Mah Graduation!! (May 2, 2015)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s dark when the camera is first thanks to the lack of lighting. The only proof that it is actually filming is the sound of cries coming from a hungry pup. Light finally floods the room, revealing Namjoon straightening back up after turning the bedside lamp on and Seokjin attempting to get Hoseok to latch onto his while simultaneously trying to drape a blanket over him with one hand. “What a great way to wake up.” Namjoon smiles tiredly at the camera.

“Yes,” Seokjin chimes in, Hoseok’s crying subsiding now that the omega is finally situated with the two month old pup. “The perfect start to my graduation day.” He looks down at the pup in his arms and raises the pitch of his voice. “You woke up a whole two hours early. And this is why you don’t share a room with Yoongi yet.”

Namjoon smiles softly at his fiancé and pup before turning back to the camera. “We decided to go ahead and start today’s vlog since we know that we won’t be going back to sleep after this.”

“We’ve been trying different ways to get Hoseok to sleep later, but it seems he’s just an early riser.” Seokjin lets out a tired laugh, glancing over at Namjoon. “I just hope I don’t fall asleep during the ceremony later.”

“I hope I don’t fall asleep.” Namjoon counters with a chuckle, earning another laugh from the omega. “Yoongi and Hoseok are probably both gonna nap through it, so I can’t count on them to keep me awake.”

“As long as you’re awake to see me get my degree, I don’t care if you sleep through the rest of it.”

Namjoon nods in agreement. “I’ll tell my mom to wake me right before they call your name.”

“Sounds like a plan~”

///

The camera is once again sitting on Yoongi’s dresser. Seokjin is sitting in the rocking chair nursing Hoseok again while Namjoon stands behind Yoongi, holding his hands as he guides him to take a few steps. “Look at you go, Yoongi!” Seokjin praises as his oldest son walks across the room with Namjoon’s help.

“Can you do it yourself?” Namjoon asks, gently letting go of the 13 month old’s hands. Yoongi stands there, wobbling slightly as he looks around the room. His gaze lands on Seokjin and his baby brother and he moves one leg as if he’s about to take a step.

“You can do it, Yoongi!” Seokjin and Namjoon both encourage the pup to take the step, but eventually he puts his foot back down and drops to his hands and knees, crawling the distance to his dad.

“Ah, so close, buddy!” Namjoon exclaims, walking over to grab the camera. By the time he gets it and refocuses on Yoongi, the pup has pulled himself into a standing position and is patting his hands on Seokjin’s thighs as he eyes his baby brother nursing. “Are you getting hungry?”

“You can go heat up some waffles from yesterday.” Seokjin offers to Namjoon, and it seems the pup understands him as he makes a few noises of excitement.

Namjoon manages to pick Yoongi up with one arm and turn the camera so it’s filming both of them as he carries his pup to the kitchen. “You want some waffles?” Yoongi pats Namjoon’s shoulder in excitement as they make it to the kitchenette, where Namjoon sets the camera down before locking Yoongi in his highchair. “Dada will heat and cut some up for you.” The alpha promises, pressing a kiss to the top of the pup’s head.

///

Seokjin’s head is resting on his hand as he sits at the table. “Hoseok woke up early from his 8:30 nap. Thankfully Namjoon offered to play with him until he gets hungry.” Seokjin says, his free hand tapping away at his laptop. “Yoongi just went down for his morning nap, and yesterday’s vlog is processing right now, so I’m filling out applications.”

The omega sits up and stretches slightly before speaking to the camera again. “A lot of you have been asking what I’m going to do now that I’m graduating college. We’re in a difficult situation right now…” Seokjin falls quiet as he tries to figure out the best way to word his thoughts. “Namjoon and I agreed after Hoseok was born that we didn’t want to rely on his mother to watch the boys anymore. Since they’re so close in age, once they’re both walking it’ll just be too much for her to handle. But with Namjoon still being in school and me going to work, we didn’t know what we were going to do with the boys, so we looked into daycare for them, but we can’t afford most daycares in town, and the ones we can afford don’t accept infants into the program, so we can’t put them in daycare yet.”

Seokjin starts typing again as he finishes his explanation. “For the past month we’ve been trying to come up with another plan that doesn’t involve relying on Namjoon’s mom to watch the boys every single day, and last night we finally came up with one. I’m going to do freelance writing for a while, at least until Namjoon graduates and starts working. This way I can work from home and be with the boys, and if it happens that something requires me to go out and meet with someone, then I can Namjoon’s mom to watch the boys for only a couple of hours every so often rather than all day every day.”

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter