Yoongi's 4th Birthday (March 9, 2018)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin and Taehyung sit in Seokjin’s lap, trying to push past each other to get closer to the camera in the omega’s hands. Seokjin just chuckles at the 16-month olds, holding on to them to make sure they don’t tumble out of his lap. “I have a feeling the two of you are going to be little divas when you get older. Always trying to steal the spotlight~”

Jimin turns around and stands up in his dad’s lap, patting at his face. Seokjin playfully nips at his fingers, causing him to squeal in laughter and pull his hand away. Taehyung becomes bored of the camera and climbs out of the omega’s lap, toddling to the toy basket behind him and starts pulling all of the toys in a search for one that peaks his interest. “Today is a very special day.” The omega says to the camera. “It’s Yoongi’s birthday!”

“Oogi~” Jimin says happily, smiling at the mention of his older brother.

“Yeah, Yoongi~” Seokjin coos to the younger omega, pressing a kiss to his forehead afterwards which increases the brightness of the pup’s smile. “He’s four years old today. My little pup is growing up!”

After a brief moment of silence from Seokjin trying to hold back tears, he continues. “Anyway, yesterday, right before bed, he and I mapped out what today would look like, since it’s his special day. The only thing we couldn’t accommodate for is that he wants Namjoon to spend all day with us, but we’ve already talked through it with him and explained that Dada still has to work today, but that the second he gets home it’ll be all about Yoongi, and he’ll be here all day tomorrow when we have his birthday party, so it’s all good.”

Seokjin looks at Jimin. “You ready to go start big brother’s birthday?” Jimin nods with his fingers in his mouth. “Okay, let’s go to the kitchen~” He gently nudges the pup out of his lap and looks over his shoulder. “Tae Tae, let’s go to the kitchen!” The alpha pup quickly hugs the lion stuffed animal he had just picked up to his chest and walks over to his dad as Seokjin stands up from the floor.

Once in the kitchen, Seokjin sets the camera on the counter and straps the twins into their high chairs. He then walks over to the shelves at the end of the kitchen table. “What do y’all wanna play with today?” He brings over a basket of toys to the table for the boys to look at. Jimin pulls out a box of circular objects and Taehyung claps in excitement. “You wanna stack the circles?” The omega asks, pulling out something that looks similar to a ring toss stand and sets it on the table in front of the boys. “This is the twin’s favorite game right now, and it’s great for their fine motor skills-oh god, when did this channel turn into a child development one.” Seokjin laughs at himself before continuing. “Anyway, the boys’ pediatrician has been recommending we work on the twins’ fine motor skills a lot to try to prevent any delays that could be caused by them being preemies, so since Pinterest is my best friend, I went on there to get some ideas. All this game is, I cut up an old paper towel roll and they can stack them onto this stand and take them off…” The timing of Seokjin’s explanation was perfect as the twins began playing as if demonstrating for the camera. “They once sat here for half an hour doing this right here, so they definitely enjoy it.”

Off camera, a door squeaks open causing Seokjin to look in the direction of Hoseok’s room. “Good morning, Hobi~” Seokjin greets as the three-year-old comes to stand in the doorway of the kitchen.

Hoseok pauses rather than entering the kitchen, head turned toward the other door in the family room. “Dada taking a shower?”

“Yeah, he’s in the shower~” The three-year-old disappears from the camera’s sight.

Seokjin begins laughing quietly as a pounding sound is heard. “Open the door, Dada!” Hoseok yells off camera, desperate to be in the bathroom with his dad.

“Hobi, let’s let Dada shower in peace~” He walks over and takes the three-year-old by the hand, leading him into the kitchen. “Why don’t you help me make Yoongi’s birthday breakfast?” Hoseok cheerily agrees and walks across the kitchen with his dad.

Seokjin picks up the camera as he passes it and films the fridge where a brightly decorated paper hangs. “This is Yoongi’s birthday schedule. It still fits with our normal daily schedule, just altered to do everything Yoongi wants today.” Hoseok stands on his tip toes, trying to reach the very top of the paper so he can point to the first item on the schedule. “First is breakfast, and Yoongi asked for the ‘peach yogurt thing’ for breakfast, meaning he wants a peach parfait that I started making at the beginning of the year as a part of my new year’s resolution to try a new recipe once a week. So, let’s go make it~”

He sets the camera back on the counter and plugs in the griddle normally used for pancakes so that it’ll be ready when it’s time to grill the peach slices, the staple of the specific recipe he uses. After helping Hoseok wash his hands (and washing his own), he pours sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a bowl and lets Hoseok stir it together while he slices the peaches. They coat the fruit in the mixture before placing it on the grill. As Seokjin’s removing the fruit from the grill and placing them in small bowls, Namjoon enters the room already dressed for work. “Breakfast almost done?” The alpha asks as he comes to stand behind his mate, kissing him on the cheek and his second oldest son on top of the head as the omega hums in confirmation.

“Can you get me the peach yogurt from the fridge?” Namjoon follows Seokjin’s request, setting the container on the counter before going to sit at the table with the twins to play with them.

Jimin and Taehyung abandon their activity to tug at their dad’s tie and jacket while Seokjin guides Hoseok to fill each bowl with yogurt. He leaves the three-year-old to sprinkle granola on top of each dish while he fills two bowls with just the yogurt for the twins to have. After placing each dish on the tray, plus some sippy cups full of juice for each boy, Seokjin asks Namjoon to grab the camera and the family travels through the house to get to the oldest pup’s room.

Seokjin pushes open the door and leads everyone inside, Namjoon immediately focusing the camera on the now four-year-old curled up on the bed, elephant toy tucked under his arm. Seokjin sets the breakfast tray on the bedside table, sitting on the edge of the bed while the rest of the pups climb up. “Yoongi, wake up, sugar bear~” He rubs the pup’s back until he begins to stir. The young alpha stretches his arms out and blinks open his eyes. Once the alpha’s awake, Seokjin starts singing Happy Birthday to him, Namjoon’s voice joining in behind the camera. Yoongi smiles at the action, rubbing his eyes while sitting up in bed. “You want your breakfast?”

Yoongi nods eagerly with a ‘yeah’ and Seokjin moves to distribute the breakfast as Namjoon sets the camera down, sitting on the floor to join his family for breakfast. Seokjin urges the twins to sit on the floor with alpha, as they were learning to feed themselves and he didn’t want them to make a mess on Yoongi’s bed, so Namjoon gladly accepts the company, helping them out between taking his own bites whenever they struggle to get the yogurt in their mouths.

When Namjoon finishes his breakfast, the pups are nearing the bottom of their bowls, and Seokjin is on his third (thankfully the omega had made extras), he announces that he has to go to work. “Bye, sugar bear, happy birthday~” He kisses the birthday boy on top of the head, giving him an extra-long hug before doing the same to his other three sons. He then kisses his mate goodbye before leaving the room for the day.

///

“Tell everyone what we’re about to do.” Seokjin says, sitting on the floor of the boys’ playroom while Hoseok and Yoongi sit at their table, the twins’ already busy stacking up some colorful foam blocks a few feet away from where Seokjin sits.

“We’re gonna make a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter