Getting better (January 16, 2019)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin sits up in bed, the top of Jungkook’s head peeking out from under a blanket as he nurses, while Namjoon is still laying down, rubbing his eyes as he’s just woken up. “How are you feeling today?” Namjoon mumbles an incoherent answer. “You’ve kept your food in your stomach where it belongs for a whole 24 hours. Are you going to work today or staying home just to play it safe?”

Namjoon groans and stretches his arms before answering. “Going to work. I’ve already missed two days.”

“We skipped yesterday’s vlog because most of us were still sick. The only thing you really missed was Jungkook’s first experience with solid food and a lot of throwing up from the twins.” Seokjin explains while Namjoon starts to doze off again. “Yoongi and Jungkook have been spared thankfully, but yesterday Hoseok started to feel a bit down. Nowhere near as bad as the twins though, hopefully he won’t get fully sick. Taehyung is still sick, I was up with him half the night, but Jimin is better. He’s got that omega immune system in him, so by the time he went to bed last night, he was in near perfect condition. Maybe it’ll all pass soon.”

Their bedroom door creaks open and Seokjin turns his head to see who the intruder was, soon after turning the camera to show Jimin pulling himself up on to their bed. “Did you sleep so much the past two days that you’re up early now?” Jimin nods, flopping down on top of Namjoon’s chest, successfully waking the alpha back up, and shoving his face in his dad’s neck.

“Good morning to you too, Jimin~” Jimin giggles, nuzzling his nose against the alpha’s scent gland.

“Okay, you can have cuddles for a little bit longer, but Dada’s gotta get up soon to get ready for work.” Jimin nods, but still pouts a bit at the idea of his father leaving.

///

The camera sits at the end of the kitchen table as Seokjin sets some toast in front of Taehyung and Hoseok and oatmeal in front of Jimin. He sits down next to Jungkook’s high chair with another bowl of oatmeal, stirring it around slightly with a baby spoon. “We’ve actually been giving Jungkook some oatmeal during dinner to get him used to actual food, but we don’t normally film our dinners. If everyone hadn’t been sick last night, we would have filmed Jungkook’s first time eating apple puree for you to see, but dinner last night was a mess, so we didn’t. He liked it, though, we’ll probably film it later so you can see.”

Yoongi and Namjoon enter the kitchen to say goodbye to their family before leaving for school and work respectively. Yoongi gives Seokjin a big hug and kiss before moving on to Jimin and Jungkook, settling for just waving to Hoseok and Taehyung, since Seokjin had banned him from hugging, kissing, and cuddling them until they’re better. Namjoon did his round of hugs and kisses, saving his mate for last and savoring their kiss as it was their first one since he got sick. The two of them finally leave and the rest of the family go back to eating to get their energy for the day.

///

“We were supposed to go to the fire station on a field trip today.” Seokjin says as he undresses Jimin to get him dressed for the day, Taehyung lying curled up on his bed. “But since we have two sick pups, I called ahead and we’re gonna wait until next week to do that. So today we’ll just be reading some books about firemen, doesn’t that sound fun?” His question is directed to the omega pup in front of him.

Jimin nods as his dad starts to grab a fresh pull up from the box. “Big boy undies!” He exclaims, trying to push the pull up out Seokjin’s hands.

“You wanna wear your big boy underwear today?” Jimi nods excitedly. “Okay, go pick some out.” Jimin runs over to his dresser as Seokjin turns to the camera. “We introduced Taehyung and Jimin to big boy underwear recently as potty training has been going well. Jimin likes it and has asked to wear it a few times, but Taehyung has not shown much interest. We let Jimin wear them when he feels like it, but for the most part he still does pull ups, especially the last couple of days.

Jimin returns then with some green striped briefs, holding them out for his dad and completely ready to put them on. “Remember, you can’t pee or poop in these.” Jimin nods. “What do you do if you have to go pee pee or go poop?”

“Go to potty~” Jimin answers, already reaching out to use his dad’s shoulders for balance so he can put them on.

There’s a jump to when they’re sitting in the playroom for Seokjin to read to them. Jungkook is in his bouncy chair, Hoseok and Taehyung are curled up against their dad, and Jimin is bouncing around the room, full of energy as Seokjin talks about the books. “We have two books today. One is The Fire Cat, and then we have A Day in a L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter