We Thought We Knew

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Changbin POV~
We were near in the outskirts of the company when i suddenly remembered "Ah! Hyung!" Chan hyung spun around.
"Don't we have dance practice today?" Chan hyung gasped, "Oh yeah we do!"
The both of us turned to look at Sung who was not far behind me, he scratched his head "D-Don't look at me like that...i feel fine now, like really...let's go back, i don't want to miss dance practice just cause i'm a little sick..."
I frowned "A little is an understatement, Sung ah..." he dropped his hand down, reached for my sleeve and lightly pulled on it "I know, but i'm really fine now Bin hyung...trust me..."
Chan hyung stepped up and shuffled Sung's hair "Alright, but if any of us sees you having even a little trouble or is in pain, we're going to pull you out of there. Okay?"

Sung silently nodded. His expression said everything. He knew Chan hyung wasn't scolding him, he was just worried. Sung wasn't about to object to anything Chan hyung had said, he knew it was all for his own good.

We flipped back around and headed back in and to our practice room. 

Arriving near the door, we could hear the loud blaring music of Day6 sunbaenim's "Shoot Me". Opening the door confirmed my suspicions and the three of us broke into smiles. In the middle of the practice room stood Seungmin, wildly flailing his arms around and dancing with the most hype he's ever been in as Hyunjin and Jeongin sat on the sofa laughing at him. Seungmin was the first to notice us and waved, followed by Hyunjin and Jeongin who saw us through the reflection of the mirror. Jeongin turned to face us "Hi hyungs~" we waved back while walking in and closing the door behind us.

Hyunjin noticeably had his gaze fixated on Sung "Hi hyungs..." he muttered as he dragged his feet over to Sung. His hand placed on Sung's cheeks "Are you...okay? What happened...?" his expression fell. Sung looked at him, worried and a little afraid "What do you mean, Jinnie?"

~Jisung POV~
'I want to step backwards, i want to hide, i want to run, i want to-'

Jinnie pulled me into a hug, his voice quivered "I'm sorry i wasn't there...thanks for hanging in there...Sungie, you mean everything to me...thank you..."

"Jinnie...how did you know...?" i started shaking, i didn't want to worry any other members but Jinnie seemed to have figured it out without anyone telling him. And...it was making me anxious, the thought of everyone worrying. I couldn't stop shaking and Innie looked like he wanted to come closer "Don't..." was all i could squeak out as i put my right hand up to block him from my vision.

"Innie, come here. Quick." Minnie whisper-shouted and Innie obediently went over. At that moment, i couldn't register the fact Minnie had just helped me to lessen a bit of my anxiety until later on when i think back to this day. Bin hyung stood in front of me, behind Jinnie's back and covered most of my front vision. 

"Jisungie? It's okay. It's alright. They wont over-worry. Okay?" Jinnie's voice soothed me, and i slowly but surely stopped shaking. I stabilized my breathing and loosened his hug, still holding on to his arms. "I'm okay, i just need like...5...please?" everyone nodded and Jinnie slowly led me to the sofa to sit down and lay on his shoulder.

We stayed in that position and no one in the room made a sound. I was curious, more curious than anxious. I needed to ask him.

"Jinnie..."
"Hmm?"
"How did you find out? Did the hyungs tell you?"
"I had a really weird feeling when i was thinking just now. And you walking in just confirmed it."
"Confirmed what?"
"My suspicions of something happening to you..."
"How could you tell...?"
"Your hair, your expression, the way you stuck closer to Changbin hyung than you usually do. And..."
"And...?"

I leaned in as i got closer to my answer, heart racing.

"I've learnt your habits, Jisungie... I know your usual breathing patterns...but today's seemed so...different..."
"In what way...was it different...?"
"You're breathing in way deeper than you usually do..."

I appreciated it. I appreciated Jinnie's existence. I appreciated all the member's existence. But Jinnie takes the win. He even learned my usual breathing patterns just to keep a check on me. I didn't deserve him. I didn't deserve them.

'Of course you don't. All you've done is make them worry and be such a huge burden to everyone.' that voice, that demon returned. I swallowed hard as sweat dripped down my face. 'You should just-'

"Jisungie" Jinnie's voice broke my thoughts and i sat up and looked at him. He knew, and i knew that he knew. "Don't listen to him. Listen to me, Jisungie. You're everything to me. Literally everything. We worry cause we care. You're not a burden, and you never will be. Okay?" he smiled. My heart ached. I nodded and hugged him. 

"I was right when i said i needed 5" i muttered under my breath, referring to the 5 minutes that just passed, with me all calmed down. Jinnie hummed in agreement. "And now we have more than 5 minutes cause Minho hyung and Felix aren't here yet." we returned sitting side by side.

"Jisungie"
"Hmm?"
"Can you answer me one question honestly?"
"Even if i lie, you will see through everything Jinnie..."
"I know"
"..."
"Are you really okay? Like in the way that you can still practice? You sure you don't want to go home first?"
"I'm okay, Jinnie. I won't want to miss a dance practice just cause i'm a little sick..."
"A little is an understatement, Jisungie..."
"Hey, Bin hyung said the exact same thing just now."
"And you know why right?" Jinnie whispered softly as he played with my hair without ever breaking our eye contact through the reflection of the mirror.
"I know, Jinnie...i know"

But who'd ever know...

We Thought We knew...

But it wasn't enough...