Going Home

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Seungmin POV~
We parted ways with Younghyun hyung at the hospital entrance and headed on back to the dorm. Jisung rested calmly on my back, half awake. His right arm crossed over my collar, holding on to his left arm that hung loosely on my shoulder. His head bobbed up and down with each step i walked. The hospital smell still fresh, covering his scent. I tightened my hold on his legs and adjusted him back up, his head just snuggled close to mine in response. I didn't deserve this. I didn't deserve his comfort. If i couldn't help him, then i should get help from him. But...what exactly do i need help for...?

The late night autumn air was cooling. The only thing that warmed me was Jisung's chest pressed against my back. The members chatter faded out like the fog that surrounded us. My mind was muddled with thoughts but mostly regrets. Thoughts about how much better i could have protected him if i had thought harder and deeper at that time. Thoughts about...

"Minnie..." Jisung mumbled tiredly.
"Hmm? What's up?" i didn't expect Jisung to talk at all in his state.

But he caught me...

"Your mind is up...tell it to go to sleep...and enjoy our cooling walk home."
"Wha...i-"
"I can hear it...the noises...the voices..." his arms wrapped further around me "Tell it to go away...Minnie needs to rest...Minnie did his best today...Minnie deserves it..."

Jisung stopped talking for a while, lightly patting my shoulder.

"Minnie...did enough...don't blame Minnie..."

I could feel my emotions running around in all directions. My eyes burning from holding in the tears wanting to spill out. My chest warmed up within seconds from the words of our brother telling me i did enough. I hummed softly as a reply. Taking that as a sign, Jisung lays his head down on my shoulder as his breathing slows down and he falls asleep. Only then did a tear escaped from my eye.

~Hyunjin POV~
While the rest of the members walked behind Seungmin, Innie and i walked in front of him instead like a sacrificial shield. The other members were talking about which food they preferred more, which erupted into an interesting debate with Felix acting as a referee. For the past half an hour, Innie had talked about how Sungie once took him out to a children's toy store to buy him a gift there. Innie explained excitedly and warmly how Jisung picked up a box of the popular glass deco kit and bought it upon seeing how the maknae's eyes shone at the sight of it.

With the end of the recollection of his memory came silence. We turned our heads around to see Seungmin's sullen face and Sungie's half open eyes. A thought went through both Innie and my mind at the same time and we whipped our heads back to face the front and continue walking.

'Sungie is going to talk to Seungmin. They need time alone.'

We shot each other a knowing glance and smiled. I spent the next ten minutes talking about how Sungie and i used to hate each other's guts so much during our pre-debut period. Innie laughing and sharing what he saw from his point of view, using "puffed up squirrel" and "llama that fully took advantage of his height" as references causing me to crack up.

This time when we turned around, we nearly tripped over our own feet. Sungie was now asleep on Seungmin's shoulder. However, the shocking thing was seeing a tear roll down the middle of Seungmin's face, expression sullen but lightly smiling.

Innie and i slowed down our pace to walk on the sides of the two. Seungmin just deeply sighed, the autumn smoke forming a cloud in front of him which he walked through.

"He told me to stop thinking." Seungmin said and Innie gave a confused stare.
"I was thinking about how i didn't deserve his warmth or his comfort or his help. All the regrets flowed in like water and i told myself i should have thought deeper and harder." Seungmin confessed and Innie let out a small "Oh..."

"He told me to tell my mind to go to sleep. He told me to rest and that i deserved it. He told me...that i was enough..."
"And you are." i smiled. 

Seungmin's face reddened in a matter of seconds and his eyes were watery. Despite all that, his smile just grew as he let his tears flow freely. Innie and i broke into laughter and wiped his tears with the sleeves of our sweaters.

"Today must be a good day. I love you guys." Seungmin smiled.
"Today really is a good day. Seungmin has admitted he loves us." hearing that, Innie burst into heavy laughter, attracting the attention of the remaining members.

Now the members had jogged over and panic-laughed at Seungmin's smiling expression with tears. Chan hyung acts sad and says he's jealous he didn't get to hear Seungmin saying that he loves us with his own ears. Minho hyung just talking about how impressed he is that those words had come out of Seungmin's mouth and emphasizes that he's proud of Seungmin for saying that as he wiped away fake tears.

Felix had been walking beside Seungmin and Sungie for a while, keeping his silence. He smiled brightly and whispered "I love you too bro" in which Seungmin giggled and smiled in response. Felix's attention then turns to Sungie and his expression died a little.

I nudged Felix and asked him what's wrong. He just points at Sungie and sighed while smiling.

"How tired must my twin be to have slept through all that laughter." he Sungie's hair slowly a few times and smiles wider.
"I guess we're going to have a sleeping party in the living room tonight. He's going to get so many cuddles. And were going to fight for our place to cuddle with him." i laughed.

I looked a little behind Felix and spotted Changbin hyung. He was walking very close behind Seungmin and Sungie. As i slowed my pace further, it turns out he was patting and rubbing Sungie's back. A small smile worn on his face.

We've been though so much in just a few hours.

And i feel like we've bonded so much more.