Changbin's Guilt

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Chan POV~
After Minho told the members about Jisung's parents, their emotions crashed like the rough waves of the sea. I had to console Changbin before leaving; his tears wouldn't stop flowing. I can't blame him, no one can. Even though Changbin had already heard about it from me before the other members, he couldn't maintain his cool. In fact, he had already moved past it along with Jisung and forgot about it, it was just too much pain for him to take. But retelling the story and making Changbin remember something he already forgotten just hurt him. It hurt him that he had forgotten it and had hurt Jisung's feelings the last couple of days. It hurt him knowing that he knew it earlier than most of the members and he could have been there for Jisung, but he moved forward and had pushed Jisung aside.

"Hyung, i f-feel so s-stupid, s-so useless...it already hurts me l-like this, i-imagine what he's going through..." Changbin hid his face in my shoulder and weeped. "Now when i think back to the times whenever i'm with him...he's always smiling...but he looks so fragile...but hyung...it hurts so much...i can't help but forget..."

"It's okay Changbin ah...it's okay for you to forget it if it's too much...i'll remember it regardless...he needs at least one pillar...but Changbin ah~" Changbin lifts his face and looks at me with fresh streaks of tears running from his reddened eyes "Just remember to praise him, assist him, and help him out if he looks off" i smiled at him and wiped his tears with my thumbs.

"Okay hyung...i just hope Jisungie is okay...even though Minho hyung forgave him...he is still the type that would overthink and blame himself..." Changbin puffed his cheeks and sighed.

"He'll be alright...he has us. Oh and Changbin ah i forgot to say this but..."
"What?" Changbin lifted an eyebrow awaiting my reply.
"Don't forget to hug him once in a while. Our squirrel boy loves hugs." Changbin nodded and hugged me back.

The three of us sat there for what felt like forever while the other members were also talking at the other side of the practice room. Changbin took a look at his phone and scrolled through his messages. He stopped moving for a moment just staring at the floor beneath him, suddenly taking a deep breath to speak but stopped and sighed heavily.

"What's wrong Changbin ah?"
"It doesn't make sense..."
"What doesn't make sense?" I was now holding Changbin's hand after he put his phone away.
"I forgot to shut off my silent mode on my phone so i didn't know if anyone called or texted me. I just checked it and i found out that Jisung texted me in the morning after we left. But now after all this, this is ridiculous..."
"Why? What happened? What did Jisungie say?"

Changbin took out his phone again and showed us the text he received from Jisung.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Changbin & Jisung's text-
Our Sungie : Good morning~

Our Sungie : Did our Changbinnie hyung sleep well?

Our Sungie : Hope you guys get to wrap up the practice soon and well today.

Our Sungie : It'll be nice to see things be well and smooth without seeing you and Chan hyung wrecking your brains writing songs after that.

Our Sungie : Sorry for spilling your cola can the other day...

Our Sungie : I'm really sorry hyung...

Me : Yeah i slept well

Me : We already wrapped up now, it was fast today

Me : Ahaha aren't you talking about yourself too?

Me : It's alright, it was wrong for me to get that mad at you, sorry for that

Me : Don't beat yourself up for it, it's alright

Me : Hurry up and recover, it's cold and lonely here without you

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Which part of it doesn't make sense?"
"He's just so...h-happy" Changbin started shedding tears again and laid in his own hands "It doesn't make s-sense that h-he's so happy...so many things happened within the past few days a-against him...and we all know he's would b-blame himself for each and everything...but he still smiles and t-tries to make us happy...no matter how much we h-hurt him...it d-doesn't make sense..."

I put a hand on Changbin's lap "But at the same time it does make sense, Changbin ah~" Changbin looked at me awaiting my comment "Because it's Jisung. Not me, not Chan, not you, not any of the rest but Jisung. Because he puts himself before the others. You could wreck him up all you want but he's still gonna come back with a smile brighter than the sun. Also because we are all he has. But it's okay, cause we're here now and we all can help him."

Changbin wiped his tears, stood up and shouted out "HAN JISUNG YOU BIG DUMBO, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH SO STOPPED BEATING YOURSELF UP AND START TO LOVE YOURSELF MORE THAN YOU LOVE US!!!"

All the members that were there looked up at Changbin like he was a psycho with a knife at first but all of us including Changbin himself broke into a smile after he finished.

I stood up and hooked my arm over his shoulder "Should we head back now? Let's take all take a break today. And you Changbin~ let's procrastinate today and write tomorrow."

We all smiled and packed up our things. All thinking about our precious squirrel brother who would spend the rest of his lifetime making us happy.


Author's Note:
Author-nim : Hi again~ i'm procrastinating so hard even though Chan be like "Like mate, stop procrastinating" but haha oops. Just saying cuz i don't want to confuse you guys in the next chapter, the next chapter is the chat the other four are having at the same time this chapter is happening. And school is starting so imma write slower...maybe~ haha see you guys in the next one~ (  />w<)/