Visit to the Hospital (Part 1)

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

Back at the dorm...

~Jisung POV~
"Hyunjin ah~"
"Hmm?"
"I just remembered, but aren't i supposed to be busy? Doesn't that mean i'm not supposed to be in the dorm?"
"I guess that means that. You wanna go somewhere then?"
"I guess i'll go stroll around outside for a while."
"...I'm following you." Hyunjin turned around and grabbed both mine and his belongings and sat back down beside me.
"Ohh...Mmn, ok. Let's go out together."
"Can i choose where we're gonna go?"
"Sure. Where do you wanna go, Hyunjin?"
"The hospital."

'From then, i kind of knew where this conversation was going so i just nodded in agreement as he held my hand and pulled me out of the dorm.'

~Hyunjin POV~
'I'm going to take care of him even if he doesn't like it. Because i know if i don't, he won't take care of himself.'

The warmth from his hands made me tremble in excitement. I liked knowing how alive he is. I pulled him closer to me, and interlocked our fingers. At first Jisung looked at me confused, but soon he broke into a warm smile and we continued walking.

We don't go out very often together. He's always at the training room writing lyrics and producing songs, and by the time he returns home Seungmin and I would have already fallen asleep. On our off days we would go out as a whole group to play or watch a movie, so i never got the chance to really be alone with him.

"Jisung ah"
"Hmm? What, Hyunjin ah?"
"Say...how do you feel about Minho hyung?"

Jisung stopped in his steps, his head drooping. I feel guilty for asking but i wanted to know so badly. "It's okay if you don't wa-"

"I miss him..." he cut my words off but at the same time he cut my thoughts off.
"W-What...? Ohh i guess it makes sense for you to miss him." I couldn't get my head around it, i felt like there should be a second meaning behind what he said. I wanted to question him so bad but i didn't want to pry so deep and hurt his feelings.

"It's okay Hyunjin, just ask whatever you want to ask. You're starting to look constipated while thinking. And not to even mention, you're stepping on me." Jisung laughed as he pointed down to my foot which was pressing down on his.

I stumbled away releasing our fingers. But i also wondered 'How did he read my mind?' how i wished that i could read his mind too.

"I wanted to ask you..." i hesitated for a while but went for it "Why do you miss Minho hyung? I mean like i get that we are members, we bonded close together like family, but why? I want to know."

"Because...he's my brother. My actual brother. And since Master Lee isn't around anymore, i'm only left my brother, and that's him."
"W-What?" I couldn't believe it. And i'm pretty sure none of us knew about that, maybe only Minho but no one else. "What do you mean by actual brother? I don't get it, i'm so confused."
"Well we aren't blood brothers, but as you know my parents have already passed because of a hit-and-run accident, so Master Lee decided to take care of my living expenses, but i still live separately. And Minho hyung doesn't know about it, so he just thinks we are childhood friends."
"Minho hyung doesn't know? What type of situation is this, i'm so confused."
"The only people who knows about this is Master Lee, me, and you. But i need it to stay it that way, i don't need Minho hyung to hate me any further for breaking and hiding things."

~Jisung POV~
"Minho hyung doesn't know? What type of situation is this, i'm so confused." I seriously don't know how to explain to him about this situation, it's complicated enough for me to need to think so hard about it.
"The only people who knows about this is Master Lee, me, and you, and someone you don't know. But i need it to stay it that way, i don't need Minho hyung to hate me any further for breaking and hiding things." I seriously don't know what would happen if Minho hyung found out. I don't want the current situation between us to get even worse.

Out of nowhere, a wave of pain hit my chest, catching me off guard. I bent over one hand grasping my chest, other hand reaching over to my shoelace to pretend tying a double knot.

Hyunjin ran his fingers through my hair, waiting for me to stand up and continue heading towards the hospital.

'Good thing the pain is not as bad as it normally is...this is easier to endure...'

I took a deep breath and stood up. He smiled at me. I couldn’t handle it. I wanted to tell him everything but i couldn’t burden him with this.

'That's right, you shouldn't burden the others with your own problems. They don't deserve to suffer like you.'

The voice burned my thoughts of sharing anything else away. I don't think the voice is that bad anymore. I felt like it helped me...to lessen the burden i give Hyunjin.

"Let's go" i put on the best smile i could make through the pain, interlocking our fingers again and this time, with me being in the front, i pulled him towards the direction of the hospital.