Voices (Part 1)

Lost Affection, Lost Emotions

~Changbin POV~
I'm worried for Jisungie. That one time he told me about the voices, was the last time he told me about anything bad. Even then, he hid behind his mask and controlled his feelings. But his eyes...were broken, distorted, shattered. The smile he displayed was bright and nothing seemed off about that but his eyes were so dark. Like as if it was darkened by the shadows trying to consume him. But all he told me was "It's scary hyung, but don't listen to the voices in your head. They like to guide you down the wrong lane. Resist it. Before it consumes you."

-2 Years Ago-
I've known Jisungie for about half a year now and i have a feeling he's starting to warm up to me, he seems to express his emotions more now.

It was 7:45pm. I had finally finished all my classes and practices for the day.

"Hyung! Changbin hyung!" i turn around to see Jisungie flying towards me as i reached out to catch him before he falls. He gets down from my arms and giggles "Hehe hyung, i didn't expect you to catch me."
"Does that mean you were preparing to hit the floor, Sung ah?" i felt my own lips curve downward.

Jisungie looked at my expression then tilted his head downward and looked at the floor "...I'm sorry hyung..." i could see shiny droplets fall from his face.

"Sung ah?? Are you crying? Why are you crying? I'm sorry, Sung ah. Hyung didn't mean to be mad at you." i held up his face and wiped his tears with my sleeve, which only seemed to make him cry more. I panicked and pulled him in for a hug, as i held the back of his head with one hand and rubbed his back with the other. "I-It's not H-Hyungie's fault...it's just that i r-really didn't think about i-if i had fallen...i-if you didn't catch me...i f-feel bad for not p-planning ahead..."

I held him tighter in my arms and i felt him melt on me, his legs losing strength as he started leaning on me more for support. I swept him up and carried him over to the sofa at the side of the practice room. I sat down slowly and continued rubbing his back and patting his head. "S-sorry hyung..." his voice cracked through the fabric of my shirt. "It's alright, hyung is here to catch you anyway."

I heard the room door open and Chan hyung walked in and stopped when he looked at us through the reflection in the mirror. He quietly put down his things and walked over softly and sat down beside us. Chan hyung looked at Jisungie, then at me, and he mouthed "What happened?" i held Jisung tight in my grip and mouthed back at Chan hyung "It's my fault. Was being a bad hyung."

He then looked at me and mouthed "Should i talk to him now?" and i nodded. Chan hyung then walked to the other side of the sofa where it's closer to Jisung, sat down beside Jisung who is still hugging me koala-style, and started "Sungie? It's me, Chan hyung." Jisungie peeked at him and reached his hand out to grab Chan hyung's hand. He then shifted his head back to lean on my shoulder. Who knows how long has past and Jisungie still stayed silent, but we both noticed that Jisungie's breathing had already slowed down and his grip on Chan hyung's hand had loosened.

"He must be exhausted. Let's bring him home, i'll pack the things for you guys." Chan hyung mouthed at me as he went over to pack our stuff. I slowly but carefully stood up while still carrying Jisungie the whole time, and walked home.

At that time, Hyunjin and Jeongin were already living in our dorm and opened the door to an interesting sight. Jeongin stood there frozen with his jaw wide open, while Hyunjin came over and help Chan hyung take our things to our rooms. I laid Jisungie down on his bed in Hyunjin, Jeongin and his room. I the AC and covered him with his blanket, not without brushing his hair aside to reveal his puffy eyes. I felt angry at myself. The rest of us four gathered in Chan hyung and my room.

We all sat down and before Chan hyung gets to say anything, we all notice Jeongin fidgeting in his place. "Innie? He's alright, it's not very serious." i reassured Jeongin and he relaxed. "Hyung, what happened to Sungie? Is he sick?" i was finding the words to say as Chan hyung found his before me "Jisungie isn't sick. He was just a little stressed out i think. But if we need more information, we need to ask Changbinnie. Only he was there. I came after it all happened." Chan hyung looked over at me and i nodded.

"I finished my schedule for the day and Jisungie came jumping towards me. But it was at such an angle where if i hadn't catch him in time, he would have hit the floor. So i got a little mad and asked him if he actually prepared to hit the floor. He then started crying and said that he didn't think about that and kept apologizing to me. I guess his schedule and all the crying drained his energy, he seems to be well asleep."

I felt guilty, that i made Jisungie cry. I just didn't want him to hurt himself, but i didn't expect i would get mad and that he would cry.

Hyunjin and Jeongin both looked a little sad. I glanced over to Chan hyung and he had a face of relief "Ohh, so that's what you meant by you were being a bad hyung. I thought you did something else. Bin ah, that's called being a good hyung. You cared for him. Though i guess you did scare him haha." he smiled ruffled both Hyunjin and Jeongin's hair "Nothing to worry about. He'll be fine. If you guys are still worried, keep an eye out for him but don't make it too obvious." they nodded.

I needed to talk to Jisungie but i wanted to wait until he woke up. He required the rest he was getting after the bad day.


Author's Note
Author-nim : Sup, i'm still busy but i need to take out my feelings on my fanfics so...here are two new chapters. I didn't wanna post it so far apart cause well, i don't want you guys to read this chapter and forget it while reading the next cause they connect. These two chapters are flashbacks at a time where Stray Kids only had "3RACHA, Jeongin, and Hyunjin" inside (mainly because i don't know the real order). Anyway, enjoy reading~