us..."
"B-But that means...since when...? When...? How...?" Seungmin stuttered, eyes tearing up.
"Three years..." i muttered, remembering how empty Jisung's eyes were when he heard the news, in front of me.

-3 Years Ago-
I got to know Jisung through Dad. Dad and Jisung's parents were close friends in college before they migrated to Malaysia. Jisung came over to Korea every now and then to visit us, and he slowly broke the awkward phase. We got to know each other better and saved each other's numbers to communicate even when we're far. Then one day, Jisung called me "Minho hyung! I got into JYP as a trainee! I passed the audition!"
"Aren't you in Malaysia? Was there a audition there?"
"No hyung. I'm on study break so i came back to Korea. Then i went to try out JYP's private audition with my friend. And they said i passed."
"Woah congrats! But Sungie, where are you gonna stay at? You don't have a house to stay in Korea right?"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Hyungie~ Minho hyung~ they're coming!! They're finally coming! I finally get to see mum and dad after so long." Jisung smiled widely bouncing in his feet. I'm not surprised at how excited he is. The last time he saw his parents were three years ago before he moved to Seoul from Malaysia to become a trainee. Dad and I told him he could stay in our house, but he refused and rented an apartment next door. I smiled at him "Yeah, hasn't it been so long? Aren't you gonna get ready?" Jisung ran over to his apartment to change. He's so adorable when he gets excited.

'I just hope nothing makes him sad...'

I hear someone come through the front door "Sungie?" Dad walks into sight with an expression i can only describe as despair. At that moment, i noticed Dad's sleeves covered in dried blood, even on his pants. "What's w-wrong Dad?"
"Jisung's parents...i couldn't save them...it happened right in front of me..." his hands shook while curled up in a fist "And he got away..."
"W-who??"
"The guy that hit them...they got hit by a car and he got away...RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!!" Dad pulled his hair. It hurt to see him like that but at the same time i thought, how were we going to tell Jisung about it.

"M-m-mum and D-dad? T-they're gone...? So i c-can't see them again?" Dad opened his eyes and stepped aside, turning around to reveal Jisung. The way he looked at Dad was almost emotionless, like as if all the emotion from his body was drained out. Dad pulled Jisung into his chest "...i'm sorry Jisung ah...i'm so sorry...".

For the next month, Jisung stayed that way. Silent and emotionless. But one day out of nowhere, he suddenly sprang back like normal and became how he was before. I never asked or spoke about his parents in front of him ever again.

-Current time-
I told the members literally the whole story of what i remembered. Hearing it twice, Chan hyung stared at the floor while Changbin was still sniffling behind his cap. Hearing it for the first time, the other members looked devastated. Seungmin and Jeongin were now crying on each other. Felix looked like he was thinking about so many things at once.

"How did Sungie even keep all that emotion surpressed? It doesn't even make sense how he can look so happy like that. I get it but i don't get it. Why can't he-"

"You know he can't, hyung...Jisung would never try to spread sadness...he would hide it even if it kills him..."

Felix's expression softens into sorrow.

"Or unless i force him? I don't know. But i could try..." i slightly laughed.

All the members that are here listening to this look like as if they did something so bad to Jisung and they're regretting it, even those who are hearing it for a second time.

"But i wonder how i'm supposed to tell Hyunjin this...or i guess i don't have to tell him" i laughed, making the members look at me questionably. "I have a feeling that one day...Jisung might tell him himself...Nowadays i see Jisung looking at Hyunjin as if he was his own brother...Speaking of that, i just want to remind you all here. Even if we are not connected by blood, we are all his last family."

~Everyone's POV (Excluding Jisung and Hyunjin)~
'We are his brothers. We are his hope. We are his last. We need to protect him, before he shatters. Because...he's already broken, and we can't let the wound deepen any further...'