Doubt 의심

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

He was slowly getting used to his consciousnessfloating around in an empty space that felt both like calm winds and storms. It was as if he could feel himself riding along the waves of the ocean while at the same time sinking deep down into the dark abyss. Whenever he got to this state, he would always have no choice but to think. He had absolutely nothing else to do. He knew it always took a while for him to be awoken from this state. He knew in this empty space, there was no one he could turn to. He knew it all...as he slowly got used to losing the battle to stay alive...

A blurry dim light came into view, as Jisung peeked his eyes open. The familiar ceiling, the familiar beeping, the familiar whirring, the familiar feeling. Having no recollection of what happened before he ended up where he was, he looked for answers from whoever was warming his hand by holding it. Giving the stranger a light squeeze, he earned from them a little gasp. A familiar face appeared in his view, a familiar expression warming up his heart.

"My poor baby..."

'Oh...i must be dead......i finally get to see Mom...'

From the corner of Jisung's eye, Minho came into view, confusing him. He wondered if Minho died too. Then, the memories flooded in, from the old house to the speeding car. The beeping started speeding up and all sound was getting distant from his ears. The everything calmed like he entered the eye of a storm. Younghyun came into view and provided him with a comforting smile. The cloud in his ears cleared and he could hear Younghyun whispering a little "Hi~" to him. He removed the tube from Jisung's mouth, finally letting the boy gain back the ability to speak.

"...all...dead...?"

"No, Jisung. We're all alive."

"But-"

Jisung grabbed onto Younghyun's sleeves and pulled himself up. Younghyun helped him while Minho raised the bed from Jisung to lay back down. Now everyone came into sight. 

Younghyun.

Yieun.

Minhae.

Chan.

Minho.

Changbin.

Hyunjin.

Felix.

Seungmin.

Jeongin.

From here on, everything got weird, Jisung thought.

Minhak.

Haesung, Jisung's dad.

Jieun, Jisung's mom.

"...how.....it's....impossible...."

The very first one to provide Jisung any rest from his overheating mind was Minho. His supposed adopted older brother waster no time in bringing him into the warm, loving, comforting arms that had always been there for him. Everything about him calmed Jisung down now that he didn't have anymore secrets hidden from Minho. His scent, his warmth, the sound of his breathing, the beating of his heart. Jisung couldn't help as a smiled made its way on his lips. Everyone in the room melted from the sight.

"You boys gotten so much more close than we last saw."

Jieun ran her fingers through her son's messy hair as their eyes met. It was as if the story could be told through them, they locked onto each other for the longest time. As Minho ran a comforting hand down Jisung's back while Haesung begun telling the story of how they could possibly still be alive after Minhak literally saw them be buried. Similar to Minhak's story, they had their deaths faked to secure their safety and were placed in a warehouse disguised as a prison with the most elite security. But unlike Minhak, they didn't leave the warehouse until they got the news that the culprits were not in power to hurt them anymore.

"But, Aunt Ji...why did they come after you guys and Dad...?"

"Oh...we don't know...all we know is that...we smiled at the culprit while we tried helping him up after he fell..."

"...they're..just...bad...bad....people....."

"Yes, they are. But, the bright side to this is, you're okay. And everyone is back...alive..."

"You know...even though...i won't be adopted by Master Lee...you're still my hyung, right...?"

"Yeah...of course..."

With a new healthy heart, with the danger of the killers away from reach, with their families back together.

What more could they ask for?

Everyone walked happily hand in hand back toward their dorm, while Seungmin strayed behind slightly to look at them. A kind smile broke on his face as he looked up at the sky.

Did i do a good job, Dad?
 


Author-nim : I literally made you guys wait half a year for two chapters and i ended the fic- but yeah, WHO GOT SHOOK BY THE PLOT TWISTS HAHAHAHAHA FIRST MINHAK, THEN JIEUN AND HAESUNG HAHAHAHAHAHA. It was a long ride for 2 years and i'm glad i got to finish this before 2020 ended, (also it's christmas in my timezone now)

Thank you to all my readers and subscribers who decided to read this.
Thank you to everyone who patiently waited for a new chapter.
Thank you to everyone who let my heart and mind go to rest for a while.

And thank you so much for laying your eyes on the letters i assembled together for a story.

I love you all~ 

This will be the last chapter and series fic i will write on Asianfanfics, thank you for being on this journey with me. I may still post some one-shots someday but it'll most likely be for The Boyz's.

Goodbye~