Stay With Us

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Felix POV~
"Hurry Hurry, we're already late!" i gestured to Minho hyung as i ran backwards to the practice room.
"Okay okay but you might want to face forward before you fall." Minho hyung laughed, to which i listened to.

I opened the door and we entered, a quiet room. Weird for Stray Kids to be this quiet. I glanced around the room and locked my eyes with Changbin hyung. He softly smiled as if to comfort me, and that alerted me to knowing something happened. I then turned to Jisung and i gulped. You could more or less figure out that something happened while we weren't around and i felt like i shouldn't ask.

Minho hyung who had his eyes on Jisung the whole time went over to him, picked him up and hugged him. Jisung looked surprised at first, then he softened his expression and looked..sad? Minho hyung rubbed Jisung's head and released the hug. Unsaid words, but you knew they understood each other.

"Alright, since we're all here, let's start practice shall we?" Chan hyung said as he clapped his hands together to get our attention.

Minho hyung and i put our things down on the sofa and we all started warming up. I looked at Jisung's reflection through the mirror, there was something different about him but i couldn't wrap my head around it. I went over to Jisung and whispered "Hey Ji, i don't know why but i'm getting a really weird feeling, you alright?"

Jisung tilted his head and whispered back "I had a bit of a rough experience just now, but i'm fine now. Maybe you're overthinking Lix." he stepped back and gave me the sad eyebrows. I nodded and we continued warming up.

"Alright let's start with the choreo for My Pace shall we?" Chan hyung bounced over to the computer and played the track for My Pace.

~Seungmin POV~

No need to rush, my pace
Don’t compare
It’s alright to go slowly
Go on your own path, my lane
Put down your impatience
Just keep looking forward
You ready, let’s go

Nananananana
Just stay in my lane
Nananananana

The song ended with our sweat pouring, i glanced at Jisung with the help of the mirror. He looked off, i couldn't tell what was off about him but he looked different from his state before practice. Hyunjin came over and told me a few mistakes i made throughout the dance, and he demonstrated the right dance and i followed after. He nodded with a smile and signaled for Chan hyung to replay the song again. I couldn't stop thinking about Jisung. If i had corrected my dance, it would be flash muscle-memory considering how i'm using all my braincells trying to think what is different about Jisung.

The practice for the choreo for My Pace finished and we were going to practice the choreo for Voices. 

"Let's take a 10 minute break~" Chan announced as Minho hyung and Changbin hyung dashed out the door, each screaming for the toilet.

Chan hyung was looking at the laptop and looking at the music file in its composing form while occasionally peeking sideways to look at Jisung who was sitting on the sofa with his eyes closed facing the ceiling. Hyunjin was showing Jeongin the dance for Voices slow motioned. Felix walked over to me and asked "Should we go sit with Ji?" i nodded.

We sat down on each of the sides of Jisung and Chan hyung sighed and stopped glancing. "You okay, Ji?" Felix asked and Jisung opened his eyes slowly.

"Yeah, i just feel tired. So many things happened today, i can't wait to go home and pass out on my bed." 
"Don't push yourself too hard..." i muttered out softly. But loud enough for both Jisung and Felix to hear considering they both looked at me at the same time.

I wrapped my arms around Jisung and hugged him. Felix wrapped his arms around us both and hugged us. 

"You're everything to us. Don't go anywhere. Stay with us." i whispered even softer than before. Jisung and Felix both tightened their hugs and we melted on each other.

At the sound of the door, we jumped up from the sofa and readied ourselves for the next practice. And with that in their sight, everyone ran into positions as Chan hyung pressed play as if he was waiting for that moment for the last 10 minutes.

Now they’ve been going around
It’s in my head, making me dizzy, go away hey
Voices that torture me
Make me shout out again

Step out of them voices
I’ll cover my ears and shout out again
Step out of them voices
Break free from the voices in my head

Muscle-memory was working at it's best, i still had my mind fully on Jisung. My limbs swung around in a dance, while my head was drowning in thoughts.

No more, no more
Don’t try to change me
No voice, no voice
Stop making me so dizzy

I figured it out, but i hadn't kept my eye on Jisung. I should have, i knew i should have. I didn't even spend time looking for him through the reflection of the mirror. I spun around and faced him.

Our eyes locked as he fell forward, and i dived and caught him before he hit the floor. Within a second, the members were surrounding us and Chan hyung went to turn the music off. Minho hyung kneeled down beside us with his mouth open, he looked like his words wouldn't form but he had so many questions. Jisung choked while still laying on me and i quickly flipped him over onto the floor. His face turned red in an instant and he pounded his own chest repeatedly. Changbin ran over to Jisung's bag to pull out a little plastic bag and ran back over.

"Wait! But it won't work if he can't swallow!" Chagbin dropped the bag and panicked.

"Y-Younghyun hyung!" Hyunjin ran over to his phone and called a number.

And all we could do, was try and get Jisung to breathe. Hopelessly patting his back and turning him sideways. A lot of us started to cry, and i felt a tear fall myself.

"Please stay with us..." i cradled Jisung and cried.