Namjoon's First Day & Our House is Nearly Finished! (August 15, 2016)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Joooooonie~” Seokjin whines, shaking his mate as the annoying sound of an alarm clock fills the air. “Waaaaaake uuuuup~” Namjoon groans, pushing Seokjin’s hand away. “You told them at your interview that you were always punctual! If you don’t get up, you’re gonna be late on your first day, and then you’ll be written off as a liar!” The alpha groans again but finally opens his eyes, blinking sleepily up at his mate and the camera in his hands. “Go shower so you can spend the day surrounded by a bunch of high school seniors.”

“Alright~” Namjoon grumbles, voice deeper than normal from having just woken up. “I’m getting up.”

“I’m gonna go get the boys up and make breakfast.” Seokjin announces as Namjoon throws the blanket off of him.

Seokjin enters Yoongi and Hoseok’s room where the younger of the two is already standing up in his crib, waiting to be set free. “Good morning, Hobi~” Seokjin coos, picking the young alpha up with one arm and setting him on the floor before moving over to Yoongi’s bed. “Wake up, sugar bear.” Seokjin coos gently, rubbing the toddler’s back until he begins to stir. When he finally awakens, he climbs out of the bed and rubs his eyes sleepily. “Let’s go sit on the potty, okay?”

///

The two pups squish playdough between their fingers as Seokjin brings over some bowls of berries to the table, the camera propped up at the end of the table. “Time to put the playdough up.” Yoongi immediately does as asked, mashing the dough as far down into the container as he can while Hoseok cries, causing Seokjin to have to pry it out of the toddler’s hand.

Namjoon walks in as Seokjin is spreading peanut butter on some bagels for the pups in a sweater and slacks. “I look okay, right?”

Seokjin smiles at his mate and turns to him. “You look very handsome.” He gently presses his lips to the alpha’s for a couple of seconds, only for Namjoon to playfully rub his stomach.

“Why does Jimin always kick me when we hug or kiss?”

Yoongi whips his head around, hand reaching out for his dad’s protruding stomach. “My Chim!”

Holding in a laugh, Seokjin steps closer to the toddler so he can feel where one of the twins was still somewhat active in his tummy while Namjoon moves to fix his own bagel for breakfast. “You feel Chim?” Yoongi nods, giggling slightly at the feeling of his little brother going crazy. “Where’s Tae Tae?” With his free hand, Yoongi points to the other side of Seokjin’s stomach. “That’s right!”

As their family breakfast wraps up, Namjoon asks the pups, “You two are gonna be good for Daddy while I’m at work, right?”

Hoseok and Yoongi both nod, their matching Cars sippy cups in their mouths while Seokjin verbally answers for them. “Of course! Memaw and Grampa are going to pick us up in an hour and we’re gonna go work on our new house!”

“No picking up heavy things.” Namjoon commands, making Seokjin roll his eyes. “Don’t go in rooms that are being painted, don’t-“

“Every room has been painted. All that’s left is decorating and putting the furniture in, which your dad and cousins will be doing. I will only be playing with the boys and doing light work, you have nothing to worry about.”

“Don’t play too hard-“

“Namjoon~” Seokjin shoots his mate a glance, earning a quick peck in response before Namjoon moves to finish getting ready for his first day of work teaching at the local public high school.

///

Seokjin holds the camera, filming the two pups who are captivated by their dad putting his work bag over his shoulder. “Tell Dada to have a good day at work!” The pups stay silent as Namjoon squats down in front of them, holding his arms open for a hug. The two toddlers don’t hesitate to rush towards him, nearly knocking him over with the force of their hug.

Namjoon squeezes them, kissing the tops of their heads before letting go and standing back up. “Bye bye~” Namjoon says, waving to them. The pups return the gesture.

“Bye bye~” Seokjin’s hand appears as he waves bye to his mate. “Have a good day, love you!”

“I love you,” is the last thing out of Namjoon’s mouth before he exits the apartment.

///

Seokjin films Yoongi and Hoseok running around what is soon to be their new backyard, Namjoon’s mother playing right alongside them. “You like our backyard set up?” Seokjin asks, panning over the swingset, playhouse with a slide, and outdoor toy area. “This was the first thing we did so the boys would have something to do while we were working inside.”

Seokjin turns the camera towards him, revealing that he’s sitting in an outdoor chair. “We haven’t shown you the house yet because we’ve wanted to keep some things secret while we were painting and fixing things up. But since we’re estimated to be moving in by this weekend, I’ll go ahead and show you how things look now and tell you a bit about what we’re planning, then you can see the finished product when we officially move in.

The omega pushes himself out of the chair and announces to his mother in law that he’s going inside before walking through the carport and around to the front door of the house. He walks through the open door and immediately pans around the living room, where one of Namjoon’s cousins and childhood friends are busy putting a mini bookshelf together. “Here is our living room.” Seokjin introduces. “We’re doing navy, turquoise, and pink for the colors. As you can see, the walls have been painted turquoise…” he moves the camera around as he shows different parts of the room. “Junghee and Yongsook are putting together a small, decorative bookshelf to fill the area right here by Yoongi’s room…right here will be the sitting area. As you can see, we already have a pastel pink rug laid down, and on it, we’ll have a turquoise couch with navy accents, then we’ll have two navy armchairs with pink accents and a coffee table right here…and we got a fireplace right here to make it all cozy.” He walks away from the center of the room to the back wall. “Over here, we have a table and chairs set up. This is going to be Namjoon’s work space when he’s grading, and we can also put food or other stuff out if we ever have guests over or something. I don’t know, I thought it was cute and chose it on an impulse.” He walks to the far end of the living room. “This is the reading area. We’re going to put a table right here in between the built in shelves, then we’ll have a recliner on either side, just make it all comfy.”

He crosses back over to the other side and steps into the bedroom. “This is going to be Yoongi’s room. I asked him what color he wanted his new room to be and he said black.” Seokjin sighs deeply behind the camera. “I decided to compromise and let him have some things be black, but the majority of it will be red and white, and then he can change it when he’s older.” He steps further into the room and begins explaining the layout. “The only rooms that have their own closets are mine and Namjoon’s and the twins’ nursery. Hoseok and Yoongi are going to share the walk in closet in the back hallway, but I also wanted the boys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter