Sick Namjoon and Sleep Deprived Jungkook (January 13, 2019)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin looks tiredly into the camera, Jungkook sitting in his lap and looking at the electronic with his wide, bright eyes. “Well, today’s going to be a fun day~” Seokjin’s voice is gravelly with exhaustion. “Let me tell you how my day is going so far. First, a certain alpha kept me up all night with his trips to the bathroom thanks to a virus that he has now brought into this house.”

“Blame whatever student decided to go to school sick!” Namjoon defends himself from off camera.

Seokjin continues as if his mate hasn’t said anything. “And then a certain pup decided to poop a little before 5:00 this morning and now refuses to go back to sleep.” He looks down at Jungkook. “I’m supposed to get at least two more hours of sleep than this, why won’t you let me?”

In response, the four-month-old pup reaches up and pats his dad’s chest. “Is this your way of comforting me?” Seokjin jokes. Jungkook then leans forward and tries to latch onto him through his pajama shirt. “Oh, nope, you’re hungry. Hopefully you’ll go back to sleep now~”

///

Jungkook is doing tummy time on a blanket on the kitchen floor while Seokjin films the older four pups standing on stepstools by the counter. “What are you pups doing?”

“Dada’s tummy hurts, so we’re gonna make him breakfast.” Yoongi explains.

“He’s gonna love that~” Seokjin praises them. “What are you gonna make?” The four pups look at each other before shrugging. “Can I help?” The four boys nod excitedly. “How about we do the BRAT diet?”

“What’s that?” Hoseok voices the confusion that’s written on the other three’s faces.

“It means bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It’s foods that make your tummy feel better when it hurts.”

“Then we have to do that!” Yoongi insists.

Seokjin sets the camera down on the counter and starts to help the four pups make a breakfast tray, occasionally glancing at Jungkook to check on him. He peels bananas with the ‘help’ of Jimin and Taehyung and puts the other two in charge of scooping applesauce into a bowl while they wait for the toast to finish. Once the toast pops up, Seokjin lets Yoongi and Hoseok spread peanut butter on one slice each.

“Me do it!” Jimin whines, reaching out for the peanut butter jar.

“Me!” Taehyung joins in.

Seokjin gets a piece of untoasted bread and puts a tiny amount of peanut butter into a bowl to make it easier for the two toddlers to scoop the peanut butter. They then proceed to put globs of it on the bread, only managing to spread it slightly.

Once they’re done, Seokjin helps them arrange it on a tray and helps situate the tray in Yoongi’s arms. He then picks up Jungkook and the camera before following the boys into his and Namjoon’s bedroom, Yoongi leading the way slowly as he tries not to drop the breakfast they made for Namjoon. Namjoon is sleeping away, so Jimin immediately tries to climb on the bed with him, as the two-year-old omega usually wakes his dad up during the weekend by scenting him. “Jiminie, baby, you can’t do that today.” Jimin pouts at his dad. “I’m sorry, but Dada is sick, you might get sick too.”

The toddler’s lip begins to quiver, signaling an oncoming meltdown. Seokjin doesn’t even get the chance to try to calm him down before Taehyung is swooping in, wrapping his arms around his twin and sticking his face in the crook of his neck. Jimin’s face immediately brightens, a giggle escaping his mouth as he wraps his arms around the young alpha to return the hug.

Seokjin, not wanting to risk any of the pups getting sick, takes on the responsibility of waking the alpha up. He does so by lifting his leg up and nudging him until he starts to stir. “Are you feeling better?” He asks as Namjoon stretches.

The alpha nods sleepily, mumbling, “A little bit.” He finally opens his eyes and a smile spreads across his face as he sees Yoongi standing next to the bed with a breakfast tray. “Did you make me breakfast?”

Yoongi and Hoseok both nod happily as the older of the young alphas hands the tray to Namjoon. “We all did!” Yoongi says then explains what everyone did, the twins joining in with exclamations of what they did now that they’re done with their cuddle session.

Once Namjoon begins eating, Seokjin says, “Alright, now let’s get out of here before he contaminates all of us.”

“Love you too!” Namjoon calls out as they file out of the room.

///

Seokjin zooms in on a very angry Jungkook lying in his crib. “Go to sleep~” The omega practically begs. “It’s nap time.” Jungkook just cries harder, kicking his little legs. “You’ve been awake for a little over four hours now, it is time to sleep.” Jungkook continues to cry until Seokjin finally sighs and sets the camera down where it will still film them.

He picks the pup up, who immediately stops crying, and gently bounces him while walking around the room. “Why won’t you sleep?” He asks, patting the pup’s back. “Look, Dada’s sleeping well. You should be like Dada.”

After a few more minutes of the soothing, it seems that Jungkook is finally falling asleep, so Seokjin slowly lowers him to his crib. However, the second the pup’s back hits the crib, he’s crying again. “Kookie, it’s time for me to go clean! I can’t stay in here rocking and holding you the entire time.” Jungkook’s cries increase in volume, and the sick alpha that’s sleeping begins to stir in the bed, a look of discomfort on his face. “You wanna use your paci today?” Since the pup is incapable of answering, Seokjin goes ahead and grabs the pacifier they use on rare occasions and holds it to the infant’s lips, sighing in relief when the crying stops immediately. “You good? Can I go clean now?”

Seokjin picks the camera back up and walks to the playroom where the others are playing together. Hoseok and Taehyung play with the toy kitchen, Taehyung caring more about making sure his chef hat stays on than actually pretending to cook the food with Hoseok, while Yoongi sits with Jimin in his lap, ‘reading’ Pancakes for Breakfast, a book that is told only through pictures and not words, to the young omega.

“Moo cow!” Jimin exclaims just as Seokjin steps into the room, pointing to the page of the book.

“Does anyone want to be my special helper today?” Seokjin asks.

Hoseok immediately abandons the toy kitchen, yelling out, “I do, I do, I do!”

Seokjin quickly tells him that Dada and Kookie are trying to sleep before leading him to the kitchen. Once there, he wets a kitchen rag and puts a little soap on it before handing it to Hoseok, letting him wipe down the kitchen table while he loads the dishwasher. When Seokjin is halfway through with the dishes, the cries of a distressed pup fill the air. Seokjin stares at the camera with a frustrated expression before leaving the kitchen, muttering, “why did Namjoon have to be sick today,” to himself.

///

Seokjin films from his cell phone on a selfie stick, saying that he’s too lazy to use the real camera right now. “I need a little relaxation, and I normally get it at this time by lounging in the backyard while the pups play, but it is way too cold today, so we’re having a very rare and highly appreciated TV time.” He zooms out slightly to show that his chest and Jungkook are haphazardly covered by a blanket, obviously having only been thrown on for the sake of the camera. “I got Kookie nursing, and hopefully going to sleep.” He moves the stick to show the bowl of broccoli and dip sitting on the couch next to him. “I got snacks.” He flips the camera mode to show the four pups lying on the floor in front of him and the TV. “I got my pups, and we got Shimmer and Shine on the TV.”

He flips back to selfie mode. “The only thing missing is cuddles from my mate.” Seokjin pouts slightly. “Joonie, get better soon~” With perfect timing, as if they had planned it, the toilet flushes, signaling that Namjoon had just been in there.

///

Seokjin sits in the driver’s seat of their car, once again filming on his phone. “I decided to take the boys out for lunch so they could spend some time outside and hoping that the drive would help soothe Jungkook to sleep…it did not work.” Seokjin sighs, exhaustion spread across his features. “The other day, Namjoon and I went back and watched some of my old vlogs, and we came across the one that he had a cameo in before we officially met and began dating. In that vlog, I mentioned that asking my dad for money was the scariest thing I would ever have to do in my life.”

Seokjin chuckles humorlessly. “I was so naïve and innocent back. What I’m about to do right now is genuinely the scariest thing I will ever have to do in my life.”

The video jumps to Seokjin filming as he opens the backdoor of the car. “Let’s go shopping!” He sets the selfie stick down after switching the mode to film himself to strap Jungkook into the baby harness so he could carry him on his chest throughout the store. He then unstraps the twins and Hoseok from their car seats, Yoongi able to do so by himself, before helping them all out of the car and leading them as best he can by himself to the entrance to the store.

“Look, they have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter