Lots of Surprises! (July 28, 2014)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin looks into the camera, obviously very tired as he sits up in bed. A hint of annoyance flashes on his face, probably from the loud snores that can be heard. He shifts the camera to capture Namjoon sleeping away beside him. “Hey~” He calls out, not getting a response as expected. With his free hand, he gently shakes the alpha. “Hey!” He calls out louder, but Namjoon stays dead to the world. As a last resort, he kicks his fiancé, causing him to startle awake. “Good morning~” He chimes innocently, smiling at Namjoon. Namjoon grumbles in response, shifting closer to the omega and nuzzling into his side. “It’s almost 7:00, you need to get ready for work.”

Namjoon grunts in response, blinking open his eyes as he looks up at Seokjin. “What time’s my mom coming to get Yoongi?”

“She’s not,” Jin answers. “I called in sick to work and then I called your mom and told her she didn’t need to babysit today.”

Namjoon lifts his head up, concern written across his face. “You’re sick?” He asks, subconsciously rubbing Seokjin’s thigh.

Seokjin shook his head. “I’m still just a bit nauseous like I’ve been the past few weeks. I already called my doctor and the only time she could see me was at noon, so I decided to go ahead and take the whole day off rather than try to swap shifts with someone. But I will probably have to work on Saturday to make it up.”

Namjoon was sitting up by the time Seokjin finished speaking. “If you’re not feeling well enough to take care of Yoongi-“

“Joon,” Seokjin gives the alpha a flat look. “Yoongi is my pup, I carried him for nine months, I went through 18 hours of agonizing labor to bring him into this world, I’ve spent the last four months caring for him while running on an average of one hour of sleep a night, I think I can manage one day with a stomachache.”

Namjoon chuckles quietly, leaning in to kiss Seokjin’s cheek. “I love you~”

Seokjin waves him off. “Yeah, yeah, I know, now go shower.” Namjoon playfully rolls his eyes as the both of them climb out of bed. “I’m gonna go check on Yoongi.”

Seokjin exits the bedroom and enters the room next door, his face brightening as his eyes fall on his pup. “Are you already awake?” His voice is at a higher pitch as he turns the camera to film the four-month-old pup that’s definitely wide awake as he lies on his back in his crib, his eyes taking in every inch of his room that he can see. “I bet you’re hungry, huh?” As if he understands that word, Yoongi looks at Seokjin and smiles. “Yeah, but we gotta change your diaper first!” Seokjin turns the camera back to him. “Gonna turn you off for a little bit. See you again at breakfast!”

///

Namjoon is the one who turns on the camera next, filming himself eating a muffin for breakfast. He turns the camera to show Seokjin feeding Yoongi a purple substance while the young alpha sits in his high chair. “Thank you for the muffins, baby~” Seokjin just hums in response, using the baby spoon to scoop a glob of baby food that was threatening to fall off of Yoongi’s chin and push it back into the pup’s mouth. “Why are you feeding him prunes?” Namjoon asks, a mixture of disgust and worry laced in his tone.

“Because he hasn’t pooped in two days!” Seokjin states, not caring if he grosses out their viewers, as they should be used to this kind of talk now that it’s been almost five months since Yoongi was born.

“…and that’s a bad thing?” Seokjin shoots Namjoon a flat look, turning back to Yoongi and feeding him another bite the second a small whine leaves the pup.

The bowl is empty within a couple of minutes and Seokjin immediately picks up the conveniently placed rag to wipe Yoongi’s face. “Alright, I’m gonna go shower now. You’re on baby duty.”

Namjoon sets the camera on the table and moves around to get Yoongi out of his high chair, not before stealing a kiss from Seokjin that was just out of the camera’s frame. Once Yoongi is unstrapped and in Namjoon’s arms, he picks up the camera with his free hand and moves away from the table towards the center of their living room where Yoongi’s play area (just a soft blanket laid out on the floor with a few toys scattered around) is. “Make sure you do tummy time with him!” Seokjin’s voice calls out off camera, followed by the closing of a door.

“Alright~” Namjoon mumbles under his breath, carefully sitting on the floor before setting the camera in front of him. “Say hi to everyone!” He takes Yoongi’s arm and makes the four-month-old wave to the camera. “Let’s get this tummy time started so your daddy doesn’t yell at me later.” There’s an obvious playful tone to Namjoon’s voice as he lays Yoongi on his stomach on the blanket, propping his arms up under him so he can hold himself up. Yoongi starts crying the second he touches the blanket, knowing exactly what’s happening, and he has never enjoyed tummy time. “I know you don’t like it, but we gotta do it.” Namjoon pushes a few toys closer to Yoongi, shaking one of them hoping that it would distract and calm him, but it didn’t work. “Here, I’ll do it with you~” Namjoon lays on his stomach, reaching out and adjusting the camera so that both of their faces are in the frame. “Hello~” He sings, stretching forward and kissing Yoongi’s forehead, which manages to calm the pup just a little bit. “See? It’s not so bad.”

A few minutes pass with Namjoon rambling about random things to the young alpha, only to stop as a disgusted expression appears. “I knew those prunes were a bad idea.” Namjoon complains, sitting up from the ground and grabbing both Yoongi and the camera before stepping into Yoongi’s nursery. He sets the camera down at the end of Yoongi’s changing table before layin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter