Silent Guardian's Gratitude

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Seungmin POV~
All of us stumbled back to the dorm while chatting in our little groups, occasionally erupting in laughter as a whole. Felix was at the front with Changbin hyung, holding and swinging their interlocked hands. Changbin hyung pouted as Felix told him stories, every once in a while whispering something to Felix only for Felix to pull him closer each time, smiling. I was happy for Changbin hyung. Felix cared for him so much, he probably won't feel lonely with him around.

In the middle were me and Jeongin. Jeongin normally would run away from me since i like teasing him so much even when we're walking but after all the crying just now, he's now stuck to my side, loosely holding on to my shirt sleeve. We took more time listening than talking, smiling when our eyes made contact with each other. I guess i'm laying off the teasing for today. At least my presence comforted him.

Behind us were Chan hyung whose neck had Minho hyung's arm hooked around. I could barely hear but Minho hyung sounded like he was talking about Jisung when he was still younger and awkward. Chan hyung seemed amused and laughed every few seconds. Minho hyung seemed so eager to share stories of Jisungie, his eyes shimmered with excitement. Chan hyung looked like they were listening to the best story in their lives.

It started drizzling so we sped up and reached the door in no time. Chan hyung opened the door and we all slid and piled on each other in the living room, tired. Hyunjin and Jisung were nowhere in sight and i was curious as to where they were. I went to the first place i expected them to be at, and i found them. Jisungie was sleeping on Hyunjin's bed with his arm slung over Hyunjin's back, while Hyunjin was sitting beside him but upper body laid over Jisungie. I walked over for a closer look, and i could see dried tear tracks on the side of Jisungie's face. I did what i thought i had to do, i slipped into the bathroom silently and wet a cloth, walked back and wiped Jisungie's face with it. He seemed deep asleep considering he didn't react to what i was doing. Hyunjin on the other hand slowly woke up and looked and me, then at Jisungie, then back at me.

"I-"
"Thanks, Hyunjin ah~" i smiled at him and gave him a quick side hug and slid out the room.

'I'm so thankful to Hyunjin for being there for Jisungie. I don't even know how to express my feelings openly to Jisungie and help him. I only know how to secretly help him when he's out cold. I was so happy that Hyunjin was there for Jisungie, and i'm glad Jisungie let's Hyunjin be there for him.'

I walked past the living room where everyone except Hyunjin, Jisung and Chan hyung were and went toward the kitchen but heard laptop clicks in Chan hyung and Changbin hyung's room, i turned around to peek inside. Chan hyung was on my laptop, looking like he was already editing songs after coming back before eating. I slid in and called out for him "Chan hyung~" he turned around and looked at me.

"Seungmin? What's the matter? Hmm~? Why are you grinning like that?"

~Chan POV~
I heard Seungmin call my name from the door and i looked at him "Seungmin? What's the matter? Hmm~? Why are you grinning like that?" i noticed Seungmin was grinning widely and his eyes' were smiling with it. Seungmin walked closer to me, slowly guiding me off my chair.

"Hyung~" Seungmin started while looking deeply into my eyes.

'I honestly thought Seungmin might talk to me about his problems or if he was depressed or something. I guess i was afraid his smile had another meaning like everytime i look at Jisung.'

"Chan hyung~" Seungmin pulled me into a hug and further whispered "Thanks for gathering us and making Stray Kids~ My life won't be the same now if it weren't for you. Thank you..."

I was speechless and i couldn't find the words to say, so i just wrapped my arms around his back and hugged him tight. Who knows how long had passed while we were hugging in silence, but feeling Seungmin not loosen his arms made me want to hold him longer. I don't want to risk another brother falling into the depths of depression and hide in silence.

"Chan hyung~ let's go order something to eat~ i'm hungry~"
"Alright, let's go~"

Everyone except Hyunjin and Jisung were on the living room floor ordering take-out food on the phone. Hyunjin peeked his head out from the room and shout-whispered "Sungie and i will get the same thing we got last time~" before retreating back into the room. We all giggled happily together. I just hoped Jisungie would soon pour out his feelings instead of keeping it in himself. Even if it's just to Hyunjin, as long as he lessen's the weight on his chest.

Things seemed to be going up and down for the past few days, i can't help but feel like something is gonna happen to Jisungie. I won't tell the other members about my view on this but i'll keep an eye on him.

'I don't want to lose any of them. It took so long for fate to bring us together, i'm not gonna let it bring us apart. And if that happens, i will deny fate for the sake of our little family. For i am, Stray Kids' Silent Guardian'


Author's Note
Author-nim: Aight~ that was a bit of a cringe ride at the end but i don't regret it. I type whatever i imagine. And apparently school started and i assumed i would write slower but no~ i sped up. But it's all about how fast i can imagine and write it out as words. I'm so soft for the Skz loving and caring for each other. It's gonna take so long for this series to end but stick around~ it'll be nice...i think hahaha

Enjoy!!!