The Twins Come Home & Christmas 2016 (December 23-25, 2016)

The Daily Life of Seokjin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 23rd

Namjoon films himself, Yoongi, and Hoseok eating oatmeal at their kitchen table. “Do you know what we’re doing today?” The alpha asks his oldest sons.

“Christmas?” Yoongi asks, as he had every day since the beginning of the month.

“No, not yet~” Namjoon says with a chuckle. “After we finish eating, and after we get dressed, and after we do our painting for today, we’re gonna go get Daddy, Jimin, and Taehyung and bring them home.” Both toddlers cheer in excitement over the news of their dad and brothers getting to come home.

///

From the difference in quality, the next shot is obviously taken by cell phone. Seokjin has it in selfie mode, filming the two twins that are resting on his chest as he lays back on the couch in their NICU room. “Can you say hello to YouTube?” He coos to the pups, Taehyung moving his head slightly to look up at his dad after hearing his voice while Jimin doesn’t move from his spot at all, eyes closed.

Seokjin looks back at his phone, free hand rubbing each pup’s back alternatingly. “They’re 10 weeks old now, and they’re supposed to go home today. In about 30 minutes they’re going to do the car ride simulation to make sure they can stay stable during the car ride home, and then they’ll determine if they’ll for sure get to go home today.”

Seokjin stays quiet for a few seconds before sighing. “I really hope Namjoon doesn’t get the pups’ hopes up just in case they have to stay a few more days.”

///

Yoongi and Hoseok sit at the little table in their playroom with paper and finger paint in front of them. Every so often, Namjoon reaches out to keep Hoseok from putting his fingers in his mouth as they’re covered in the paint. “What are you making?”

“Pwesent for Chim!” Yoongi exclaims, dipping his finger in the blue paint and almost aggressively rubbing his finger along the paper.

“And what’s Hobi doing?” Namjoon asks.

Hoseok laughs brightly. “Tae!” He says loudly, patting his paint covered hand on the paper and leaving behind handprints.

“Are these going to be their Christmas presents?”

Yoongi shakes his head. “Come home pwesent.”

“Ah, it’s their welcome home present?” Yoongi nods happily. “Okay, well finish them up so we can get cleaned up to go get them.”

///

Seokjin films the twins in their car seats that are hooked up to the simulator. “We’re going to run the simulation for about how long it’ll take for you to get home from here, and if they remain stable for the duration of the simulation, then your pups will get to go home today.”

“Yay!”

The video is sped up to get to the end of the simulation sooner. “And they are good~” The nurse announces, shutting the simulation off. “Now just the paperwork part and they’ll be officially discharged.”

Seokjin zooms in on the sleeping pups. “You hear that? You’re coming home!”

///

Namjoon keeps the camera trained on the two toddlers, guiding them down the familiar hallway. Yoongi is carrying a blue box while Hoseok clutches a bag of animal crackers in his hands, as he hadn’t finished the snack Namjoon had given him for the car ride. “Be careful, Yoongi.”

“Otay~”

They step into the NICU room where Seokjin is strapping Jimin back into his car seat. The omega smiles as he sees his family. “We’re all ready to go!” Hoseok and Yoongi immediately rush over to their little brothers, Yoongi going a bit slower than the younger toddler so as not to drop the box he’s carrying, and coo over the sleeping pups. “Oh, you got the cookies?” Seokjin asks, taking the box from Yoongi, and the toddler immediately drops to his knees by Jimin’s car seat.

“Yeah~” Namjoon responds as Seokjin adjusts his grip on the box to be able to hold it with one hand, picking up Taehyung’s car seat with the other. Namjoon picks up Jimin’s car seat. “Come on, pups, let’s go~”

Before they leave the NICU for good, Seokjin pauses by the nurse’s station to drop off the box of cookies from one of the local bakeries. “We wanted to thank you for everything you’ve done for our family these past 10 weeks.” The nurses thank him and Namjoon, and after sharing some holiday greetings, the family of six finally leave the NICU.

///

Seokjin is lying on the floor by the twins, his arm outstretched as he holds the camera to film the three of them. “We’re doing tummy time.” Seokjin narrates. “They were still sleeping when we got home, so we waited for the home tour until they woke up. They did about half an hour ago, then they nursed, and I wanted to do a little bit of tummy time first, but now we’re going to show them our home.”

He sets the camera down and calls for Namjoon. A few seconds later, the camera gets picked back up and focuses on Seokjin holding both of the twins, Yoongi and Hoseok hovering around their parent and brothers. “Let’s go!” Namjoon says behind the camera, and the family moves from the twins’ nursery to the playroom next door.

“When you’re a little bit bigger, you’ll get to spend time in here with your brothers~” Seokjin promises quietly while the twins’ eyes move over the room, taking in the new environment.

They move through the house, the two older pups following Seokjin closely as he talks about each room they go through. They make it to the kitchen where the table is set for a meal. “My mom’s been bringing over food for us the past couple of months.” Namjoon explains. “I was heating up some soup and was about to get the boys ready for lunch when Seokjin decided he was ready for the tour.”

“You’re sounding awfully accusatory there, Namjoon.” Seokjin playfully glares at his mate before moving on through the rest of the house. After showing the living room, the family turns to go back the way they came. “I’m gonna get them down for a nap, and then I’ll be in there to have lunch with you, okay?” Seokjin mainly directs his statement to the toddlers in the family.

“Hold them?”

“I promise you can hold them later, they need to take a nap right now.” Yoongi pouts but nods, heading to the kitchen for lunch.

///

Yoongi sits on the couch in the family room, giggling as Seokjin settles Jimin on his lap. “He can’t hold his head up yet, so you gotta keep your arm right here.”

Yoongi giggles some more, smiling up at his dad. “He’s wittle~”

“He is little.” Seokjin agrees, looking behind the camera and using his head to signal something to Namjoon.

Namjoon sets the camera down and lifts Taehyung out of his vibrating seat that they had brought into the family room, so the twins could enjoy family movie night with them. He then sits on the couch beside Hoseok, who lights up as soon as he realizes Namjoon is bringing Taehyung over for him to hold. “Mine!” Hoseok exclaims as soon as the pup is in his arms, kissing the top of his head with a loud ‘muah’.

After a few more minutes of the toddlers cuddling their brothers, Seokjin says, “okay, I think it’s time for us to eat pizza and watch our movie.” The two alphas whine, but eventually comply with their parents taking the twins from them and laying them down in their chairs. “We’ll be watching the Disney version of A Christmas Carol tonight!” Seokjin tells the camera as Namjoon brings in the pizza so they can eat dinner while watching the movie. “And then the boys are going straight to bed, so we’ll see you tomorrow!”

///

December 24th

Namjoon films Seokjin, who is completely covered by a blanket as he nurses both twins. “The twins are awake.” He says as if it isn’t already obvious.

Seokjin nods. “Jimin’s been awake a bit longer, so he should be done nursing soon if you want to take him to get Hobi up.” Namjoon moves so he can be on camera to, then Seokjin continues. “Yoongi will probably come walking in here any minute now.”

Namjoon nods. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter