Explanations 설명

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

Minho anxiousness peaked as he bit on his fingernails and shook his leg. His eyes darted from the bed to the door, then from the clock to the missing spot where Jisung's bed would have been. Chan brought Minho into his arms, patting him in an attempt to calm the younger down. He did a better job than Minhak would have if he did what Chan had done. Minho rested his head on Chan's shoulder and hugged his left arm which he was facing.

Seungmin sat down on the floor with Jeongin and coaxed their youngest to take a nap for the time being, wiping Jeongin's tears off his cheeks with his thumb. Jeongin shook his head and just sat as close as he could to Seungmin's side, leaning his head on Seungmin's shoulder. Changbin was just frozen in one spot of the room, standing there like a statue. Felix held Changbin's free hand and pulled him along with Hyunjin whose hand was still holding Changbin's, to where the maknaes were sitting and sat down in front of them. If there was any way they could get comfort now, it would be with their family. Each other.

Minhae looked at her son and her husband, both in pain from the state of someone they care deeply for. Minhak turned to look at the five boys huddled together on the floor and made his way over. Seungmin gave him a warm smile as if to calm his nerves before he went ahead with what his mind wanted him to do. He sat down between Seungmin and Hyunjin as the five boys' eyes followed him. Minhak began telling them a story he already had told twice before, a story of a man who was thought to be dead but was actually still alive. His story.

In between telling the story, Changbin had hid his face in his knees to hold in his emotions from imagining how it would have felt from all their perspectives, Hyunjin's eyebrows were pressing against each other into a frown, Felix played with his fingers as he imagined it from Jisung's perspective, Seungmin maintained his smile throughout the entire story to provide comfort for whoever decided to look at him, and Jeongin closed his eyes to stop the imagination in his head.

With the story finally being introduced to the five boys, they had their questions answered about how he was still able to be there, alive and living. The question they also wanted the answer to even though they already knew was why Jisung kept his health issues a secret. But...everyone knew, Jisung never wanted them to worry.

Minho patted Chan's arm and the leader released his hold on the younger. Minho turned to Minhae and brushed her fringe to the side, taking in the beauty of his beloved mom. Minhae smiled warmly and looked at her son the same way he was looking at her. Minhak looked back at them and envied the way they loved each other, wondering if that could ever be the case for his son and him again. 

Minhak turned back around and looked at the mess of boys on the floor after the story he told, smiling to himself that he finally could do what his mind wanted to. If only he could do what his heart wanted to...

A pair of arms came into Minhak's view and wrapped around him for a tight hug. It was like his heart was heard. His wish came through.

"I hate you...but i love you...and i can never..hurt you...you better make it up with him when he gets back..."

"I love you too...and i will..."

Their heads turned toward the door that slid open.

.-- .... -.-- / .- .-. . / - .... . -.-- / .... . .-. .

.... --- .-- / .. ... / - .... .. ... / .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. .